I'm sorry, but I'm getting really sick of Japan-only FE fanboys.

Anacybele

Alright, here's the story. I've stated in the past, both here and elsewhere, that I choose not to emulate games and that is why I haven't played any that weren't released in English or in the case of region lock, any that weren't released here in the US.

But multiple times, I've been pestered to play FE4 or FE5 or whatever Japan-only FE game and pestered to change my mind about emulation. It's happened here and it's happened elsewhere despite my stance on the matter. Now here, it wasn't really that bad, it just got kind of repetitive. But now, after some comments on my favorite FE music video on Youtube, I'm at my wits end on this issue. And it continues even though I've also said that I'd be willing to play these games if they got some kind of localization!

Here's the conversation and video I'm referring to.

I've a history of being told that I'm "whining" or "being childish" and I have had issues in the past on taking criticism, but not for something as ridiculous as this. Simply saying that I choose not to emulate and that this should be respected is whining and acting like a child? And where did this dirtbag get the idea that he gave me any criticism? All I see him saying here is that I should play more FE games and that my list is shit.
Clearly, this guy is an idiot and I give kudos to the other guy for defending me. Although, why they mistook me for a guy when I stated only like five comments below this that I'm female escapes me.
Nobody here has acted the way the dumbass above has, but I've still had incidents where people told me I should emulate. And for the last time, I WILL NOT EMULATE. I have my reasons. For one, I like how natural it feels to play a legitimate copy of a game. And for another, I don't want to risk damaging my computer or having lag or other issues. I've heard that some emulated games do this. And many of these games are just plain easier to play on a compatible console. For example, I have no idea how I'd play something like Zelda on a PC.
So there. And I will NOT change my mind. I will never emulate (not counting things like Virtual Console games for obvious reasons) and that is final. I just felt like I needed to get this off of my chest.
Anyone else ever have situations like this?
Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's beside the point. I've just been insulted to hell just because I don't want to emulate the Japan-only FEs. And this guy is clearly a fanboy anyway because he implies that the localized FEs are terrible. He even called me an inferior fan because I only play those right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it's not exactly news that YouTube is full of dumbasses, is it? Taking any kind of discussion in YouTube comments even just remotely seriously tends to be a massive waste of time.

And for another, I don't want to risk damaging my computer or having lag or other issues. I've heard that some emulated games do this.

What

Not all emulators work 100% perfectly, but no emulator that I know of will "damage your computer". Those are just fairy tales to scare you off.

Some places that distribute ROMs also distribute viruses, but other than that the two aren't related.

Why do you care so much?

I didn't care at all before. But after this incident, I'm getting tired of it.

Well, it's not exactly news that YouTube is full of dumbasses, is it? Taking any kind of discussion in YouTube comments even just remotely seriously tends to be a massive waste of time.

What

Not all emulators work 100% perfectly, but no emulator that I know of will "damage your computer". Those are just fairy tales to scare you off.

Some places that distribute ROMs also distribute viruses, but other than that the two aren't related.

I never knew such a thing. But that's probably because I'm not extremely active on Youtube.

And viruses can damage your computer, They wouldn't be caused by the emulator/ROM directly, but still.

Why do you care so much?

You should really answer Chiki's question here.

Their stubbornness and your stubbornness clashing as mine and yours once did won't do you any good.

If you're refusing to play a Japan only FE, then just move on?

You're not going to find "support" for your rant here. At least not really.

I don't think they're "JP only" fanboys(By this, I mean that they're probably not fans just because it is jp only), they just happen to like a game you 'refuse' to play.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you wanted to discuss this, a great place to do it would be... oh, I dunno, Not Here? Seeing as anybody who would theoretically recommend that you pirate and emulate the game would be putting Jyosua into liability trouble (well, in practice no, but it still wouldn't be tolerated here).

Sometimes a game is good and it's not accessible by ordinary means. Don't get salty about that. And if you're worried about accessibility issues--Lord Almighty, I can't find where the A button is! If I can't press it right now I will be screw--WAIT it's a turn-based strategy game. Ease of control is a nonissue.

honestly unless your policy is too only play games that you can buy, in that case more power to you because that's the respectful thing to do, there's no real flaw with emulation

i've only emulated stuff i've bought or aren't available for me to easily buy, like old SNES games that never got released overseas for me to buy in the first place

Also there's some Skype drama going on to the tune of "don't dish what you can't take"

On a note that's actually from me, the moment you start throwing around anything abrasive and/or hanging with folks you can't trust to be decent, crap will happen. Nature of the beast.

I can understand that some people are overly pushy to the point of being rude and insulting. I can understand why you don't want to emulate, hell, I don't do it either. However, all I have to say is this:

Regardless of how "idiotic" this person may have been acting, you don't get to dish out what you can't take. I have noticed that you don't like being called an idiot or stupid or things of that nature. I don't blame you, no one does! But if you can't handle people saying those words to you, then you don't really get to say that about anyone else - no matter how idiotic they may be acting.

Clearly, this guy is an idiot and I give kudos to the other guy for defending me. Although, why they mistook me for a guy when I stated only like five comments below this that I'm female escapes me.

