Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

Yeah... was about to make a screenshot and everything.

Thanks again!

Edit: Input File Invalid...

Edit2:I'm supposed to apply the ups patch to the patched rom, but it's not working out...

No you're supposed to apply it to a clean rom.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, using the shody patch, and I'm still encountering ubermonks. This one is on chapter 12. It seems I have to beat this chapter in 20 turns to be able to go to 12x, but this guy right here is completely ****ing me from doing so (Him, the two longbow users and the two monks with sleep staffs).

Also, I know you said you'd make the luna driver not indestructible, but the result is that it's now 0/50, I'm afraid to use since it might break.

P.S: Haven't seen a thread on /v/ for the longest time, you actually made me make an account here just so that I could whine a bit about this.

post-3688-076207300 1312146054_thumb.png

Edited by Shelf

Hey man, using the shody patch, and I'm still encountering ubermonks. This one is on chapter 12. It seems I have to beat this chapter in 20 turns to be able to go to 12x, but this guy right here is completely ****ing me from doing so (Him, the two longbow users and the two monks with sleep staffs).

Also, I know you said you'd make the luna driver not indestructible, but the result is that it's now 0/50, I'm afraid to use since it might break.

P.S: Haven't seen a thread on /v/ for the longest time, you actually made me make an account here just so that I could whine a bit about this.

Yeah that's pretty much a result of the game swapping them from infinite to numbered, set the uses at 0. I honestly don't know how I can fix that (and other former Infinite Use weapons) other than to tell you to use a cheat to set their uses at 50, then turn the cheat off. As for the Bishop, I'll go see what's up, however the Long Bow and Sleep Staff users will all be left alone. Don't worry, other Former infinite weapons will come at 50 uses.

Okay, patched that up along with the Level 15 Warrior and the 14x Pirates with Sea Swords

Edited by Onmi

I actually don't mind the Sleep staffs and Longbows, in fact, I like that crazy range. I don't think I ever had to use a restore staff before, and I have my own longbow to deal with the theirs.

Now, the ubermonk on chapter 12 is still there, dunno what's up with that, and the luna drive is back to being indestructible; not sure if that's what you meant to do. Can't tell about the changes on chapter 14 since I haven't been able to make it there.

I actually don't mind the Sleep staffs and Longbows, in fact, I like that crazy range. I don't think I ever had to use a restore staff before, and I have my own longbow to deal with the theirs.

Now, the ubermonk on chapter 12 is still there, dunno what's up with that, and the luna drive is back to being indestructible; not sure if that's what you meant to do. Can't tell about the changes on chapter 14 since I haven't been able to make it there.

Okay I THINK I may have selected the wrong 'Modified' rom to create the Shoddy Patch with.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hdltb4os2s1ddb5 please let this work

Sup, me again.

This time a couple of small observations.

First, the pirates are still carrying sea swords, not sure if you said you already fixed that or not.

Second, not sure if this one's your fault or not, but the dialog for Lance and Lot's C and A support seems to be the same one or I just had the biggest case of deja vù ever. There's also a couple of typos here and there on other supports but, nothing serious.

Oh, using Lilina's spellbook while it was at 0 uses did break it, kinda sad to see it go, but eh, at least it's not a real divine weapon. Guess I won't be using that Durandal any time soon though.

Keep up the good work, this has been a blast. (Chapter 14 is a pain with so many monks with so many silence/sleep staffs, and the Dragon Lords out of freaking nowhere didn't help either, but I managed)

Sup, me again.

This time a couple of small observations.

First, the pirates are still carrying sea swords, not sure if you said you already fixed that or not.

Second, not sure if this one's your fault or not, but the dialog for Lance and Lot's C and A support seems to be the same one or I just had the biggest case of deja vù ever. There's also a couple of typos here and there on other supports but, nothing serious.

Oh, using Lilina's spellbook while it was at 0 uses did break it, kinda sad to see it go, but eh, at least it's not a real divine weapon. Guess I won't be using that Durandal any time soon though.

