Fire Emblem: The Grand Archipelago ~ V1.1 now available

Avril Lavigne

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

So in the instructions section of the chapter, it tells you that the bosses will tell you hints. When you fight them, they will tell you the hint. The hints are pretty obvious (hopefully), or at least I tried to make them that way.

I know that chapter is long, but I designed it that way because (SPOILER) you won't see those characters for a while after that one.

I watched some people play it, and indeed, it is a pretty difficult chapter. I don't think I'll make the multiple uses for one key thing, I'm sorry! Unless this chapter becomes a major issue, I can't change that right now haha. I will make sure I note your feedback, however. So don't think what you said is insignificant! I may change something on that chapter but right now I have other points to focus on.

Thanks so much for playing though and really appreciate the feedback.

Hay avril, thanx for the reply, yea ch 1 was kinda hard at the beginning, but i finally figured which cell goes for which char and beat it finally! yay!

glad my feedback is helpful to you in some way or another, even if it is a small way helpful ;)

if you want i can post feedback for each ch as i play the game along up until the current patch's end if you want.

here are some ch pics taken from my PSP in GPSP EMU (GBA).

[spoiler= Ch 1 (spoiler) ']Fire Emblem Grand Archipelago v1.0.1_2016_05_25_15_32_18_369.bmp

[spoiler=Ch 2 (spoiler) (not yet finished] Fire Emblem Grand Archipelago v1.0.1_2016_05_25_15_42_31_267.bmp

Edited by IkeBoyDude

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking this out today since I don't have school, and this seems really nice. I'll tell you my thoughts as I play it.

Prologue Thoughts:

So far, I've beaten the prologue. It's a really nice rom hack. I can't really complain about anything in it, and I haven't seen any bugs. That's a good sign. However, I personally feel like you used to many different units, especially for a prologue chapter. Aside from that, keep up the good work.

Gonna go ahead and post the recording I did to YouTube...

Edited by Allister Williams

Checking this out today since I don't have school, and this seems really nice. I'll tell you my thoughts as I play it.

Prologue Thoughts:

So far, I've beaten the prologue. It's a really nice rom hack. I can't really complain about anything in it, and I haven't seen any bugs. That's a good sign. However, I personally feel like you used to many different units, especially for a prologue chapter. Aside from that, keep up the good work.

Gonna go ahead and post the recording I did to YouTube...

Wow that was really fun to watch actually. Pretty hilarious! But that Bloodlines call-out was.... ouch. I gotta say Bloodlines has way more original content than mine, and has some sick wizardry that I couldn't imagine was possible. Love that hack to death.

Also, I used a lot of units on the first few chapters for a reason. I originally just had Renault and Neimi alone, but something made sense (for my story) to have more characters be used and trained in chapters (so basically, you'll find out that it makes sense to use more characters per chapter).

Also really appreciate the compliments and such! Really looking forward to watching more!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Wow that was really fun to watch actually. Pretty hilarious! But that Bloodlines call-out was.... ouch. I gotta say Bloodlines has way more original content than mine, and has some sick wizardry that I couldn't imagine was possible. Love that hack to death.

Also, I used a lot of units on the first few chapters for a reason. I originally just had Renault and Neimi alone, but something made sense (for my story) to have more characters be used and trained in chapters (so basically, you'll find out that it makes sense to use more characters per chapter).

Also really appreciate the compliments and such! Really looking forward to watching more!

​I know, I'm ruthless

​I can understand why you would use multiple units, considering the chapters are bigger. However, it just feels like There are going to be units underused, even though the player intends to use them.

Btw, Next Episode comes out Tuesday lmao

um, i played the game for a few days now, I'm passed ch 6,

where exactly does the v1.01 patch end? at ch 6?

cuase I'm at ch 9, and the game still continues?

maybe it's outside the patch and runs the normal FE VII game stuff, but with the charters mix of the hack v1.0.1?

Edited by IkeBoyDude

maybe it's outside the patch and runs the normal FE VII game stuff, but with the charters mix of the hack v1.0.1?

Whenever you begin to run into vanilla chapters, it's safe to assume that you've completed the game up to the patch...

The game ends on chapter 5. I just didn't block the usage of the original chapters of the game so you can probably still play the original chapters after that one. It just goes back to the normal FE7 story.

URGENT! Help very much needed!

I have quite a few portraits that I need to replace until I make progress to the story. I have made only a few acceptable portraits that will become the new characters.

Whoever has good portrait creating/splicing skills, I would really like it if you contributed! Let me know in any way possible if you are interested, and I will figure out a way to get us all connected and communicating.

I am just so busy now with my full-time job. I also usually organize events for my friends, travel, etc.,etc. I just really want to be able to return to the main story and start making more chapters. But I would much rather do so when the portraits I need replacing are replaced.

PLEASE MESSAGE ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING. THANK YOU!

Alright, so I've decided maybe that I might just keep the FE7/FE8 portraits. I posted in the original topic as to why (busy schedule and such), and also because I am not very skilled like some people and can rapidly create nice ones.

I have reached out to some communities for help, but have not received much responses. I was really hoping to get some help!! I am creating my new chapters right now, so if you want to help, LET ME KNOW SOON! The time is limited before I turn down offers decide not to replace the existing ones.

I am hoping regardless of the FE7/FE8 portraits being there, I'm still thinking there will be new characters added. So if replacing does not happen, adding will.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Why would you start turning down offers?

I haven't. That's not what I meant. Thank you for correcting me. I just meant that I'm going to continue my story with the characters there are now if I don't receive any offers for help soon. I do plan on adding characters to the story, but I just don't plan on replacing all of them (well, not really anymore). If, say I am 8 chapters in, and I have already used the original characters' names, I'm not going to feel as inclined to replace them. Because then I'll have to go back and readjust every character for the story, throughout the story.

Hopefully that makes sense. Really not liking the delay on my project right now. I hope people are not too disappointed with the fact that there aren't new mugs. I'm really trying to make up for it with hopefully an enjoyable playthrough and story!

New characters may come later though.

(Am still looking for offers though!)

Why can't you use the mugs you're using now as placeholders? I think it's safe to assume that the more you release, the more likely people are going to want to help (look at Requiem). Worst comes to worst, just use the open-source mugs.

Why can't you use the mugs you're using now as placeholders? I think it's safe to assume that the more you release, the more likely people are going to want to help (look at Requiem). Worst comes to worst, just use the open-source mugs.

Sounds like a good idea!

Just use placeholders for now, and be patient until people offer to help you out.

Yeah, perhaps I'm being impatient. Might re-update my title. Frick I'm being stupid lately. Haha thanks.

Get a room already, geez.

Also, no world map screens? Sad day.

Weeeelllll I just thought seeing as it is presented to you literally right after you start a new game, I found it okay to leave out of the screenshots section. We'll see how I feel about displaying it later.

and I could get a room but i'd rather have everyone watch. tee hee

• 2 weeks later...

I loved playing through this hack. Final two episodes coming out Tomorrow and Thursday. Sorry it took a little while to complete, had personal things going on. Anyways, I finished this on Saturday, and I've previously edited both episodes, so I'm guaranteeing that both will be posted xD

Anyways, this has to take the prize for one of my favorite Rom Hacks of Fire Emblem. I'm personally rating this 10/10