Clock Abuse Tutorial

Meteor

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clock abusing is so much easier than RNG abusing in this game...

But Dynamics screw this up....

from my experiences, dynamic growths only help. What screw up the RNG are critical hits and killing units with death quotes ie. important characters.

I finally got a hang for this stuff! =]

also for that 00:05 time. My Pala!Minerva gets spd at 20 spd. it might be due to dynamic growths but she's been getting spd for the past couple of levels. just thought i should say point that out.

I noticed that too. Except I know Dynamics don't have a role since I started Clock abusing when I started training her. So the 00:05 time has an RN of below 20.

I need a little help. I need a time with an HP RN less than 35, a skill less than 30, a luck less than 75 and defense less than 5...

The best I've found so far are:

12/25/2010 01:35

12/25/2010 01:41

12/25/2010 01:44

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it a lot.

I need a little help. I need a time with an HP RN less than 35, a skill less than 30, a luck less than 75 and defense less than 5...

The best I've found so far are:

12/25/2010 01:35

12/25/2010 01:41

12/25/2010 01:44

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it a lot.

What do each of the times yield?

What Character?

I bet its Maria.

RNG abuse the levels you need if you can't get them from Clock abusing.tongue.gif

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I'm not sure, but I suppose it could be worth a try.

Does the GameCube have an internal clock? I never bothered to check : o

Although it's probably redundant, since there's no competitive play in FE9/10, and especially in FE10 where BEXP lets most characters cap every stat.

Although it's probably redundant, since there's no competitive play in FE9/10, and especially in FE10 where BEXP lets most characters cap every stat.
Even without competitive play, stuff like this would be good for:

- Letting characters earn great level ups on non-BEXP level ups

- Low turn count runs

So this looks like it would be helpful, but I don't really understand it yet. I get the RGN and the reusing the times but I am confused about the actual numbers on the level up.

[HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res]

[40, 10, ?, 55, 20, 25, 5, 20] Cavalier Frey will get +6, needs somewhere around 72% Hit to work

[30, 35, 20, 50, 60, 35, 20, 15] Mage Frey will get +6

[20, ?, 10, 20, 25, ?, ?, 10]

This is what I am confused over. Could someone explain this to me?

So this looks like it would be helpful, but I don't really understand it yet. I get the RGN and the reusing the times but I am confused about the actual numbers on the level up.

[HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res]

[40, 10, ?, 55, 20, 25, 5, 20] Cavalier Frey will get +6, needs somewhere around 72% Hit to work

[30, 35, 20, 50, 60, 35, 20, 15] Mage Frey will get +6

[20, ?, 10, 20, 25, ?, ?, 10]

This is what I am confused over. Could someone explain this to me?

thats the lowest growth rate your character would need to gain each stats. For the first set, Frey get +6 stats but someone like Cain would get only +5 (minus skl) because his skl growth tops @ 50.

So...What I really want to know is the relationship between the times and the RNs. Since it's always the same RNs on the same time and different individual systems, this suggests that the numbers aren't random. The only thing I can think of is that it's a mathematical relationship. Any other ideas? Also, why is there no seconds section for the times?

So...What I really want to know is the relationship between the times and the RNs. Since it's always the same RNs on the same time and different individual systems, this suggests that the numbers aren't random. The only thing I can think of is that it's a mathematical relationship. Any other ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation#Computational_methods

The game uses the clock to seed its random number function, so resetting the time will give a repetitive seed, and produce consistent output.

Seconds aren't listed because the clock can only be set in minute increments.

Ah....I see. So it would be a bit difficult to go the other way and use the equation to find a perfect time then?

If I knew the function, I could write a script to find a time that produced extremely low RNs. If someone knows how to discover it... let me know.

Edited by Meteor