The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Paperblade did his first run on lunatic.

He quit lunatic+ on chapter 2.

Hm... From what I read, Paperblade is... notorious well-known for being an expert FE player?

Well... That sounds very hard...

B-b-but... I've never quit any of my playthroughs... ever.

If I started, I finished.

We'll see if Lunatic+ breaks me. +_+

(Or I can beat it and take the "One of the Best Fire Emblem Players in the World" award... after suffering from a nervous break-down or something. :P)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used paralogue to level her up a bit then I made her a wyvern rider and had her paired up with Kellam. Then I made her a wyvern lord and she killed things.

My stronger manaketes were more or less Nah and Morgan. I had saved most of my stat modifiers and used them to give what boosts I needed to help them do what they needed to do.

Also Tonics are your friend.

She still shouldn't have the Spd or the Str needed to be killing things at a sufficiently high rate to be considered "op". I have Panne as a Griffon Rider (currently 42+2 Str at the beginning of Chapter 20) in my playthrough, and she almost never gets to OHKO even with Str comparable to that of Nowi (Nowi's Str growth rates are 65% and 75% as Manakete and Wyvern, respectively, while Panne's growth rates in Str are 75% and 70% as Wyvern and Griffon, respectively); however, Panne at least has a 75% chance to gain a Spd point upon level up as a Griffon Rider, allowing her to ORKO a decent number of things. Meanwhile, Nowi only has 50% and 45% Spd growth rates in the Manakete and Wyvern classes, respectively, certainly not enough to put her in reach of many ORKO opportunities, with or without Str and Spd Tonics.

My chrome was level 5 when I beat lunatic.

>.>"

Given that the majority of your statboosters went to Nah and Morgan, how did you wind up beating Grima with a Lvl 5 Chrom? Even waiting until Lvl 20 to promote him from Lord, a Lvl 20/5 Chrom isn't going to have the Str needed to take down Grima on Lunatic without statboosters. If Chrom used a Second Seal to switch out of Great Lord, then I can't see how Morgan and Nah would have gotten the chance to gain enough experience to be worth fielding.

Edited by Redwall

For what it's worth I managed to beat Ch. 1 even though the Hammer Fighter had Hawkeye, which apparently some people think is impossible?

But Ch. 2 wasn't fun at all and I felt like I was going to be restarting until certain enemies didn't have Luna+ which was total crap

For what it's worth I managed to beat Ch. 1 even though the Hammer Fighter had Hawkeye, which apparently some people think is impossible?

But Ch. 2 wasn't fun at all and I felt like I was going to be restarting until certain enemies didn't have Luna+ which was total crap

But restarting is half the fun...

You're reeeeeally good.

No, really, I'm serious.

That sounds hard.

Wait, what? I don't remember having Luna+ trouble on that chapter, at least not as a major issue.

The maps get way less obnoxious after Ch2 because you actually have a preparation screen, anyway, even though that's when the skills that actually matter start showing up.

Given that the majority of your statboosters went to Nah and Morgan, how did you wind up beating Grima with a Lvl 5 Chrom? Even waiting until Lvl 20 to promote him from Lord, a Lvl 20/5 Chrom isn't going to have the Str needed to take down Grima on Lunatic without statboosters. If Chrom used a Second Seal to switch out of Great Lord, then I can't see how Morgan and Nah would have gotten the chance to gain enough experience to be worth fielding.

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant.

My chrome was level 5.

Not 20/5

Not 10/5

Level 5 lord.

My nowi for the most part did end up not being the best. She was amazing for a bit though but was eventually benched and basically became a pair up person.

As for Grima he was killed on Enemy phase 3. Avatar lived with 1 hp after I beat him.

Wait, what? I don't remember having Luna+ trouble on that chapter, at least not as a major issue.

The maps get way less obnoxious after Ch2 because you actually have a preparation screen, anyway, even though that's when the skills that actually matter start showing up.

It's annoying when Frederick randomly takes an extra quarter of his HP in damage from half the map because IS decided to make the skills random instead of actually playtesting the mode

Despite grinding at the end to have some fun... I think it counts?

Lunatic Casual on my Japanese copy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OAGuMlLe0

I'm doing a Classic Lunatic run side by side for both regions.

Though I got stuck on Chapter 2 as well on Lunatic+ on my Japanese copy.

Edited by shadowofchaos

no one wants to hear you assmunches that brag about how you beat Lunatic mode just fine and how it wasn't that hard

I found chapters 2-3 to be the hardest so far, but then again I started buying brave weapons and killing edges from Eliwood's SpotPass team the moment it became possible.

Why I felt Chapters 2-3 were the hardest? Your units are still weak because you haven't had any time to level them up via story chapters/paralogues or DLC, (skirmishes are basically impossible on Lunatic mode) meaning Frederick and maybe the Avatar or Chrom will be the only units that can't be killed in one round.

BTW I find Thracia 776 easier than Lunatic mode.

