FEE3 2014

Arch

It has nothing to do with what I'd said in the videos and more that I chose to delete my channel for personal reasons. I'd rather not have my old videos reuploaded for people to start coming along and asking me "man trent when are you coming back to YouTube" (this has happened multiple times already).

I have no problem being in videos with other people (as some of you may have seen mk404s midnight sun videos) but I really would prefer my old content remain gone. Mk404 did FEE3 last year and while the old ones may be gone, his was still very good and I doubt he'll be taking his channel down anytime soon.

If you can respect leaving the videos down for my personal sake, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I can't exactly stop you, and I doubt my feelings will stop anyone like Klok.

That's all I got. I'm not going to discuss why I took my channel down if anyone asks. Do what you will.

Edit: I thought it over and rereading klok's post, if it's him doing the uploading and taking care of old fee3 stuff, it would bother me less.

I would not prefer it, but I feel this would cause the least drama and arguing over videos, ownership, community things, and what not.

Edited by I have opinions

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: I thought it over and rereading klok's post, if it's him doing the uploading and taking care of old fee3 stuff, it would bother me less.

I would not prefer it, but I feel this would cause the least drama and arguing over videos, ownership, community things, and what not.

I just wanted to make an all-new FEE3 channel, for the sake of archiving history. Not because "hey Trent's in this vid" but more because "hey this is totally a piece of our community's history and this was sort of a totally big deal when we first did it". I'm not asking to upload your other older vids or anything of yours that's solely your own, just the FEE3 stuff.

I can also squash comments about "hey is seph cumin back lol??" if they bug you. Hey man, I get bugged coooonstantly about Manriklass, I know that feel. Sometimes you just wanna move on. I just don't like the idea of losing one of the most important events in the fandom's history, forever.

Edited by Klok

Project Name: The Second to Last Promise

Base Engine: FE7

Creator: Blazer and Co.

Submitting: Demo

I would have gone with The Penultimate Promise. Alliteration makes everything better. :P

So...yeah we definitely should have just a single channel just for FEE3 every year. It's nice having the community do it and all and take turns but if you just have the main people planning it all have access to the account that would be great. Because like Klok said, it is part of the community's history..and the first FEE3...was so full of greatness. But we still need to find the second one without bothering Trent... :/

Also...Second to Last Promise...seems legit

Edited by Ziose0

I supported having a brand new channel when the first FEE3 was being worked on. Everyone was like "no this'll only be a one-time thing and it won't get any views" but if we had started with its own channel back then, we wouldn't be having these issues now. The fact that so many people didn't even know the reasons for the first two FEE3's vanishing off the internet shows that there's a lot of confusion around the event.

So I say we finally start a dedicated FEE3 channel for releases every year. Additionally, major updates to projects featured in past FEE3's can be uploaded there as well during the regular course of the year. Shall we call it a Fire Emblem Fangame Direct? (Lol FEFD)

I do think that Mageknight should also host the videos on his own channel and be like the "first access" guy, so people see it and get interested, and then when it inevitably gets buried after months of other uploads, the "Official" FEE3 channel stays a permanent backup devoted solely to the event itself. Additionally, should something happen to the videos on MK's channel, we'll always have backups.

I'm also thinking of working out a dedicated FEE3 "hub" site, where we create booths for games. Working on infrastructure for it right now, but essentially it'll be a video at the top, screenshots down below, list of creators and credits on the side, and it will look very polished. I will also try and make the listings for each project on the side randomize in order, so as not to put projects at top and bottom based on alphabetization or date they were uploaded or some other thing, so that everyone has an equal chance of being viewed.

Yeah... I'm really confused as to why there wasn't a dedicated channel for this in the first place. :/ (if you're so worried about views, which I find kinda ridiculous, upload it to more than one and keep the official channel as an archive)

Edited by L95

it was mostly due to views, as trent's larger sub base meant more views and more people that aren't in the community could get a view of the rom hacking communities' projects.

if it was just uploaded to a dedicated channel, it would just be viewed by people who were linked the video, rather than showing up in their sub box.

the youtuber hosting could make a video telling viewers to watch on the fee3 channel, but people probably wouldn't make the effort.

I do think that Mageknight should also host the videos on his own channel and be like the "first access" guy, so people see it and get interested, and then when it inevitably gets buried after months of other uploads, the "Official" FEE3 channel stays a permanent backup devoted solely to the event itself. Additionally, should something happen to the videos on MK's channel, we'll always have backups.

I'm also thinking of working out a dedicated FEE3 "hub" site, where we create booths for games. Working on infrastructure for it right now, but essentially it'll be a video at the top, screenshots down below, list of creators and credits on the side, and it will look very polished. I will also try and make the listings for each project on the side randomize in order, so as not to put projects at top and bottom based on alphabetization or date they were uploaded or some other thing, so that everyone has an equal chance of being viewed.

