FE3 (Mystery of the Emblem) Translation Patch

VincentASM

• 3 weeks later...

Im getting the same problem as most people here. The patches are succesful, but i start to play and the battle scene jacks up. Its sits there still playing the music looking like colorful crap. Neither patches work, its an SMC file, I'd be greatful if u could just post .SRM/ SMC file up here so we can just download it and play. It'd be so much easier. Im pretty sure we all'd love it.

Im getting the same problem as most people here. The patches are succesful, but i start to play and the battle scene jacks up. Its sits there still playing the music looking like colorful crap. Neither patches work, its an SMC file, I'd be greatful if u could just post .SRM/ SMC file up here so we can just download it and play. It'd be so much easier. Im pretty sure we all'd love it.

Not allowed.

Anyway, are these being tested on a PC emulator like SNES9x and not something like an emulator on DS, PSP or such?

Either you have a bad ROM, or you aren't attempting to emulate the game via your PC or Wii. On all of the handhelds, no SNES Fire Emblem game works well enough to play.

hmm. i havent tried it on my comp. and yes, theyre all fit t play on handhelds. I have Tharcia 776, Geanology of HW, all of em except PoR, Radiant Dawn, and the DS one because there are no emulators for those yet. could u point me to a plce to get a snes emulator? I could probbly put the save game i use if it works onto my iPod. ive done it before, via SSH

No, I havent tried it on PC, Im using it on iPod. Someone point me toward an emulator plz. My others work fine, except the nes ones. It scrambles, but its definetly playable. Yes, I IPS'd it with snes-tool. theyre only illegal if you dont own the game, btw. U must own both system and game, which I do. Thing is, my snes broke and I'd like to read it in english. Thats why Im doing this.

Edited by Sirius
Double posting

theyre only illegal if you dont own the game, btw. U must own both system and game, which I do. Thing is, my snes broke and I'd like to read it in english. Thats why Im doing this.

That's a common misconception. ROMs are only legal if you dump them from the cartridge yourself. Obtaining a ROM through any other means (such as downloading it from the internet) is illegal regardless of whether or not you own the game.

Not even da ipod? If someone could search how to edit it so i could emulate it on my ipod for snes4iphone. I need some help. I can play the unpatched one, even bloxors patch. This one doesnt work... For what reason, I dont know. Id really appreciate it.

This FE3 patch is probably trickier to emulate since it utilises some additional complicated coding, which the actual SNES should be able to handle, but some emulators might not, since they don't emulate the SNES close enough.

If all else fails, you might have to play with the battle animations switched off. I unfortunately had to suggest that to somebody who was trying to play it on their PSP.

Battle animations turned off is a great idea. Although... The battles again Meduith and maybe Garnehf would be cool...Oh well. U worked hard on this patch, Ill do it. :) K, Im gonna patch it again. Anybody know how to work a N64iPhone for 2g, 3.1.3 iPod? Im trying to get Ocarina of Time, the BEST zelda game evah. Can't. (T^T) oh well. Ill try later.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, just throwing this out there for anyone who needs help with the battle animaton boxes jerking uncontrollably - DON'T USE ZSNES. I did, and I got that. When I changed to Snes9x, all was well. Just tryin' to be helpful.

i got the same screen there too

Both links go to the same place in the end.

I don't know how to contact RPGuy96 to fix the problem, but I can upload the patch later (I don't have it on the PC I'm using).

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how to get this patch to work on a PSP? When I load it with SNES9XTYL, the game works fine for the most part, but as soon as any text boxes come up in the battle screens, it suddenly gets all glitchy. The same thing happens on a Dingoo A320.

Interestingly, this doesn't happen with an original Japanese rom.

Is this just sloppy coding, or is there a way to fix it?

Either you have a bad ROM, or you aren't attempting to emulate the game via your PC or Wii. On all of the handhelds, no SNES Fire Emblem game works well enough to play.

I guess my question's been answered. However, you're wrong. FE4 and FE5 work perfectly on PSP, and FE4 is just barely playable on DS, but not very well.

EDIT: Okay, this is creepin' me out. Last night, for no apparent reason, the game just started working. The battle text is still garbled, but the battle screen works--it doesn't crash. The last thing I did before it worked was turn off "render PAL as NTSC," but when I turned it back on, it still worked. I'm not complaining, but I'm really confused.

EDIT: I said "your" when I meant "you're," and it stayed that way for four months. BRB seppuku.

Edited by Flock of Geese