Keep up the good work, this has been a blast. (Chapter 14 is a pain with so many monks with so many silence/sleep staffs, and the Dragon Lords out of freaking nowhere didn't help either, but I managed)

I SWORE I fixed those Pirates.

That's definitly not me as I haven't monkeyed around with supports except for speed

Like I said just fix it with a cheat

I haven't been able to update because Work/Uni/Work/Uni and all that

I didn't pay much attention to Wolt and Dorothy.

Result: Restarted the entire thing, because Lilina got wtfpwned by that goddamn archer in her little cell. In the original, you'd just move her to somewhere the archer couldn't reach (there was one spot).

Unfortunately, 3-range arrows sort of worked against me there.

You could get a Longboy and a Physic staff on the chapter before...

and uh... move her away so the other archer doesn't attack her, the one guarding her cell can't one shot her, so I would heal her every turn and lose the only Physic staff for like 20 chapters.

This was before I realized that Longbows were obscene.

Edit: Well, I've beat the game.

-On Wolt and Dorothy, their bases are so abysmal. Unuseable. Luckily, Sue and Shin are much luckier, and grew to be excellent units. Wolt starts with like 4 might. What the fuck is that?

-Joyeuse is obscenely good. Super light, extremely high might, triple effectiveness against the oodles and oodles of dracoknights you face... And you get two? And Guinevere can use them two? Amazing.

-I was hype for Exaccus, but... It's super heavy, it doesn't get effectiveness against dragons, and there's no bonuses. Can't there be like a +10 Con +5 Str or something?

-Gale is a beast, but not as much as an even slightly grown Zeiss... But he does have his niche with his 20 Resist. Thumbs up. If possible, it'd be great to get him from like turn 3 or 4 like Miledy. The dialogue you put in is fine, all around excellent retcon. He just needs to come sooner to be more useful. The text associated with him joining could also use some editing.

-On Chapter 23... it's still obnoxious, but I guess that's the nature of the endgame. It's not that the characters you get are weaker, it's that the enemies are stronger, especially with Lances and Axes having different constitution costs. It means they go ahead and one shot Fir and Guinevere more often. cool

-I'm so sick of the Longbows the enemy snipers have. There's only so many Sleep/Berserk rods. It's like Bolting and Purge, except... they hit. And they're deadly.

-Ray's stats got skipped over, possibly?

-Niime is... a god. So is Yodel. There's like, no point to this, for real, since Saul and Lilina are so good.

-Guinevere is so godlike. Swords, Rods, Light, and Anima? She's super deadly. Save for the 1000000000000000000 Dracoknights, she could probably solo the entire game with Aircalibur.

-Durandal is way too good, along with Malte. It's the range thing.

-Why are Zeiss's bases so good? He's... so... good...

-Excessive amounts of sleep and berserk, and there's few Restore rods to be had until the end.

-Big bug: So I finally got Chad to level 20 and made him a Rogue (couldn't figure out how to make him an Assassin) and... literally, every enemy he killed would be a level up most of the time.

-The same bug also occurs with Saul during both his Monk and Bishop phases. Levels megafast.

-I managed to Salvage Wendy! \o/

-By the end, Roy was a beast... And that's fine. Beats being absolutely pathetic.

-Longbows have more range than Ballistae, lolol

-Getting Douglas is a fucking bitch, especially because Axes aren't super duper bad anymore, but that's not your fault at all.

-Geese's stats got skipped over... his Strength as a level 1 Berserker: 16. : ((((

-There's still little point to using any weapons besides the Killer ones, and with no Monster Map, good luck seeing like, Wendy or Alan use a Killer Axe or something.

-Fir and Karel's supports need editing, just some lines out of order, Karel saying stuff Fir would say.

-Dieck is the only one who can actually utilize Durandal. It's too heavy for anyone else.

-Dieck is also still a must have unit since he can use more powerful weapons without being doubled.

