Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

No, seriously, fix the bird hair. There is no reason for everyone's portrait to have bird hair.

Well, he's using the FE4/5 mugs. He didn't make them, and I doubt he's got the time/skill to go through and edit every single one down.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use GBA Graphics Editor

[22:17] flyingace2490: Map Sprite Palletes:

Player

0x59EE20

Player (FE7)

0x194594

Player (FE6)

0x100968

Enemy

0x59EE40

NPC

0x59EE60

Other

0x59EE80

Find the map sprites in FE8 (hint: specific offsets can be found with Nightmare modules), use GBAGE to load the palette, save bitmap, load FE7, find map sprite to replace (hint: standing map sprites start around 622 or so in FE7), import bitmap (with palette loaded), check "import graphics" and "abort if new graphics are bigger" or w/e, if it doesn't insert (you'll notice), then uncheck the 2nd box and instead hit the "repoint pointer" and type in a new offset to insert at (making sure that said offset is free space).

If this isn't already in my Ultimate Tutorial I will make an update by next week including it since it's not too hard.

No, seriously, fix the bird hair. There is no reason for everyone's portrait to have bird hair.

Well, he's using the FE4/5 mugs. He didn't make them, and I doubt he's got the time/skill to go through and edit every single one down.

What seph said. I don't have the time or skill to change all of the portraits.

Are you repointing the graphics to a different location? If they're larger than the originals' sizes, your new graphics will spill over into the graphics of other units. If you are repointing pointers, also make sure you're not overwriting any actual data, but are repointing to an empty location.

I don't remember anything fancy being with overworld animated frames in the Fire Emblem GBA games :o

Use GBA Graphics Editor

Find the map sprites in FE8 (hint: specific offsets can be found with Nightmare modules), use GBAGE to load the palette, save bitmap, load FE7, find map sprite to replace (hint: standing map sprites start around 622 or so in FE7), import bitmap (with palette loaded), check "import graphics" and "abort if new graphics are bigger" or w/e, if it doesn't insert (you'll notice), then uncheck the 2nd box and instead hit the "repoint pointer" and type in a new offset to insert at (making sure that said offset is free space).

If this isn't already in my Ultimate Tutorial I will make an update by next week including it since it's not too hard.

I forgot to say so earlier but I already got the FE8 cleric inserted. Used unLZ since NLZ didn't want to open any of my roms (clean or hacked), and GBA GE wasn't working for some reason.

Pics of the working cleric:

screen7e.pngscreen8h.png

And some more screens from Chapter 2:

screen9n.pngscreen10e.pngscreen11m.png

Oh yes, I forgot to ask this before:

Does anyone have a sheet with the talking frames of FE5? It would really save me the trouble of having to play through FE5 another time.

Edited by Krad

Yuria's bases aren't really that great. For example, you need 14 AS to double soldiers in Chapter 2 and 14-15 AS to double fighters. Her con isn't an issue since the basic Light tome has 4 wt, and Thani has also 4 wt. Later tomes will weight more, but there are going to be a few Body rings available later on. Also, you shouldn't drop her, since we all know that near the end of the game there's this one litte tome that sends her stats to the roof.

Capping early isn't really an issue, since enemies will cap stats at around the same time as your characters do.

Also, I'm not really using the same bases as in FE4. Just look at Johalva's bases. Other characters have also been changed. So far, the only characters who are keeping their bases are Oifey and Yuria.

And finally, redid Johalva's palette (since I lost it when I had to use a backup) and gave Yuria one.

1zbw21c.png2zthjkm.png

Not really. Characters aren't cap ramming as early as you seem to think (so far I've all my units at level 7, and no character has a stat capped). By average, you should only start capping at around level 15 or so. And by that moment, promoted enemies start to appear.

And because I don't like to post without progress:

screen19g.pngscreen20h.pngscreen21.png

NPC palettes for both Levin and Yuria, and also a player palette for Levin even though he's not playable, just because I don't like that NPC green.

screen19g.pngscreen20h.pngscreen21.png

NPC palettes for both Levin and Yuria, and also a player palette for Levin even though he's not playable, just because I don't like that NPC green.

Too bad the base of it isnt FE8. Because if you made a thing like Creature Campaign that would be cool to have

playable Levin. Even as a bonus character.

Oh hey. It's time to tease a bit with Chapter 3.

e0rgnb.png29nujde.png

Too bad the base of it isnt FE8. Because if you made a thing like Creature Campaign that would be cool to have playable Levin. Even as a bonus character.

Oh, don't worry about it. I've already though of something that I'm sure will make more than one person happy.

Yay more Chapter 3.

screen27x.pngscreen28.pngscreen29q.png

Personally I'm liking this chapter a lot. I think it really gives that "war" feeling from FE4, since it's a pretty big map, with 3 castles to conquer.

Also, I'm looking into music insertion. There's this one song from SMG2 that I think would fit really well as a map theme for the first few chapters.

Yes, that sounds like a pretty good song.

Oh and the links work, kinda, VGMusic prevents hotlinking, you have to load the page, it'll say you can't view it, and then you have to press the "Go" button or enter button again or whatever to try and reload the page (but refreshing doesn't work IIRC).

Since I can't get any song to sound right, you will have to see this without any imported music. Sorry.

A few things to note:

[spoiler=Commentary]00:16 - I haven't changed the Soldier Portrait yet.

00:27 - Haven't made talking frames for Dannan, either.

04:01 - Celice and Lakche have been ridiculously blessed this playthrough. On average, they should be much weaker than what they are right now.

05:05 - I thought I had changed the Rivough enemy descriptions. Guess not.

05:29 - While overpowered, Dannan is beatable. (Hint: mage girl)

05:44 - Veld is not. Don't worry about him.

08:04 - Shit, missed with a 96

08:06 - Nevermind, thanks Lakche

09:06 - What a twist! By the way the ballista can hit Johan while he's on the gate.

09:22 - The starting enemies are 50. Sucks that you can't have more.

11:17 - Good ol' Oifey can't ORKO anymore. It is a sad day in Fire Emblem.

11:48 - This sort of things happen just way too often with Lakche.

While there are quite a few things to add yet, I can say that I'm loving this chapter so far.

Aww, no music... *cries*

Well, on the bright hand side, you are liking your own hack, and that will make your hack better, because people tend to do things better when they like what they are doing. So that's something to look forward to, hopefully. XP

I agree. Working on chapter 3 has been much easier than on the other chapters, and I guess that's because it's been much more fun to do this chapter than the rest.

Also, Arthur and Fee's palettes (they didn't appear in the video because they appear on turn 3).

jjyah3.pnge5qj6c.png

Edited by Krad

Can I suggest something? Make Veld a Dark Druid (Maybe give him Nergal's tome, Iunno) and have him warp out once Johan is recruit or something of the sort.

Veld leaves after a certain event, which isn't Johan's recruitment. You just don't see him leave since the video only convers the first turn. That's also the reason why Arthur and Fee aren't in the video.

Also, I was going to leave him as a Dark Bishop since you fight him relatively early (around chapter 8 or 9, I'm not sure yet), and giving him a stronger tome would be just a bit too unfair (Fenrir already has 20 mt, and any higher than that is reserved for Holy Weapons). I may change him to a Dark Druid, but I'm not too sure yet.

Edited by Krad