Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please torture me once more and call me garbage.

Umm... This looks like it's turning into 50 Shades of something I don't want to see...

• 1 month later...

Just dropping in to let you all know that the Ragefest IV deadline is July 20th. No more, no less! If you need an extension, ask for one, but take note that it only applies to people who started work on their submission AFTER I made my initial announcement video.

I hate to be that guy who asks for an extension at the last second, but can I get an extension until the 22nd? I began work on my entry in late June, but was gone and unable to do any modding stuff for the first two weeks of July, and since this weekend is busy already I do not have faith in my ability to finish it within the next ten hours.

If you'd rather not hand out extensions at the last moment, I'll just not sweat it and give my submission to you for a Ragefest gaiden later or something.

Submit it any way you please. So long as it gets to me.

... And uh... Alright, I wanna say stuff.

I've been getting a lot of messages lately asking for the week long extension. Everyone's always so apologetic and stuff, but in truth, I'm happy to give people the extension. The fact that so many people are working on a submission in the first place is great because I've been relatively unaware of how many people are entering the contest this time. And lemme tell ya, with the number of messages I've been getting, I can confirm that there are A LOT of people who are working on something.

So, knowing that, I want to thank every one for your support, not just people who are making submissions, but for those who watch them, spread the word, and leave those delicious little comments that make my day all the more noteworthy. You've all done a fantastic job at setting this Ragefest up to be the best one yet.

The only thing I regret is that I feel like I didn't try hard enough to support it myself. I posted it on reddit and attempted to popularize the #FERagefest hashtag on twitter, but I think if I posted Ragefest on more forums, including ones that aren't strictly FE related, things would get even bigger. It's gonna be annoying, but when Ragefest V is announced, I'm gonna try harder to make this big.

On a side note... God damn, I still don't have a Ragefest banner. >_<

I've attempted to get two people for the job. Tres Iques was one of them. She's a very talented touhou artist, but she never seemed to get back to me on doing the art. The other was Alex Suarez, who had to get some surgery done and it restricted him from working on the art for health reasons. If any of you are up to the task, I'm willing to commission you for it, as well as give you a shoutout for your work.

For those of you interested, here's the description for what I want the banner to look like. I'll need it in 1280x720 for video thumbnails and usage for post-production clips. I might also want versions suitable for Facebook and Youtube, but I'm hesitant on that front since I think I should have something more general for those in particular. Lastly, a version that I can have in my signature would be nice, but it's the lowest priority of the three.

Let's see... The way I envision the banner looking...

I'm sitting in a computer chair, hunched over slightly, playing a Fire Emblem ROM hack on the computer and getting really angry because it's super hard to the point of hilariousness (Ragefest is about making stupidly hard Fire Emblem ROM hacks). Reisen is standing to my right, looking at the computer screen and laughing at how mad I'm getting cause it's just a stupid video game and I'm taking it so seriously.

The computer screen's back is facing the camera and you can see mine and Reisen's face. Envision the angle of the shot being something like this: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/f/f2/Hd_computer_guy_meme_by_zapgod16-d4t2jh3.png/revision/latest?cb=20130322044600

So. Let's see... what else.

I suppose this is splitting hairs, espectially since I think your touhou character drawings aren't necessarily as manly as people say, but I guess just keep in mind that I'd like Reisen to look fairly feminine. Also, make her hair go down to her ankles like it does in most of the canon games (I'm super picky about this because I love Reisen's hair >.>). I'd prefer her outfit from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody instead of the classic black blazer outfit.

As for what I look like, or rather, my avatar. Well, I'll toss a couple shitty drawings your way and see what magic you can make out of it.

This here is a game boy advance graphic I drew for myself. It's formatted to function properly in the game, so that's why all those mouths and eyes and whatnot are all over the bottom and right sides of the image. Just ignore those: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35795576/Images/Marc.png

And here's another image for reference: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35795576/Images/Markyjoe%20Portrait.png

And here's the old Ragefest IV banner: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35795576/Images/Super%20Ragefest%20IV.png

For extra credit, you could maybe show us a glimpse of what is being seen in the computer screen, perhaps in like one of those burst bubbles or something. If you watch my Ragefest videos, you might get some ideas, but if you don't wanna bother with that, then...

...I suggest taking this character: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/c/c5/Sophia.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080617163028

And making her look really manly and saying something like "We're surrounded, Marc. You screwed up again!"

For reference, it's inspired by this particular entry in Ragefest III:

skip to about... 2:38

Um... I think that's everything. Color it in and shade it too if you can.