[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

No you can't revert anything as long as the firmware is *above 9.3 and buying a brand new 3ds DOES NOT guarantee an exploitable firmware installed.

Most cfws have region free so it doesn't matter what region the 3ds is *in.

So, is there any way to get a 3DS that would be compatible with this patch? Any way at all?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm not sure. I used Title Manager to uninstall BFZJ, then reinstalled the new patched .cia. My DLC is still there -- I can select the third path. I didn't even need to reinstall it, and those of the old save files which were in the SD card slots are also still there.

The DLC works fine with the .3ds patched but not with the .cia. I have no idea why though.

[EDIT] It's working now, for some reason. Reinstalling it, seemed to do the trick. Thanks for all your help.

Edited by XxSharpshooterxX

The DLC works fine with the .3ds patched but not with the .cia. I have no idea why though.

Hmmm... Wierd :\

Will check it later, normally it should work.

Just delete the "Banner.bin" inside of the Patch/exe-folder try it again

Oh one more question, is using spotpass and online stuff okay? or will it brick the 3ds or something?

Hahaha, don't sorry! You CAN use online stuff and spotpass without problems.

But be careful, never go online with public headers (.3ds files).

CIA files doesn't have this Problem. They use your 3ds AS private header.

I'm playing online as well without problems

Hahaha, don't sorry! You CAN use online stuff and spotpass without problems.

But be careful, never go online with public headers (.3ds files).

CIA files doesn't have this Problem. They use your 3ds AS private header.

I'm playing online as well without problems

Okay, that's a relief, thank you so much! ^_^

On the 7th Chapter Hoshido you have missed a line that needs to be translated. Its just before Aqua speaks saying Hey... Ezekial which was said by Sakura after saying she will go help her brothers who have been captured.

Thanks! Someone will go fix it.

Wait so... Why the new thread?

DJPlayer isn't a part of the group. Cellenseres started this thread.

On the 7th Chapter Hoshido you have missed a line that needs to be translated. Its just before Aqua speaks saying Hey... Ezekial which was said by Sakura after saying she will go help her brothers who have been captured.

Got it! Thank you :)

So, I've been asking around and I think I know what I need for this to work. I just want someone to confirm that this is, indeed, what I need to do. 1: Get a japanese 3DS (not a New 3DS.) and format the system back to the factory version. 2: get a japanese copy of Fire Emblem Fates, Conquest or Bloodties doesn't matter. 3: format an SD card. 4: Download rxTools on to said SD card. 5: Insert SD card to the jappanese 3DS and install rxTools. 6: Look up on youtube "how to dump a 3DS game useing rxTools" and do it. 7:Insert the SD card into my pc once more to download the translation patch onto it. 8: insert the SD card back into the 3DS. 9: Run the game and... Profit. Was that correct? Please let me know if I got something wrong. I REALLY want to plan this out before I start spending money the requirements.

Yes, also make sure your SD card is a good size (8GB+), and that the firmware you're getting is 9.2 or below. The original 3DS and 3DS XL/LLs have ceased in production in favor of the N3DS, so as far as I'm aware, brand-new 3DS and 3DS XLs/LLs--that is, still new and in the box--are guaranteed to be 9.2 or below. If you're having trouble finding a used one for cheaper, that may be something to look into.

Dumping the game is rather straightforward. I'll make a note to add it to the rxTools guide!

Yes, also make sure your SD card is a good size (8GB+), and that the firmware you're getting is 9.2 or below. The original 3DS and 3DS XL/LLs have ceased in production in favor of the N3DS, so as far as I'm aware, brand-new 3DS and 3DS XLs/LLs--that is, still new and in the box--are guaranteed to be 9.2 or below. If you're having trouble finding a used one for cheaper, that may be something to look into.

Dumping the game is rather straightforward. I'll make a note to add it to the rxTools guide!

Thank you all for your help! I've just bought this 3DS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281752109782?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT, a gateway card, and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. I wish you all the best. :D

Thank you all for your help! I've just bought this 3DS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281752109782?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT, a gateway card, and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. I wish you all the best. :D

I'm glad I could! Here's how you can dump the game with the Gateway Launcher, by the way: http://pastebin.com/z1pLqiup :)

Edited by Ranaline

Hello! just want to say thank you very much for your hard work, I really appreciate it!

also, i'm here to say that i've spotted some points in chapter 6 where dialogue cuts off when i've sided with hoshido as FeMui (not sure if dialogue changes depending on gender, will check for that as well.) I'll post pictures shortly to show where this happens.

[spoiler=Dialogue cutoffs]post-17699-0-61990000-1437857951_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-93745900-1437857954_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-52283200-1437857957_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-23534200-1437857960_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-19895000-1437857963_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-99691800-1437857965_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-37756200-1437857968_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-89700400-1437857973_thumb.jpegpost-17699-0-29372200-1437857976_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DragonSalvo

I just had a thought. What will you guys do for the cinematic cutscenes? As far as I know, they are only voice acted. Will you add subtitles, or just leave them as is? Just wondering.

Hello! just want to say thank you very much for your hard work, I really appreciate it!

also, i'm here to say that i've spotted some points in chapter 6 where dialogue cuts off when i've sided with hoshido as FeMui (not sure if dialogue changes depending on gender, will check for that as well.) I'll post pictures shortly to show where this happens.

[spoiler=Dialogue cutoffs]attachicon.gifdc1.jpegattachicon.gifdc2.jpegattachicon.gifdc3.jpegattachicon.gifdc4.jpegattachicon.gifdc5.jpegattachicon.gifdc6.jpegattachicon.gifdc7.jpegattachicon.gifdc8.jpegattachicon.gifdc9.jpeg

Thanks for the information :) We'll fix it as fast as we can!

I just had a thought. What will you guys do for the cinematic cutscenes? As far as I know, they are only voice acted. Will you add subtitles, or just leave them as is? Just wondering.

right now, there's no way to add subtitles to the Cinematic Cutscenes.

I guess we need to modify the script-files (.cmb) inside of the "rom:/scripts/" path. There's no way to do that yet :/

Thanks for the information :) We'll fix it as fast as we can!

right now, there's no way to add subtitles to the Cinematic Cutscenes.

I guess we need to modify the script-files (.cmb) inside of the "rom:/scripts/" path. There's no way to do that yet :/

So as of right now, the cutscenes are in full Japanese? That's fine, you guys are already doing so much work, it's insane! I'm sure i'll be able to figure out whats going on. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for this patch! Just out of curiosity when (approximately) will you be releasing your next patch? And what sort of things will be in it? (not trying to rush you or anything, I was just wondering) :)

I can't give a very close estimate, but from what I know, it should take about 2-3 weeks for us to finish Hoshido and Nohr. If the other translator isn't busy, in the same amount of time we can do all three paths.

What will definitely be in the next patch: All of Nohr and Hoshido

What could be in the next patch: All of Invisible Kingdom, child paralogues, some, if not all supports

What would take a lot of work and probably won't be in the next patch: DLC (if we can't I'll upload my translations onto Pastebin)

So as of right now, the cutscenes are in full Japanese? That's fine, you guys are already doing so much work, it's insane! I'm sure i'll be able to figure out whats going on. Keep up the good work!

Yup, they are. We'll try to see if we can add subtitles. If not, we'll upload a translation onto Pastebin or something.

Edited by luyairis