Worst GBA FE Chapter

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a fan of Cog Of Destiny.

Enemy turns are too long on that for me

I actually kind of like Arcadia.

Unless I can think of another chapter, I am going to have to say Cog of Destiny.

Enemy turns too long

FE7 Prologue. Nothing happens: the Map!

In Normal Mode it is impossible to lose this map, but I would rather have nothing happen than desert, fog and a turn limit

fe6 chapter 8

way too long, chests way past the throne (why) and long stretches of no enemies

It's A Trap! Anyway, I like that one

All of the prologue maps I guess.

Eh...

FE6 chapter 14 can burn in hell.

I AGREE STRONGLY

I like Arcadia tbh, but the chapter before that can

I'm also not a fan of the Rausten defense map in FE8

I AGREE STRONGLY ABOUT ARCADIA

Last Hope is easily the hardest chapter in FE8, without that stupid fog it would be way easier

Battle Before Dawn.

Jaffar's survival is basically completely down to luck, the long range magic is bound to screw you over since you can't see the mages in the fog. And the presence of Zephiel means that it's impossible to approach this chapter with the kind of caution that the high enemy density requires.

Edited by BrightBow

I dare to say Battle Before Dawn. Defense map that plays like a seize, a mounted Bolting user that moves (unlike Selena), a kill-stealing assassin, and a kid that SHITS ON THE ENTIRE CONTINENT 20 FUCKING YEARS LATER! Not salty, just disappointed.

Battle Before Dawn easily. The game wants you to rush to get to the NPCs before they die, but also wants you to play it safe due to the high enemy density littered with dangerous threats. Normally, this kind of tension makes for a great map, but this chapter is an exception. Jaffar is in danger immediately, so you can not rush to him fast enough (you don't have access to Warp or Rescue at this point), and the map is FoW, so it's difficult to properly play it safe because you can't see exactly where the dangerous enemies are unless you look at a guide.

Basically, there are a lot of variables in this map that are out of the player's ability to control, a feature which is almost unique to this chapter (I haven't finished FE5, though, so maybe there's more of that there). In almost every other map in the series, you have the means to deal with whatever the game throws at you with no/very little luck needed to beat it.

BBD and every FE7 defense map

I don't mind either Arcadia or chapter 8, I usually have fun playing them, even if C8 can be slightly tedious (it's still a lot less tedious than maps with long EPs). If I had to pick from FE6, I'd probably take 20xS or 21x.

Edited by Gradivus.

BBD and every FE7 defense map

Even Talons Alight? That one had pretty decent map design (only ruined by bizzare enemy AI, like the merc obsessed with opening doors and the fighter who would rather attack your units than seize the throne).

Don't know if I'd say it's bad per say, but I always dread reaching Chapter 6 whenever I replay Sacred Stones. It's a Fog of War map that you have to rush through if you want the rewards for saving the villagers. Needing to charge blindly into the unknown doesn't really scream "strategy" to me.

FE6 chapter 14, definitely. I hate Fog of War and desert maps(especially ones with items hidden in the sand) enough as is, so when you combine them...

That's really hard, least favorite is either Arcadia from FE6, or Hamill Canyon from FE8. (I killed Amelia since she was a hindrance, Gilliam is much better for me.)

Edited by Mint Sherry

Enemy turns are too long on that for me

Enemy turns too long

I'd stay as far away from FE4 as humanly possible if I were you.

Anyways, I agree about Battle Before Dawn being sucktastic.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

FE6 Chapter 14 and FE7 Chapter 26/28 (Arcadia/Battle Before Dawn) are by far the worst for reasons stated above. The only other GBA chapters I massively dislike are the FE6 Gaidens, because they are incredibly tedious, have ridiculous amounts of seize tomes and status staves, and are almost always warpskips for me.

I gotta go with Night of Farewells. BBD is super annoying in some ways, but NoF has those stupid disappearing bridges and seems worse about it than like every other time they show up. They just make everything more tedious.

Hearing about that Desert/FoW map actually made me stop playing Binding Blade, but if I had to pick one, I'd say that fucking chapter where you have to recruit Echida. Sooooo much stuff to do and the AI for Klein, Tate, and their troops is so fucking bipolar and random.

Night of Farewells was long and got boring because of the bridges, and Battle Before Dawn is just...no, but that fucking map made my blood boil the most because of that.