Will there be avatars and waifus in this game? Avatar and waifu discussion. Waifus, the second coming.

Misses Elise-chan!

Waifus  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the return of waifus in this game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What about another self insert avatar?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get no marriage system I would actually like a return to the "normal" support system of the older games. And somehow I don't want another marriage system or to be more precise, another game with 2 generations (unless they do something like in FE 4, but please no more time travel stuff).

As for the avatar, I am pretty sure we will get another one. It would be nice to not have access to all classes, but instead only a pool so the unit wouldn't be that broken. Aside from that, more customization overall in terms of graphics and maybe even growths. A mix of answering questions, choosing a strength/flaw and maybe even choosing a favorite and least favorite class in order to determine which classes and stats/growths the character get would be quite nice.

Honestly, I'd like neither to return. Please, just give me a real Fire Emblem game and none of what Awakening imposed.

Avatars are okay I suppose, but waifus were part of what made me despise Awakening. If I want to play a dating-sim, I can do that elsewhere.

You guys need to learn to love waifus. Waifus made me enjoy Awakening very much. Maybe one day when they take out the marriage system you'll all be begging to IS on your hands and knees crying for them to add it again.

Doesn't anyone want the avatar system taken out, or is everybody fine with it? Feel free to share your opinion on why the avatar must be removed. A couple OP units are okay for gameplay.

Edited by Rabbattack

Yes and yes.

The fact that they didn't show an Avatar character is actually kinda curious. They could introduce it later, I guess, though.

I don't mind a customizable character, but I'd rather them be a minor character.

Technically speaking, couldn't basically any of the characters we saw have been an avatar?

You guys need to learn to love waifus. Waifus made me enjoy Awakening very much. Maybe one day when they take out the marriage system you'll all be begging to IS on your hands and knees crying for them to add it again.

Doesn't anyone want the avatar system taken out, or is everybody fine with it? Feel free to share your opinion on why the avatar must be removed? A couple OP units are okay for gameplay.

Waifus are great, but I can also have them with a normal support system. Mia and Marcia FE 9/10 Waifus, for example. <3

People find ways to turn FE characters into waifus anyway, Awakening was just the first to let you do it in gameplay. Let's be honest here.

Plus, as much as we dislike these features, they're gonna come back because of how they were a big part of Awakening - y'know, the game that pretty much made Fire Emblem a mainstream Nintendo franchise in the West?

It's the same deal as the Persona series. There's a reason that 3 and 4 were big sellers in the West and why Atlus keeps churning out products with those two games as the centrepiece.

They mentioned that dialouge will be important this time around though, so I think we'll be seeing a self insert again. I kinda hope, that he has will be closer to mark than robin though (plot importance wise), and he'll be there just to progress some story segments (different route's like in sacred stones maybe?). And waifu's, just...no. I don't think I can bear the waifu wars and the gfaqs dramas again.

Yes and yes.

I very much liked Robin and player-inserts aren't bad so long as they aren't just bland and kind-of-there. I also very much liked the marriage thing and FE has done generational warfare before, so it's not like it would be a rehash of necessity.

>gamefaqs

well there's your problem right there

Honestly, I feel like if the writing was good, the MU would be a really interesting character in story. Then again, maybe the bad writing in Awakening was stylistic to avoid making the MU seem too Sue-ish...? Man, I dunno, but I really hope that they do that much correctly. Character customization is a great feature.

Yes and yes.

Technically speaking, couldn't basically any of the characters we saw have been an avatar?

True, I just figured they'd point it out. (though they didn't do this in Awakening's first jp trailer either, I remember peeps getting upset Jase wasn't his own character)

Edited by L95

The last thing I want is more waifus.

Given the track record for avatar-esque characters the past two games, IS has clearly proven they can't handle a coherent story and a self-insert at the same time. Kill it with fire

I honestly couldn't care either way. People will make waifus out of FE characters whether or not there's a marriage system anyway. I could take or leave having an avatar, it made no difference to me. That said, I imagine that it's likely that both will be features due to the popularity of Awakening.

Actually it’s really amusing that sites like gfaqs were arguably the worst about waifus (in terms of drama, obsession, etc) back when FE7 first came to the west. But I suppose that was before tumblr exploded in popularity and such?

>gamefaqs

well there's your problem right there

Honestly, I feel like if the writing was good, the MU would be a really interesting character in story. Then again, maybe the bad writing in Awakening was stylistic to avoid making the MU seem too Sue-ish...? Man, I dunno, but I really hope that they do that much correctly. Character customization is a great feature.

LOL touche.

Honsetly, character customization is great. Just not in fire emblem. Maybe if he/she was not picked up from the fields and instantly trusted with the life of your lords sister (the princess) I wouldn't

be so hesitant. MU in 12 was fine because he came with a katarina, until he/she kinda took half of marth's glory.

Mark was okay, I wouldn't mind something like that, except customized...wow, I actually have nothing even remotely cynical to say about this guy, I should probably get some sleep.

I'd prefer they don't have an avatar. I don't care much about waifus.

It could be interesting if you could choose the gender of the lord and have different dialogue and supports because of it, sort of like P3P.

I liked the Avatar system a lot, if only because it at least gave me a little more immersion to pretend this one particular character is supposed to be me, in a sense. Even FE7's Mark I enjoyed occasionally being acknowledged for guiding the troops to victory by Eliwood/Hector/Lyn. I also enjoyed having the waifus but I would only like to see them come back if they found a way that the unity wouldn't be absolutely gamebreaking. Of course, the same could be said of the Avatar, in that I only want to have an avatar that would be just as likely to die as any of my other units on the field.

FE:A had the focus on marriage because of the second gen you could (pro)create. If FE14 wanted kids again, it would have to either do time travel again, or a time skip part 2 again.

Then again, they could bring back marriage but just not have kids. Just an extra support bonus or ending. And hey, Japan lives dating sims! And doujins

I love character creation. FE7 was my favorite for a while cause the characters acknowledged that I was the one that led them to victory. Then I was sad when I learned it was the only FE game to do that until FE12, but that never came out here. It's really why I liked FE13 so much, creating my own Tactician that could go into battle too.