I found this to be more or less the most accurate summary of things thus far

I've restarted maybe a 100 times now and I'm only up to chapter 9, and often times beating chapters involves me finding that puzzle-esque assortment of moves on the 1st few turns that just barely keeps me alive, and then taking on the next wave. Grinding is bleh because SpotPass nets you nothing experience-wise and is super hard, I have no money, skirmishes are impossible past the first one (like the boss has a rating of 180 something and my strongest unit has a rating of 80 something... uhhhh), and abusing DLC is boring and bland. Granted I also didn't try to super-abuse Frederick like some people, it'd have probably been easier if I let him do everything :| and maybe if I got a ton of renown and grinded on DLC and other stuff too

But um yeah I'm sure I'll be able to beat this eventually, I'm slowly getting better at the game/getting used to not being able to use savestates or a rewind button or memory hacking (man I've been spoiled by emulation for so long)

As for Lunatic+

If pros can't beat it

then a nub like me has no chance

it took me like 30 tries to beat chapter 2 originally, I have a feeling that amount would increase tenfold or else it would simply take an undefined # of tries because it's impossible

EDIT: Lunatic Classic ATM btw

and grinding your ass don't count nigga

Edited by Burning Gravity

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant.

My chrome was level 5.

Not 20/5

Not 10/5

Level 5 lord.

My nowi for the most part did end up not being the best. She was amazing for a bit though but was eventually benched and basically became a pair up person.

As for Grima he was killed on Enemy phase 3. Avatar lived with 1 hp after I beat him.

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant, either.

This is why I mentioned Chrom: Grima's Dragonskin ability makes it difficult to do that much damage to him with weapons that do not deal effective damage against him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dragonstone and Dragonstone+ do not deal effective damage against Gimle, right? If that is the case, I am at a loss for how you managed to drain Gimle of 99 HP without using effective weapons like the Falchions, especially given Gimle's Physic-using allies.

Oh, you have to shift around your actions so that Frederick isn't doing everything? What horror.

"hurrdurr I make strawman arguments because that makes the mode not retarded"

"please ignore that Luna+ Barbarians OHKO everyone that isn't Vaike, Fred, or +HP MU, because that will destroy my argument"

Edited by Paperblade

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I restarted more times on my first time on Lunatic Ch2 than on my first time on Lunatic+ Ch2 just from how much better I got at the game throughout my first Lunatic run. Same goes for the rest of the game through Ch9, which is as far as I played in Lunatic+, although it doesn't count quite as much for the later chapters since I was actually playing sidequests on Lunatic+.

Not quite sure why I stopped, but I plan on cutting through it pretty soon on the American version, once I unlock it again.

and grinding your ass don't count nigga

Yes, because I can't have fun with my copy of the game just because I would bring shame to famiry for not being legit on the final chapter because Vincent wanted those Lunatic+ skill icons.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm restarting my Lunatic+ Classic run later. Need to do another Normal, Casual run and make a MU that is +Luck, -STR and give her armsthrift, astra, lifetaker, Renewal, and Galeforce. Then comes the challenge of getting to CH4.

(also I realized that I didn't re-beat the game after capping renown on my Normal Casual file)

Edited by someonewhodied

Well, first of all, long time, no see, guys! Good to see Paperblade and Othin are doing well. :D

Count me in for the Lunatic club. As masochistic as I am, I'm doing a Lunatic efficiency run my first time through. I got blocked by Ch. 2 for a while, got delayed by graduate school interviews, and just now beat Ch. 3.

So far, my turn counts are (mostly typing this because I know I'll start forgetting them):

Prologue - 5

Ch. 1 - 4 (IIRC)

Ch. 2 - 6

Ch. 3 - 4 (ORKO'd the boss w/ a 21x2 silver lance assault >:D)

Unfortunately, I have like 1 use of silver lance left, although I just got Luna on Freddy. I've been partially successful on getting levels on everybody else, but it's hella hard in the early chapters. Not getting Hammer or Heal in Ch.3 may come back to bite me in the ass, though.

Wish me luck, and I hope you all are enjoying Lunatic as much as I am! happy.gif

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Hey, people, do you think Lunatic is an okay difficulty to start on?

I don't want to stress over the game on my first playthrough. But I want to unlock Lunatic+ as soon as possible.

Don't know which to do... (I know I'm certainly capable of beating it in Lunatic, I'm just not sure if I want to that quickly...)

I don't want to stress over the game on my first playthrough. But I want to unlock Lunatic+ as soon as possible.

Don't know which to do... (I know I'm certainly capable of beating it in Lunatic, I'm just not sure if I want to that quickly...)

No way.

You... don't have the Hammer? Why? You're going to want that later. And the Silver Lance, for that matter.

I don't recall seeing many armored units between Chapters 5 and 11, inclusive, so I don't think it's too big a deal to miss out on that. The armor knights in Chapter 4 are pretty easy to deal with using Iron weapons with Frederick. The freebie Hammer in Chapter 12 ought to be enough to last a while. Not having many Silver Lance uses can also be worked around. I'd be more worried about the low amount of experience received by Chrom than by the loss of these weapons. Getting Chrom enough experience to fight Grima in a LTC run of FE 13 seems much more difficult than, say, getting Marth enough experience to fight Medeus in a LTC run of FE 12.

Yes, it's not unreasonable to start on Lunatic (disclaimer: I haven't yet finished it, and am on Chapter 20). I personally might have had more fun first going through the game on Hard, just to get the pairings I like, but that's just me.

Edited by Redwall

The freebie Hammer in Chapter 12 ought to be enough to last a while.

It really, really isn't.

Gotta think long term. Specifically, Chapter 20. You need all the Hammers you can get there.