Almost OC Mafia - Game Over

SB.

I honestly never thought Refa could be scum. . . gotta stop assuming people who neighborize me are town.

Sorry that I upset you, Shinori. Between this game and P3M, I've been on your case a lot :<

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refa's typically one of two flavours of scum: either he craps out on the game and dies quickly after, or he's impossible to read as scum and wins. I don't think I've seen him die as scum when he was actually trying, even in Badass when we lost.

Related: if I ever flip scum and Refa's in the game too as not-confirmed town, lynch him next since I've never rolled scum without being a Refabuddy.

Green Poet, this is for you.

THE GOOD: You handled yourself admirably in the face of Shinori's screaming. Shinori, do NOT insult the person behind the role PM, and take a good long moment to think of how you'd react if someone said those things to you.

THE BAD: Your day interactions are decent, but they seem to go out the window once night interactions come into play. Generally, mafia doesn't get extra kills unless it's something like FE6 mafia (and that is an extreme outlier), so IMO, Shinori would've been some sort of weird third party. If in doubt, shelve the night actions in your head, and see what you can get from the day phase interactions.

Oh, and Cam - nice activity when you were able, but instead of constantly asking "why is this scum?", argue your own logic as why you don't think it's scum.

Yeah, GP, I had no idea why you would think that Shinori wasn't cleared town... there was nothing that pointed towards a SK, and speaking generally, claiming a vigshot as SK isn't smart because then if there are multiple kills on another night, it's quite incriminating. Additionally, the argument that a JoaT can't exist in a game with a lot of vanillas doesn't make sense because the whole point of a JoaT is that even if you have a bunch of abilities, you can only use each once. In a game where the mafia actually gets lynched and the other PRs don't die in the first two days, a Doctor or Tracker can use their abilities more than 4 times.

This is a general rule of thumb I like to use when determining whether a claimed vig is an SK or not.

1) Your first thought should not be "this person claimed vig, they must be an SK fakeclaiming!" Vigs, especially 1-shot vigs, are common enough roles on SF. There's a difference between acknowledging the possibility that they could be an SK, and actually making a big deal out of it in the thread.

2) If on subsequent nights all shots are accounted for, there most likely isn't an SK. By "all shots are accounted for", I mean that there aren't any extra, unexplained kills occurring.

If less kills than expected occur over subsequent nights then consider how likely it is that the claimed vig ran out of shots, a shot got blocked by the doc, or if scum and SK/vig targeted the same person. A vig only having 1-shot isn't unusual. A doc can't have blocked a shot if they're dead or unlikely if the game seems to be made up of mostly vanillas. It's possible for scum+SK, scum+vig, or SK+vig to target the same person, but it'll depend on how likely you think the person was to be targeted.

WOW TO THINK REFA'S SCUMMY JUMP ON FFM WAS FROM ACTUAL SCUM DOE

I wish I pushed that case instead of GP

Tbf poly your reason for voting refa wasn't weak at all, if i was town i'd have pushed him too

like, just bcuz its rvs doesn't mean its a weak reason