Nobody here has acted the way the dumbass above has, but I've still had incidents where people told me I should emulate. And for the last time, I WILL NOT EMULATE. I have my reasons. For one, I like how natural it feels to play a legitimate copy of a game. And for another, I don't want to risk damaging my computer or having lag or other issues. I've heard that some emulated games do this. And many of these games are just plain easier to play on a compatible console. For example, I have no idea how I'd play something like Zelda on a PC.

Anyone else ever have situations like this?

How is he an idiot for wanting you to play more of the series? :/

Again, wanting you to play more of the series isn't really "dumbass" material. He did get hostile after a bit,, but he wasn't at first. I do understand just not wanting to emulate, I guess. About the Zelda thing, it's surprisingly easy for GBA games. There's only 4 buttons, plus Select and Start. VBA is the one true waifu~ <3

Everyone above me has brought up some rather good points, though.

You should really answer Chiki's question here.

Their stubbornness and your stubbornness clashing as mine and yours once did won't do you any good.

If you're refusing to play a Japan only FE, then just move on?

You're not going to find "support" for your rant here. At least not really.

I can't agree with this enough.

Edited by Anguis

Also one last thing that I noticed that always gets me to clash with you before...

You are very fast to dish out offensive words like "idiot" when referring to someone who shares a different opinion from you when the conversation starts out with a simple suggestion of "emulation" which your very adamant position that not everyone knows about, causes some sparks.

...in addition, you DO NOT need to have played a game to appreciate the music.

You can refuse to emulate but what exactly is wrong about expanding your horizons and listening to FE music outside of the games you've played?

Not to mention you are only restricting your selections to... what, the Tellius series which you have obvious bias for? That is a legitimate criticism of your selection.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Not emulating is pretty silly, imho.

I mean, kudos to you for wanting to have real copies of the game (I do, too), but sometimes games aren't accessible, and, well, I want to play them.

Of course, I myself haven't played FE4 yet, even though I'm in the FE4 Thread like all the time and TE tells me to play the game.

But couple things:

1) You can make the game feel "natural," by (i) connecting your computer to a TV, (ii) buy a controller of some sort to connect to the computer (Dualshock, Wii U Pro, GameCube, they all work), and (iii) fullscreen mode. I assure you, it doesn't get any more natural than that. Basically, you're computer becomes your 'console,' your ROM is simply a digital copy of the game, and your controller is, well, a controller.

2) Any viruses you get (if any) won't be serious. Nothing to look twice at if you have decent protection.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Ah youtube comments... they're really only good for gems like these:

why you kill garret you can use lilina to talk him and you can able to use garret what the fuck fuck yourself shit mother fucker bullshit

Just ignore them, or laugh at the really dumb ones lol.

And viruses can damage your computer, They wouldn't be caused by the emulator/ROM directly, but still.

At the risk of being labeled a "Japan-FE Fanboy", if you're downloading an emulator and it results in your computer getting a virus, you have to have been deliberately looking to find it or something because there's so many legit sites to get a damn emulator from that any of your friends can point you to it.

As for the whole "I WILL NEVER PLAY JP-ONLY FE": Meh, suit yourself.

Edited by Sirius

When you think about it, your hatred of emulation is not very rational at all. The reason emulation is bad is pretty much because it affects sales, and it takes away money from the people who made the game. You are right to be angry about that. However, I doubt the people who made FE4 20 years ago care at all about foreigners playing their games. FE4 isn't made anymore and no one really sells it apart from like old antique video game stores in Japan which have SNES games I guess. The developers don't make any money from that. I doubt they give a shit if you go and play FE4. In fact it'd probably make them happy that their game hasn't been forgotten after so many years.

Just relax, stop being so stubborn, and enjoy the wonderful game that is FE4. FE5 is too.

I feel like Ana might actually play Japan FE if she realized the original blue haired lords were 800x hunkier than Chrom+Ike+Frederick combined.

Also... emulators/roms won't give you a fucking virus oml. Stupidest thing I've read all day, and I read youtube comments for fun.

Edited by Klokinator

Why do you care so much?

i mean

what exactly do you expect us to do about it

Both of these.

And honestly, after reading those YouTube comments...you didn't exactly paint yourself in a good light there. While I think it goes too far, I don't even give a crap about your refusal to emulate, but people are never going to stop suggesting those games as long as you're a part of the fandom. Either live with it or play the damn games.

Also, I have half a mind to move this to FftF since it's basically just a rant (and not a very justified one imo).

I don't think this was a discussion on the morality of emuation, if someone personally doesn't like emulating then it's fine, for whatever reason (prefers consoles, doesn't want to be a pirate, whatever). She has no reason to be criticized.

That being said, it should be written somewhere that Youtube comments should never be taken seriously, ever, at all. Youtube is a place full of trolls, passionate fanboys, assholes, bigots and I've even encountered neo-nazis. You could say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znNiN0lYAQ

… After having actually looked at said video and the comments, I think you're overreacting, Ana. Now, I know sometimes people offend others even when they don't mean to and it happens and I do think in that case people should apologize. But …

I dont know where I could have POSSIBLY gotten the idea, but I totally guessed your #1 right.

Seriously though, you need to play some more fire emblem games.

How in the everliving hell is this rude and offensive?

No, seriously. How is that rude in the slightest? You also conveniently left out the part where said user also said that saying your list is shit and "enjoy being an inferior FE fan" was a joke after you kept on accusing him of rudeness that, honestly, doesn't even seem to be there.