Rate the Unit, Day 19: Amelia

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

tana got 7.333r

AMAZING

but seriously woke up late and had shopping to do so late day start today

also read the motherfucking rules, ok

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/10 0/10

upon further thought the 1 is giving her too much credit

Takes far too much effort to even become a decent unit. Atrocious when she joins and is never going to pay off for the babying she needs.

Edited by Dirk Strider

Amelia is kinda terrible. You'd expect a trainee to have good growths, right? NOPE. Just 10 more levels to train and 10 more levels of random variation. So yeah, even if you get her to 10/20/20, she's only as good as the other cavs. That's not a very good incentive to use her unless you wanna go general or GK for CC or something which I could give less of a shit about and in that case, infinite statboosters are go so who the fuck cares

anyway she joins with the stats of being oneshot by just about everything, so she has to be babied, a lot. Going by the level 10 in Valni rule in Drafts, she's still terrible. Cav is obviously the superior option in the main storyline, so I will go with that. Knight Crest competition is FIERCE, and she is terribly underleveled. At that point, if in play, Franz is likely to already have promoted, so she'll still have to fight out the next one (where is it, anyway) with Kyle and Forde unless you're using neither of them. And Kyle/Forde has base levels on her and base stats and con and just about everything important. And that's her best promotion. If she goes Knight, well, good luck catching up.

Pretty fucking useless and only saved by the speedwings he brings, which a lot of people would appreciate, like Garcia.

1/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Free speedwing, holy crap.

obvious growth unit is obvious, but that def us perpetually low, even as general. Other stats are pretty reliably good though...just getting there is the problem. She is such a late investment, that outside if Valni 10/1/0, she is a performance deficit wrapped in a cute little :Amelia: package.

Still, Franz recruits this free speedwing.

3.125. Good if trained, but hard to train overall. Also, rated over Eirika route, since Fort Rigwald recruitment is a bitch and a half.

Also, emphasis on good.

Edited by Elieson

1/10

Takes far too much effort to even become a decent unit. Atrocious when she joins and is never going to pay off for the babying she needs.

Sweet~

Now for the information we ALL know about but people feel like repeating because apparently we forget every 2 seconds. <3

At some point I went into painstaking detail to explain to a group of people why Amelia is one of the worst units in Fire Emblem history. As the poster above me pointed out, I don't need to do that. So I'm giving her a 0/10 and letting you guys all imagine her awesome base parameters being put into use.

At some point I went into painstaking detail to explain to a group of people why Amelia is one of the worst units in Fire Emblem history. As the poster above me pointed out, I don't need to do that. So I'm giving her a 0/10 and letting you guys all imagine her awesome base parameters being put into use.

You still tried to let people know of things we know already. For shame.

Also, speedwings.

Also, she's fucking adorable. Not that it helps her because she's not Seth but yeah.

Man... Why can't every FE character just be Seth? Or better yet just get rid of everyone except Seth. That would be a fun game alright.

I like babying, so I won't take away any points for the level she starts at. the point is, her stats will never be truly great and she doesn't use magic meaning no 1-2 range all the time. only nice thing is that great shield skill as a general, but that way she will hit her speed cap too soon.

super trainee does look awesome though.

6.5/10

I like babying, so I won't take away any points for the level she starts at. the point is, her stats will never be truly great and she doesn't use magic meaning no 1-2 range all the time. only nice thing is that great shield skill as a general, but that way she will hit her speed cap too soon.

super trainee does look awesome though.

6.5/10

Super Recruit is the only class for Amelia as it preserves her adorableness.

Man... Why can't every FE character just be Seth? Or better yet just get rid of everyone except Seth. That would be a fun game alright.

Can Seth finally be his own convoy? I imagine his horse would get tired of carrying Eirika and eventually her horse too.

extremely shitty and underleveled unit

There is no excuse for being this badly underleveled. I mean, at least Ross has earlygame to get out of his rut, and Ewan has accurate chip hitting res. Amelia has neither, and is therefore the worst character in FE8. Like 16HP/4str/4spd/2def/6con for bases? This is beyond useless. Either she uses a javelin and avoids getting mauled at absolute best, but kills her AS/hit, or uses iron/slim and has 'usable' hit and AS, but ends up getting ORKO'd if not outright OHKO'd. She's 'decent' if trained, but I'd much rather use somebody else like, you know, FRANZ.

Edited by darkandroid125

Starting inventory doesn't really matter since it's not like you actually have to use Amelia for that Speedwing to exist. That's like giving the Renais Secret Room a 4/10 because it gives you the promotion items and legendary weapons for the lords.

Anyway, I'm giving Amelia a 1/10, with that one point being a bias point.

Can Seth finally be his own convoy? I imagine his horse would get tired of carrying Eirika and eventually her horse too.

Who the hell is Eirika in this scenario? Seth would have his own game. He has no need for a useless princess.

extremely shitty and underleveled unit

There is no excuse for being this badly underleveled. I mean, at least Ross has earlygame to get out of his rut, and Ewan has accurate chip hitting res. Amelia has neither, and is therefore the worst character in FE8.

NO WAY! It feels like only yesterday that someone was telling that Amelia is an awful unit because of IS' incompetence.

Also, speedwings. Are we really forgetting this easily attainable item Seth wants you can't get without recruiting her with Franz which is pretty damn easy? :c

Also, Amelia is all kinds of adorable which kinda negates any of her shortcomings if you ask me. Which you shouldn't because I honestly don't care that she's not Seth but if want then go ahead. :>

She's pretty underleveled when she joins which is sadfais.

However she does can promote into a Cavalier and go Paladin/Great Knight which is a good point; despite of the fact it takes effort.

So... I'll give her

Who the hell is Eirika in this scenario? Seth would have his own game. He has no need for a useless princess.

+3 Atk/Def, +7 everything else says hi.

And he needs someone to get laid with. :P

As tempting as it is to give her a 0... I... will not do it. I WILL, however, give her a... 2/10, with one of those points coming from bias. (This rating is based on Eir route)

Super Recruit is the only class for Amelia as it preserves her adorableness.

I see even a name change doesn't stop the silly from emanating from you... E S R.

EDIT: o hai thar Lumi.

Edited by Metal King Slime

+3 Atk/Def, +7 everything else says hi.

And he needs someone to get laid with. :P

Seth doesn't need those pointless bonuses.

Besides I'm pretty he's gonna have enough kids considering he has an enormous harem of men and women at his something or other.

Beck and call. There we go. I think that's what I meant to say. Because Seth gets his massive cock massaged in an array of ways daily is what I'm saying. :awesome:

Edited by Blood-Stained-Rose

Potential Paladin

1/10

If by potential you mean she's just sitting on her cute butt after you steal her speedwings and give them to Seth then sure. Potential Paladin! :D

If by potential you mean she's just sitting on her cute butt after you steal her speedwings and give them to Seth then sure. Potential Paladin! :D

Seth-less

She does'nt need them

Garcia gets them

Or COrmag

Seth-less

She does'nt need them

Garcia gets them

Or COrmag

Seth... less?

Does not compute my good friend.

Edited by Blood-Stained-Rose

Just a novelty unit, put more EXP in, get less out.

0/10

Wait. What.

But... But isn't every unit a novelty unit to be used at the leisure of the player?

Stop confusing me! >_<