Translation patches

VincentASM

Did you check the main dialogue though?

I know the really old versions of the FE6 patch still have the Japanese logos, if that's what you're referring to. I don't think you would be able to find them though o__o

I remember patching it once to get it into English, and the dialogue that popped up on the screen before the title screen wasn't there. Is that the main dialogue?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I want to play FE 4 and FE 5 on my PSP with the SNES Emulator SnesPSP_TYL v0.4.2.

I (hard-)patched the roms as instructed (I already patched several FE 6,7 and 8 Roms with hacks so at least I know what to do in basic terms)

I used the patches from here (SF)

FE 5 does indeed start up on my PSP.

FE4 gives me a blank screen upon start (also on ZNES).

Did someone else also encounter this problem?

Can someone confirm that there is indeed the possibility to play FE4 translated on SnesPSP_TYL v0.4.2?

(Or another SNES Emulator for PSP or DS?)

On a side note: The Tranlsatzion patch for FE5 state that it is 90% finished.

I get a translated story/event text, but upon openening the unit menues most of the stats are gibberish and really not helpful.

Is it only me, or is this part of the still not translated 10%?

Many thanks for your help (^^)=b

Oh and if someone asks why the trouble playing on PSP or DS...I am a portable gamer to the core. I am commuting via Bus 2,5 hours every day.....so there is not much time left to play at home in the evenings hence the PSP / DS

So FE4 doesn't even start up properly on your PC when patched? If so, I suggest adding/subtracting (I can never remember which one it is) the header using SNESTool or WindHex and then patching.

FE5's stats are indeed untranslated - I think they're compressed so it makes them troublesome to edit. I don't think it matters that much since the personal stats have the English graphics next to them (Str, Skl etc.). If you need help with the other stats, you could always ask (and you can either memorise them or jot them done on a notepad or something).

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using Snes emulator for CPU

Extract the rom file from the zip file to the folder where your emulator is.

Extract the patch from the zip file to the folder where your rom file will be.

Rename the translation patch to be the exact name of your rom file. (right click the rom file go to rename and copy the name and rename the translation patch and paste it)

It should work unless if you are having a different problem.

Edited by Jason W.

What are these issues?

Does the game just load a black screen, or does it load but the game is still in Japanese, or does it actually display English text properly, but some graphics are a bit distorted?

In any case, extracting the files would be the safest approach, definitely. Why wouldn't you want to do it? It's not like you're saving much space o__o

Usually it would translate right if it was in the .zip file. I'll try extracting them and see what happens.

BTW the first two scenarios usually happen.

Edited by Colonel M

K so here's the problem. There are 3 patches inside the folder and all 3 are required. Now of course I cannot rename all 3 of those files the same name as Fire Emblem Thracia 776. Which means I'll probably have to hard-patch it. Now do I run the ROM under all 3 patches then, one at a time?

I was going to ask the same thing.

...Which one? Or will anyone do?

EDIT: Does FE5 run under the zsnesw emulator?

EDIT2; Screw it, it loaded. nvm.

EDIT3; I know it does run, but on one patch it doesn't load, and on the other 2 once I move a char the game freezes. It only works normally if I don't use a patch

Edited by Joshybear25

For patching FE5 (if the game name has NP in it that means use the patch that says NP) If it dosen't have NP that means use the Rom one IDK about the v-rom one though and to patch it put the patch where your game is and rename the patch to the name of your game. To do that right click your rom file go to rename copy it then go to the patch name go to rename and paste. If that dosen't work you might need a new rom probably, or that don't work then wait for Vincent sorry.

Edited by Jason W.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know anything about the Tear-Ring Saga patch that was supposedly in progress? This site has been dead now for some time, and there has not been discussion since 2007, so I assume it never got off the ground or was a hoax.

I apologise if I'm not allowed to necropost a sticky topic, but I was interested if anyone knew anything.

I assume that particular group never found a translator : /

There have a few other translation projects (one of which I saw had actual ingame chapters translated), but I don't know what's happened to any of them.

In any case, there's also a partial translation script by FireLizard, which you can find at GameFAQs. It hasn't been updated for a few years though, but I seem to recall almost half of the game has been translated. Or was it a quarter?

Does anyone know anything about the Tear-Ring Saga patch that was supposedly in progress? This site has been dead now for some time, and there has not been discussion since 2007, so I assume it never got off the ground or was a hoax.

I apologise if I'm not allowed to necropost a sticky topic, but I was interested if anyone knew anything.

http://www.ayashii.com/blog/ayashii-gamesubs.html

Tear Ring Saga is currently in development. Please do not ask about the status of this project unless you are willing to provide Japanese translation support.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if it's known here, but Gaiden's been getting some translation attention.

A first peek at my translation of the game Fire Emblem Gaiden. I probably should have put it on easy mode to show level-up stuff, but oh well!

As of now, what remains is mostly injecting and fixing the NPC Dialogue. However, there are some smaller things I need to find in the game. One can be seen here -- it changes the 'Name' column header to gibberish. Now where the heck is that coded...?

He's asking for testers to help out before a final release.

Hey, everyone. Somewhat of a new face here, but I just finished a retranslation of Fire Emblem Gaiden for the NES. Before submitting it to the site, I'd like some people to go through it to perhaps catch things that I could not.

*snip*

Inside the ZIP are 3 patches: 1 for the Japanese ROM, one for j2e's attempt, and another for StarWolf's fix of some of j2e's problems.

What's new:

• Translated all of the stuff j2e didn't, including some NPC speech, battle dialogue, and the credits.
  • Fixed names and items to fit the space alotted so that things don't disappear in menus and magic doesn't freeze the game.
  • Provided better text flow control than j2e.
  • Made a better title screen.

Here's a preview video:

Anyway, I found quite a few oddities as I translated. There are discrepancies here and there, which is why I'd like some people to help search out what I couldn't find.

As an example, there are lion statues all over the game that allow you to up stats. Every statue but one reads an argument for the stat's name when saying that your character gained that stat. The single place that didn't follow this had its text hard-coded in for some reason.

Anyway, I hope I can get a little help here, as it's hard to find anyone willing anywhere else, I'd think. Hopefully this thing can be fixed into a decent translation!

One final note for those playing: Hold Start and Select when picking a File to start your game at. You can then pick Easy Mode, which doubles XP gained and allows item trading between the two main parties for free.

Thanks for reading~

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,9558.0.html

• 1 month later...

I am trying to hard patch the game Fire emblem 8 prototype(cuz my emulators dont support soft) it patched but when i try to run the game the first emulator i try just sits there with a blank white screen.

The second one dose the same but is smart enough to tell me that the emulation has crashed. I dont know if its cuz the games format is in .srl or if it just dosnt work for this version. Plz help.

If you're talking about the patch, there is no English version of the prototype, since the people who developed the game were Japanese.

If it's the ROM, I can't provide details because it's illegal.