(FE7) SOYO (Screw Over Your Opponent) Draft 2

Geriba

First, fun copy/paste time.

[spoiler=Life Admirals rules quoted from fe 7 tourney 1]

Credit to i_eat_tables for the idea. Originated at GFAQs and was pretty much a hit.

Basically, five people will enter in a drafting pool. One by one (in predefined order), each participant in this pool will choose one character from the list of selectable characters. There will be 40 characters available in all, so each participant will be able to select a total of 8.

Once this is done, the real tournament starts. The objective is to complete Hector Hard Mode (no Lyn Mode beforehand) as fast as possible (in terms of total turns used) using ONLY your drafted team of characters and a choice few that are allowed for everyone. The other characters you may not use (not even to support your characters with) except for:

- Meatshielding (without weapons)

- Rescuing non-drafted characters (but NOT characters you have drafted; this is basically so you can protect frail characters)

- Holding weapons and items

- Recruiting other characters

Another exception is that Matthew (and only Matthew) is allowed to open chests and steal items even if you haven't drafted him. You can still draft him normally to be on your combat team.

If you, for some reason, fail to abide by these rules, then you have to incur a four turn penalty for every character you've used for a purpose other than one listed above per chapter. As in the previous drafting tournament, this is four turns regardless of the importance or frequency of the foul committed. Like Kent can solo a chapter (4+ turns) or can rescue Lyn once (4+ turns).

During your run, you are expected to keep track of your total turn count and report often on your progress in some detail. If you don't, it might be mistaken for inactivity and thus grounds for disqualification. You are also expected to play fair. If you cheat, shame on you!

Gaiden chapters are, of course, completely optional, but since they will probably cost you quite a few turns, they're generally avoided.

The first five people to sign up will enter a drafting pool. If there's enough interest, a second pool will be available for the next five to sign up. You may choose your own position in the pool (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5). If you have no preference, I will put you in whatever slot is left after five signups. The order of drafting will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, ... until all 40 characters have been drafted.

Characters allowed for everyone to use are Hector, Marcus, Merlinus and Athos.

Draft pool

Raven

Serra

Priscilla

Ninian

Oswin

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Guy

Erk

Eliwood

Florina

Pent

Lucius

Geitz

Legault

Fiora

Hawkeye

Heath

Lyn

Isadora

Jaffar

Karel

Dart

Vaida

Rebecca

Rath

Louise

Wil

Nino

Farina

Karla

Wallace

Renault

Since this tournamenHt concerns HHM, please consider carefully if you are up to the challenge! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me.

And yeah. Anyone wanna play?

[spoiler=Drafting rules]Only difference in rules is drafting

You draft a character for the person who will pick next unless you have the last pick of the round then you pick for the first person of the round

Example:

Player 1 selects Nino (great way to tick someone off right)

Player 2 Geitz

3 Karla

4 Renault

5 Wallace

End of round 1

The characters each person would have are

1 Wallace

2 Nino

3 Geitz

4 Karla

5 Renault

Round 2

5 Wil

4 Rebecca

Etc.

So after this round

1 Wallace

2 Nino

3 Geitz, Rebecca

4 Karla, Wil

5 Renault

Person 5 will still pick 2 units but they will go to 2 separate people

[spoiler=Draft pool]Draft pool

None left!

Some additional rules that were decided in the last topic:

-Marcus is acceptable... up to a point. I believe the agreed upon chapter before was after the defeat of Uhai, but I'm flexible about changing this.

-Everyone can use Matthew for thief and Ch.11 utility; only one can use him for combat.

I'll edit additional rules in if I've missed any. First come first serve!

EDIT: Remember that I'll be editing the draft pool, participants! Should make it easier to keep track of which units are left for the picking.

And by request, the pick order...

1. Xander ---> Karla, Nils, Rath, Farina, Eliwood, Erk, Hawkeye, Pent

2. Jaffar ----> Wallace, Louise, Bartre, Jaffar, Lyn, Vaida, Lucius, Fiora

3. General --> Geitz, Renault, Matthew, Legault, Serra, Priscilla, Sain, Isadora

4. eclipse --> Nino, Karel, Dorcas, Guy, Dart, Lowen, Ninian, Raven

5. Soul ----> Rebecca, Wil, Canas, Harken, Kent, Heath, Florina, Oswin

Here's who got who according to my RNG:

Xander -> Jaffar's Team

Jaffar -> Soul's Team

General -> Xander's Team

eclipse -> Horace's Team

Soul -> eclipse's Team

Edited by Jaffar7

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the list:

Jaffar7

Xander

eclipse

Horace

Soul

Next, we call positions. I'll be whichever one gets picked last, so you four go ahead and decide.

Edited by Jaffar7