-I know how you said "sick and tired of 10000 Fighters and Bandits" but... it's just become Mercenaries now. Mercenary bukkake for like 20 chapters, then it's Dragon Knight bukkake.

-The change regarding the Promotion items on the Gaiden chapter bosses... good change. Very good change.

-Roy promotes on the Elimine Gaiden chapter (16x?) instead of 16 if you get the Gaiden chapter. Might be an issue for some if you decided to grind Roy up.

-Is Hugh supposed to be hostile..? Whatever, I just killed him after robbing his Members Card, Lilina and Guinevere carry megahard.

-If you're going to make Fir more useable early on, think you could make her Strength cap more than 22? Even Sue has more than that. Pretty bad by the end. :(

That's all I can think of now. I went Sacae route, I'll go the Ilia route if you release another version. Those extra maps would be cool too...

Now I feel like playing Fire Emblem 8. Just, so much work making sure I didn't run out of useable units by Chapter 21 (almost did)... Must have Monster Map! Must make Lalum use Dark magic!

Edited by Hotashi

You could get a Longboy and a Physic staff on the chapter before...

and uh... move her away so the other archer doesn't attack her, the one guarding her cell can't one shot her, so I would heal her every turn and lose the only Physic staff for like 20 chapters.

This was before I realized that Longbows were obscene.

Edit: Well, I've beat the game.

-On Wolt and Dorothy, their bases are so abysmal. Unuseable. Luckily, Sue and Shin are much luckier, and grew to be excellent units. Wolt starts with like 4 might. What the fuck is that?

-Joyeuse is obscenely good. Super light, extremely high might, triple effectiveness against the oodles and oodles of dracoknights you face... And you get two? And Guinevere can use them two? Amazing.

-I was hype for Exaccus, but... It's super heavy, it doesn't get effectiveness against dragons, and there's no bonuses. Can't there be like a +10 Con +5 Str or something?

-Gale is a beast, but not as much as an even slightly grown Zeiss... But he does have his niche with his 20 Resist. Thumbs up. If possible, it'd be great to get him from like turn 3 or 4 like Miledy. The dialogue you put in is fine, all around excellent retcon. He just needs to come sooner to be more useful. The text associated with him joining could also use some editing.

-On Chapter 23... it's still obnoxious, but I guess that's the nature of the endgame. It's not that the characters you get are weaker, it's that the enemies are stronger, especially with Lances and Axes having different constitution costs. It means they go ahead and one shot Fir and Guinevere more often. cool

-I'm so sick of the Longbows the enemy snipers have. There's only so many Sleep/Berserk rods. It's like Bolting and Purge, except... they hit. And they're deadly.

-Ray's stats got skipped over, possibly?

-Niime is... a god. So is Yodel. There's like, no point to this, for real, since Saul and Lilina are so good.

-Guinevere is so godlike. Swords, Rods, Light, and Anima? She's super deadly. Save for the 1000000000000000000 Dracoknights, she could probably solo the entire game with Aircalibur.

-Durandal is way too good, along with Malte. It's the range thing.

-Why are Zeiss's bases so good? He's... so... good...

-Excessive amounts of sleep and berserk, and there's few Restore rods to be had until the end.

-Big bug: So I finally got Chad to level 20 and made him a Rogue (couldn't figure out how to make him an Assassin) and... literally, every enemy he killed would be a level up most of the time.

-The same bug also occurs with Saul during both his Monk and Bishop phases. Levels megafast.

-I managed to Salvage Wendy! \o/

-By the end, Roy was a beast... And that's fine. Beats being absolutely pathetic.

-Longbows have more range than Ballistae, lolol

-Getting Douglas is a fucking bitch, especially because Axes aren't super duper bad anymore, but that's not your fault at all.

-Geese's stats got skipped over... his Strength as a level 1 Berserker: 16. : ((((

-There's still little point to using any weapons besides the Killer ones, and with no Monster Map, good luck seeing like, Wendy or Alan use a Killer Axe or something.

