Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

Asking if a game gets harder isn't "bitching." It's an entirely respectable, scholarly question to ask. The three of you, ask yourselves if you're not just butthurt that I'm better at this game than you are. Cuz the passive-aggressive sarcastic remarks and needless defensiveness hints at you seeing something in my post that I never said, and it's making you jealous.

FE8 Gheb

I would play it except that I would be indirectly supporting the creator's terrible sense of humor.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you admit that the challenge level doesn't increase? OK, well at least you managed to answer my question. What's a different hack that isn't so kid-mode easy?

Of course, and I never asked that anything be changed, so your suggestion that I not do so is entirely senseless. Stop being so defensive. All I'm doing is asking some questions about the hack.

Answer to question 1:

Play FE5 English Patch. Or this one. If you can show video proof of both games with no restarts (shouldn't be a problem for you, oh lord of gaming), then I will gladly back off.

EDIT: Dude, just hit start.

Answer to question 2:

We of SF have an in-built defense mechanism against cocky assholes. I apologize if you have accidentally tripped our sensors. Bend down and stay as still as you can for the next 30 seconds and we might be able to turn it off.

Edited by Kamui Gakupo

The three of you, ask yourselves if you're not just butthurt that I'm better at this game than you are. Cuz the passive-aggressive sarcastic remarks and needless defensiveness hints at you seeing something in my post that I never said, and it's making you jealous.

Because I've totally played this hack already.

Totally.

Asking if a game gets harder isn't "bitching." It's an entirely respectable, scholarly question to ask. The three of you, ask yourselves if you're not just butthurt that I'm better at this game than you are. Cuz the passive-aggressive sarcastic remarks and needless defensiveness hints at you seeing something in my post that I never said, and it's making you jealous.

Maybe you're right.

Probably not.

Still, maybe you'd get a less hostile response if you didn't come into a topic, being new to the forum and all, and complain about the difficulty on a baseless assumption that you are the only good FE player?

I dunno. Might just be me thinking this.

I would play it except that I would be indirectly supporting the creator's terrible sense of humor.

You could very well be a better gamer than I am but that is hardly why I called you a pompous jerk.

I did because you are one and for no reason to be.

This is a nice place filled with nice users and it is unsettling when someone comes in on their high horse spitting in everyone's face.

But, I waste my breath no longer. It is wrong for me to aid in taking over Mage Knight's thread due to this person.

My apologizes, Mage Knight. :)

Edited by Ecut

Well, I kinda agree with Viceroy, the game is indeed easy (at least, for me), but I still enjoyed it. And of course, some people don't like easy games, that's okay. You should've just changed the words you used, if you did just that, none of this would've happened.

That's all, I won't continue this... thing.

• 1 month later...

Hey, MageKnight! I love this hack; don't stop working on it! I'm a new member, and I've just started playing it recently, but I actually remember watching one of your Youtube videos for "A Sacred Dawn"; that's what first piqued my interest. Anyway, just one minor problem I noticed is Laura's promotion. I really liked her battle sprite as the Priestess class (honestly, it's my favorite so far of your custom battle sprites). But I couldn't help thinking it funny when she promoted into a brown-haired male bishop! I know it's a minor issue, and I know you've got your hands full, but it may be something to amend on the updated version (and if anyone has already pointed this out, I apologize). Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I refuse Levail as enemy only. ;__;

Aren't there any codes that place him in the players party?

Anyway, Great Hack, Really like the dawn brigade, as most here have said, KIU!

*Hopes this isn't an old topic*

• 2 months later...

Hi MK404,

I want to start of by saying that I simply LOVE your hack(s). I love your sprite styles, both battle and otherwise, and have a real good time playing your hacks.

This being said, I was wondering if you were still working on this particular hack? It's been a while since i've seen an update; I know you're under a lot of pressure, but I would just love to know if you plan on working on this some more. Incidentally, Im realling enjoying ASD so far, and appreciate your acknowledgement that you needed to 'step up your game' and revamp with events etc.

Anyways, enough praise aha. Keep it up man!

He's still working on it. He's just taking a break.

I'm gonna kill him if he doesn't finish this. That repointing for the instrument patch, fixing Aircalibur, and making new sound effects (using the FE10 ones) I did for him wasn't at all easy. And I basically found those out because I was messing around with it specifically for this ROM hack.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 3 months later...

Well ehm, i've been playing it.

Its well made. i got scared out of the tower :O

But if you go with Julie @ chapter 11 i gotta kill monsters with all stat boosted.

so ehm XD

For starters, the old patch was to stop at Ch. 8.

Secondly, this version of ASD is obsolete with the advent of this.

Thirdly, this topic's been dead for months.