Rate The Unit, Day 9: Meg

Sunwoo

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Leonardo: 2.531

Ilyana: 3.75

Aran: 4.926

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Nolan: 9.069

Sothe: 8.938

Okay, Ilyana and Aran's scores have been tallied and added. I didn't throw out any votes, mostly because I wasn't sure if I should've.

Edited by Jihyun

Sorry, ive been here but everytime I tried to tally ilyana and aran i just screamed, stopped and went to play drafts instead. Sorry for my laziness, but those threads were a bit messy. Thanks for putting up the thread, Boron :). I would appreciate it If everyone started bolding their votes.

Well, I'm not doing anything important now, so I could tally up Ilyana and Aran for you later if you want.

PKL, its all good because like, yer busy and stuff and probably need a day off to be lazy and play drafts. :P: (If i wasnt so bad at maths, id do it....)

Anyway, Meg. The sweet country gal looking for love in all the wrong places. Brom's daughter.

Pros:

Good for chip.

Cons:

:unsure:

Stats dont jive with her class.

Bad strength.

Bad defense.

Doesnt have good returns...

Sad because i really like Meg's character. What? I do! i think shes cute and i like the fact shes not like a supermodel. Shes a more plus sized gal in a sea of impossibly good looking characters. Plus her whole "Pookums" bit is just...hehehehe...Poor Zihark. Shes a nice girl with honest intentions. She just took her dad too seriously. Anyway, as a unit, shes really bad. Personally, i find her worse than Fiona because i can make Fiona work! I cant do that much with Meg. Fiona takes a lot of resources (and turns) to get anywhere but the payout is kinda cool if yer arsed. (most people arent but you know...Florina goes against the grain.) Meg never becomes pretty neat to have on the team even when beefed up and trained. While its funny to see her being all PINK KNIGHT with Alondite, its just not really worth it in the end because her stats will never jive with her class. Her growths are ehh, her defense will never be good which is shitty for an Armor. No, i dont think shes Wendy caliber bad but shes close. Sad because i like Meg.

1.5/10. 2/10 bias because i like Meg's character. Haters gonna hate.

Edited by Florina

Competeing with Fiona for the worst DB character in the game imo. Meg has all the wrong stats for her class, with Strength and Defence actually falling behind for her, with the typical Mag/Res Boost for Females. She can become decent if trained properly, but can get killed in one battle as early as Part 1 endgame if ignored. Often looked over for better DB characters like Nolan and Edward.

3/10-0.5 Bias for a score of

2.5/10

Bad bases, mediocre growths, worst affinity in the game, 1-2RKO'd on her join chapter, and to top it all off, 5 movement. I honestly can't think of any redeeming factors other than shove.

0/10

Edited by Zman

3/10 - if she's babied enough she can become quite usable with high speed and good durability compared to glass cannons can Edward during Part 1 and the start of Part 3, but those caps slaughter her usability and to top it off, she uses swords, which doesn't compliment her low strength at all. You'd be better off bringing pretty much anyone else into battle and/or sticking her at the back. Practically useless during Part 4. Still, not useless, and deserves a better score than someone like Wendy.

Hey look it's Wendy that costs a deployment slot on her joining chapter and uses Swords instead of Lances!

0.5/10. The only reason she gets 0.5 is that she has minor use with Shoving and doesn't cost a slot later on in Part 3 (and she can help with like Turn 1 on 1-5).

9/10 because Kngt_of_Titania thinks she's good and Kngt_of_Titania is of course always right you peons he got 165 turns on Lunatic mode in FE12 :smug:

Do I even need to tell you that I'm throwing this vote out?

She's my favorite knight with the coolest orange armor and is also one of my most favorite FE characters overall, but that doesn't mean she's great stat-wise. Weird growths for a knight, awful chapter to appear in, kind of hard to use if you don't baby her, swords coupled with lackluster STR. Nevertheless, I'd still use her no matter what. <3

4/10

If only she had a better strength growth and maybe axes or lances instead of swords. But at the very least she's better than Wendy.

Edited by Esme

she can become a good unit, but than again, everyone can in this game. quickly reaching her speed cap, she's perfect to bexp dump on.

though by endgame, her caps ruin any chance for her to be good.

1.5/10 since Fiona and Lyre are worse

Hard Mode makes her useless. Her stat distribution is horrible, requires instant BEXP to not get doubled and killed by a certain Tiger in her join chapter. She isn't even good for ranged chip because her skill is tiny, her base luck is low(and her high growth doesn't effect it) to the point with the Wind Blade her hit is unreliable despite the low damage(only part 1 solution is her support but her low move drags whomever she's supporting back, except maybe Laura).

She's one of the worst combat units in DB(perhaps just ahead of Leonardo and Fiona) and has less move than everyone else on top of that.

0/10

Basically a poor man's swordmaster, only without the speed cap. Awful bases and growths that don't suit her class don't help. 0/10.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Awful base stats, but she does get pretty good with enough growing and needing to give her forged swords until she starts catching up with the other characters. Takes work, but she's worth the investment to have the best Iron Clad dodger in the series. :awesome: It is advised to give her support with anyone with a Fire Affinity to give her better durability for the Earlygame chapters. Also, further of this was discussed in the "Why hate Meg" topic.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28862

Look there for more details.

Anyway.....

6.5/10

Edited by リンダ

best Iron Clad dodger in the series

Gatrie says hi (this isn't part of my vote, before you toss it).

Anyway, her bases make me want to cry, her growths aren't entirely terrible (but not much to shout about, either), but her caps hurt her and almost any other unit can do her job much better, with MUCH less investment. 0.5/10, because she can break a wall or attempt to hit stuff with a wind edge.

Edited by Epic Fail

Awful base stats, but she does get pretty good with enough growing and needing to give her forged swords until she starts catching up with the other characters. Takes work, but she's worth the investment to have the best Iron Clad dodger in the series. :awesome:

Actually, Tauroneo has better dodge since he has a Wind affinity and can use the Wishblade. As a result, a level 20/20 Tauroneo will have 96 avoid, while a level 20/20 Meg will have a mere 94 avoid.

It is advised to give her support with anyone with a Fire Affinity to give her better durability for the Earlygame chapters.

There are no Fire affinities in the DB until Tormod joins, and Fire support doesn't give a durability bonus. Also, further of this was discussed in the "Why hate Meg" topic.