-Fir and Karel's supports need editing, just some lines out of order, Karel saying stuff Fir would say.

-Dieck is the only one who can actually utilize Durandal. It's too heavy for anyone else.

-Dieck is also still a must have unit since he can use more powerful weapons without being doubled.

-I know how you said "sick and tired of 10000 Fighters and Bandits" but... it's just become Mercenaries now. Mercenary bukkake for like 20 chapters, then it's Dragon Knight bukkake.

-The change regarding the Promotion items on the Gaiden chapter bosses... good change. Very good change.

-Roy promotes on the Elimine Gaiden chapter (16x?) instead of 16 if you get the Gaiden chapter. Might be an issue for some if you decided to grind Roy up.

-Is Hugh supposed to be hostile..? Whatever, I just killed him after robbing his Members Card, Lilina and Guinevere carry megahard.

-If you're going to make Fir more useable early on, think you could make her Strength cap more than 22? Even Sue has more than that. Pretty bad by the end. :(

That's all I can think of now. I went Sacae route, I'll go the Ilia route if you release another version. Those extra maps would be cool too...

Now I feel like playing Fire Emblem 8. Just, so much work making sure I didn't run out of useable units by Chapter 21 (almost did)... Must have Monster Map! Must make Lalum use Dark magic!

I oriignally had an answer to each question then Firefox crashed and I don't wanna type it all out again.

~All Balance Stuff: thank you for your opinions they will all be addressed in 3.0

~All Bugs, again thank you for pointing them out, I don't think we'll be running into them again in 3.0.

Now as for the stuff that came after what I lost

~The Fir/Karel problem is in the original, I'll fix it when making 3.0

~Yeah that's what happens when I give it it's FE7 weight... I'm seriously considering giving it a +5 con boost (since Roland was supposed to be a really small guy who apparently used it with ease) to help offset the weight

~Actually I didn't make any changes to units, that was a planned change that I had yet to implement. Definitly going to spread the classes out as much as I can in 3.0 though so your always facing a nice variety of enemies (keeping the main force thematic though, Bishop Oro employing Monks, Priests, Sisters etc. along side his other forces)

~Thank you, I intended for ALL bosses to have a stealable gift (because you can't make a drop event in FE6) but 3.0 wont have that problem.

~Yeah, Roy's promotion time is 16/x as I've said for a while now. It's mostly because the FE6 story events that lead to chapter 17 don't play until after the Gaiden/you never go to the Gaiden. And that's the thematic time for Roy's promotion (I'm actually going to script up his promotion in 3.0 with a coronation and everything, just got to learn a few things)

~Yeah that's normal you're supposed to talk to him with Roy!

~Yeah I'll be changing caps around.

Now why am I so sure 3.0 wont be the buggy failure that this is? because I'm swapping to FEXP, and it's around a million times easier to use. It's not fully functional yet but it's being updated by Klok. For now I'm writing up the Read Me/Design Document, while I wait for things like 'Preperation Screen' and 'Save normally' to work. I mean I assume I'll still run into bugs in 3.0 (I am if nothing else good at breaking stuff) but they wont be the same kinda "Oh no looks like this got overwritten because you didn't repoint the data" Kinda bugs that drive me insane (like the Fa bug, I STILL don't know what caused the Fa bug)

I didn't pay much attention to Wolt and Dorothy.

Result: Restarted the entire thing, because Lilina got wtfpwned by that goddamn archer in her little cell. In the original, you'd just move her to somewhere the archer couldn't reach (there was one spot).

Unfortunately, 3-range arrows sort of worked against me there.

Wait no I've specificly set all the Archers around her to have Shortbows which are 2-2. She should be perfectly able to survive. If this isn't the case, please provide a screen cap so I can see what ELSE has decided to screw me over.