Having a sort of teaser/trailer for the event that anyone/everyone can/should post to advertise, and having a link to FEE3's main channel in the description of said video is also an option. You could orient the video towards attention grabbing/rather than exposition, too, which might even increase viewers who were on the edge.

As far as this site goes, it'd just be a more streamlined/exposition only version of this forum, basically? Less discussion, maximum pretty pictures?

As far as this site goes, it'd just be a more streamlined/exposition only version of this forum, basically? Less discussion, maximum pretty pictures?

Yeah, it's just a hub with relevant data and links, and it would link back to the main topic for each project. I'll post a link once we finish the mockups.

http://feuniverse.us/t/project-fire-shell/168

I'm gonna be entering this in lieu of my "FEXNA SHenanigans."

Project Name: Project Fire Shell

Creator: Me and anybody who wants to help

Submitting: Video demonstrating progress and explaining stuff.

And also I finally updated the project list.

Edited by Arch

Okay, I THINK I can make it in time for the one chapter demo with a preview to the next chapter.

But I can't make promise yet.

I'll just place myself in for now.

Project Name: Fire Emblem: Nemesis
Creator: Fateborn
Submitting: One-Chapter demo with preview.

Edit: That's a disappointing fail with bolding right there.

Edited by Fateborn

Is the signup deadline 8/1 as well? I've been thinking of putting something together if I can get off my ass and write a storyline instead of just attempting to futz around with code

Edited by Lori_Winters

Also, now is the part where I reveal the new FEE3 hub site!
http://tanasmanor.net/fee3/

Please note a few things.

1. We have five functional booths currently: FE7x, Elibian Nights, FE6+, Trinity of Heaven, Maiden Quest.
2. We are working on a submission page where you will be able to submit your booths directly to the site, year after year.
3. We are also working on an "edit" or "submit changes" button, where anyone marked as a Lead Developer or Main Contributor can submit changes to an existing booth.

Now, should you wish to submit your projects for FEE3 2014, or even a previous year's FEE3 project, you can do so! Please PM me the following information:

[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Title Image:[/b]

[b]Lead Developers:[/b]
[b]Main Contributors:[/b]
[b]Engine Type:[/b] (FE5, 6, 7, 8 Mod, FEXP, or FEXNA, as an example. You can also do websites and other things of that sort.)

[b]Description:[/b]
(Please include a 2-3 paragraph description outlining your submission's story. An additional paragraph at the end stating future goals and current progress is also recommended.)

[b]Years featured at FEE3:[/b] (2011, 2012, 2013, etc)
[b]Release Date:[/b] (Original release of a project only. If it is not released or not planned for a release, please state "Unreleased.")
[b]Relevant Links:[/b] (Things like a project topic or a mainsite go here.)

[b]Screenshots:[/b]
(Please include a zip file with screenshots, preferably in png format, snapped from within VBA or your engine of choise at the best possible clarity.)

[b]Video(s):[/b]
(Include any relevant videos, or a single playlist if you have more than two videos. You can set youtube playlists on your youtube account.)

Here's an example of a submission in the proper format.

Title: Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword (FE7x)

Title Image: http://tanasmanor.net/fee3/projects/fe7x/logo.png

Lead Developers: BwdYeti
Main Contributors: Myke, The Merc, Vamp
Engine Type: FEXP (Previously), FEXNA

Description:
A prequel to Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword (FE7x) is a tale of bloodshed and futility, of young Lord Uther's campaign against a dangerous force and the treacheries of both friend and foe. Command dozens of unique characters in exciting battles across Elibe, with new classes, skills and features that allow for a higher level of tactical complexity than the games that inspired it.

The project is being developed with Microsoft XNA to simulate the official Game Boy Advance Fire Emblem series' gameplay, but additional features such as an elaborated class tree, a diverse skill system and an overworld map help set the game apart.

As of July 1st, 2014, work on the project is still currently in progress. Three trial maps have been completed, and at least five full chapters of the regular game have also been completed, with more on the way. The game's progress can be followed via the official site, linked below.

Years featured at FEE3: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Release Date: April 16th, 2009 (Ongoing)
Relevant Links:

http://bwdyeti.com/fe7x (Official Site)

http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=2 (Download links)

Screenshots:
www.somewebsite.net/uploads/fe7xscreenies.zip

Video(s):

Again, PM me this information if you want to get work done on your booth ahead of time.

Edited by Klok

I'd love to contribute to this, but my knowledge of hacks and who needs to be showcased are limited. Does anyone have any suggestions on hacks/demos I could showcase?

Tactics Universe no longer exists in a sense, probably best to either deny its existence or rename it to TLP... AFAIK you don't normally go calling games by their "tentative titles" once the final title has been decided, even if it references screenshots or whatever taken from the time the title was still tentative, do you? that is to say, even if it was called TU back then, it should still be put as TLP. It'll only confuse people anyway. *shrug*