I really think that Gwen & Lilina should have the same class. I think that Lilina should be able to use the Durandal; after all, she is the one who allows us to get it. She's pretty much the only person with Roland's blood, so it makes sense canonically. IDK, that's just my thoughts. To make Gwen/ Lilina different, you could have Gwen be able to use light and Lilina use Anima.

I'd personally have Roy promote into Eliwood's final promotion, just so that he gets a sprite change. Plus, this allows for the use of Lances. You could easily have Gwen/Lilina promote to Erikia's promoted class, so that they have matching move with Eliwood.

Edited by Bryan

Bloodline seemingly has nothing to do with the use of the Divine Weapons. Hector uses Armads and likely isn't related to Durbans. Eliwood used Durandal, but that doesn't mean that he's a descendant of Roland (all FE7 states is that Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn are "children of Roland," the context of which could simply mean that they are nobles in the country that Roland founded). Besides, in FE6, the Divine Weapons are usable by anyone, so it seems like there isn't a bloodline requirement to begin with. Plus, with Lilina's frail stature, it's not like she could use Durandal effectively anyway. She'd be better off using Anima. Plus, even if it made sense to give it to Lilina, the hacker would need to implement a Str/Mag split to use both types of weapons.

I really think that Gwen & Lilina should have the same class. I think that Lilina should be able to use the Durandal; after all, she is the one who allows us to get it. She's pretty much the only person with Roland's blood, so it makes sense canonically. IDK, that's just my thoughts. To make Gwen/ Lilina different, you could have Gwen be able to use light and Lilina use Anima.

I'd personally have Roy promote into Eliwood's final promotion, just so that he gets a sprite change. Plus, this allows for the use of Lances. You could easily have Gwen/Lilina promote to Erikia's promoted class, so that they have matching move with Eliwood.

No. Roy wont be promoting to Knight Lord because Eliwood will be joining the army AS a Knight Lord. Gwen and Lilina wont have the same class because why would they? it only makes them look exactly the same. Lilina using Melee weapons would require me to create a custom sword animation for her, I have no visual artistic talent what so ever. Besides if anything I would have her promote to a Magic AXE user. None of the maps are so large that you need to be using horses just yet. Lilina allowing you to get the sword is her just telling you the location. Finally plotwise Roy was the master of physical combat, Lilina was no good at it and learned magic, which in turn Roy was no good at. And before you suggest me giving Lilina Lyns class and animations, that wont work either because Lyn will be showing up in the Sacae/Ilia route in 3.0, not to mention that the reaso I use Eirika's BETA sprite for Guinevere is because she actually does resemble her in a way.

Sorry if that came off as sort of harsh or condescending, I didn't mean it like that.

Sup, me again.

Couple of comments.

First, I got a weird bug when doing the level C support between Chad and Ellen, as shown on the first attachment. Dnno if it has anything to do with the patch or not. Gladly it was nothing that couldn't be resolved with restarting the game.

Second, on 16x, dear god am I being shut down hard. Those 2 snipers with longbows just destroy my guys, and the boss with the berserk staff finishes the job quite nicely, the hundreds of guys with bolting and silence stffs are just the icing of the cake.

About the last boss, there's something really wrong when a generic mook half his level has almost double his stats all around.

Well, other than that, keep up the good work.

post-3688-007019300 1312611187_thumb.png

post-3688-047672100 1312611507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shelf

Sup, me again.

Couple of comments.

First, I got a weird bug when doing the level C support between Chad and Ellen, as shown on the first attachment. Dnno if it has anything to do with the patch or not. Gladly it was nothing that couldn't be resolved with restarting the game.

Second, on 16x, dear god am I being shut down hard. Those 2 snipers with longbows just destroy my guys, and the boss with the berserk staff finishes the job quite nicely, the hundreds of guys with bolting and silence stffs are just the icing of the cake.

About the last boss, there's something really wrong when a generic mook half his level has almost double his stats all around.

Well, other than that, keep up the good work.

No idea what caused the bug since I've never supported Chad and Ellen before. But I never edited the script around their support so I don't know what could have happened.

16x Really is a pain and should definitly have been revised.

I'm actually not sure how that happened, He really SHOULDN'T be that strong.

---

Weapon Story Time.

Clarent - Clarent in Arthurian lore is the Sword in the Stone that King Arthur pulled to prove himself as king, it was also used for Knighting and ceremonies, but was eventually stolen by Mordred and used to kill Arthur, becoming the 'Traitor Blade' The Clarent of the game is Eckesachs' little brother sword, and contains the same Dragon Slaying properties the divine weapons have. Zephiel had it made for Guinevere when he first became king so she would be able to defend herself like he had to growing up. (The swords origin will be further explored in Guinevere's supports)

Note that I didn't pick the names Clarent and Joyeuse for random reasons, they were both chosen for what they represent. I'll get into Joyeuse's history with my next post, and the third post will be the 'Game Design Document' which is pretty darn long.

sorry for the lack of work on the more visual side of things, Uni + work doesn't leave me with free time anymore (Ontop of waiting for my new computer to start some REAL work in FEXP) but I'll dedicate Thursdays to be 'Patch Update' day where I try to fix all the bugs I can/balance it out. Or at the very least giving a nice batch of information

Edited by Onmi

Ok, finally beat chapter 16x.

After seeing Roy's promotion, the game froze. It went dark and stayed that way no matter what I did. That other guy was ale to finish the game just fine, so I dunno exactly what's going on.

Also, I think Joyuse might be broken, as in I one shotted the boss with only one attack when I was only going to deal like 1/3 of his health bar. Dunno if it was a crit, but I didn't have a different animation and it didn'tmake the classic *CRACK* sound of one either.

Ok, finally beat chapter 16x.

After seeing Roy's promotion, the game froze. It went dark and stayed that way no matter what I did. That other guy was ale to finish the game just fine, so I dunno exactly what's going on.

Also, I think Joyuse might be broken, as in I one shotted the boss with only one attack when I was only going to deal like 1/3 of his health bar. Dunno if it was a crit, but I didn't have a different animation and it didn'tmake the classic *CRACK* sound of one either.

I don't know the cause of this, all my tests of Chapter 16x had the promotion work fine, and the Joyeuse never caused that bug for me. Can you give me a blow by blow account of the chapter?

Well, most of the chapter was me being mauled by arrows and status magic, so I decided after many tries to take it super slow and let them waste their weapons, then I'll slap them with mine. I used Roy, Lilina, Chad and Ellen, Dieck, Lance, Lot, Thany, Rutger and Clarine.

I sent Clarine, Lance, Lot and Thany (I love the delphy shield) alone through the east route, using them as bait for the boltings and berserks/ mute staffs. Once those were spent, I moved them closer to the snipers and tried to take them with Lot and a bow, but I couldn't since my bow broke before their ranged healing saffs did. I moved on through the east and got to the upper bishop with that ranged holy magic. During this whole time I was feeding kills to Thany so that she could beat Sue on levels so I'd go with the Pegasus Knight's route, since Sue was easily my best unit and way ahead of everybody else. I actually managed to put Thany ahead of Sue in levels too, just barely, with Thany at lvl9 promoted and Sue at lvl 8.

After reaching the easter sniper and shoving my axe on his face, the rest of their units started moving, so I had to move everybody that was back in the start of the stage. I tried to feed those units to Roy, since he was still level 19, but sadly Dieck made honor to his name and took most with counters. I moved the upper units to ake the second sniper, and by then the map was pretty much clear. I gave Roy a holy water for resistance, weakened the boss a bit with Thany, then sent him in for the kill. Sadly it wasn't going to be enough (Dealing like 11 or so with a ranged attack from Joyuese, he had a bit over 20; I wasn't going to double attack either) but to my surprise he died anyway, giving Roy his level 20.

Only thing I can think of is that Roy had a full inventory and I was asked to send something to Merlinus when I got the sacred book thing.

Edited by Shelf