How effective are the Amiibo units?

PK Gaming

How effective are Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina as units? The lack of personal skills is unfortunate, but they do come with their own personal weapons.

Edited by PK Gaming

Lucina seems to be the best of the lot his personal weapon lets her double pretty much anything alongside a nice +2 inherent speed mod, Falchions are supposed to be super effective against dragons, so it could be useful for pvp since everyone uses Kamui, and also Great Lord comes with pretty good skills, especially Awakening and Aether, they would be much better if you could reclass them mostly for skills, and next i am unsure if being a female amiibo is that good, the thing is it looks to have better skills, nice mods and a respectable prf weapon going for her, but because of being female she does not have acccess to any of the other amiibo classes.

Ike has one of the few 1-2 physical range swords in the game, and it packs good damage, it suffers from speed, but you still are able to use Katanas with him to patch it or reclass to Lodestar, and Ike is the only one that can have Aether and Ignis for skill stacking without wasting limited resources(since grandmaster is basically limitless), its main problem is still the speed since you would be forced to waste the Lodestar item so he can patch it( he could be a nice Lodestar).

Robin has the best overall prf weapon, the thing is aside from that his class is the least special since you can have limitless Grandmaster items, unlike Lucina it does not have godlike skills going for him or mods, and unlike Ike he needs more "resources" to obtain more skills.

Marth has usable mods, but even if his falchion is stronger it will double less times than Lucina, his skillset is nothing special, it has free access to Grandmaster like Ike tough, but wasting a Vanguard item seems more costly because of Aether, as gameplay I think it should be nice, but with capped stats it seems to be inferior to the other ones in its prf weapon, skillset or mods.

Depending of the Roy class they could become more useful since is another class to grab skills(tough not for Lucina).

Thoron

12 Mt, 70 Hit, 10 Crit, 1-2 Range 0 Avoid, Critical Evade +5, Resistance +3

It's Robin only, of course, bleh

I just need to finish Lucina's and I can compare and describe..maybe...

Update 1.01

So I finished them, after crunching a few numbers

Marth and Lucina are both fast (and kinda overly strong as well, what can you say). Lucina has slightly better resistance

Ike and Robin are both slow, and both have 1-2 range. Ike has defense, Robin has resistance, in a "attempt" to balance things out.

Realistically speaking Ike is more of a tank, Robin, not sure...

Marth and Lucina would probably reliably 1rko stuff for you then

When you look at their growths overall, Ike has "the best" overall growths, followed by Marth>Lucina>Robin. Robin's low speed and defense kind of hurt him, though he does have 45 Strength and 55 Magic growth...for what it's worth

Lucina's lower growths are "compensated" by her better resistance, more or less.

In general their growths are fairly balanced anyway..somewhat, Robin kind of gets the short end of the stick when you only count Str/Mag

Let me calculate their 20/20 Stats...

Marth and Lucina both cap Skl/Spd/Luck

They're both pretty similar, though I think Lucina has a slightly advantage

Marth has a 3 HP, 4 Skl, 6 Luck, 3 Def lead

Lucina has a 4 Str, 2 Spd, 7 Res lead

Ike probably isn't going to double except slow enemies (Generals<Great Knight<Dark Knight<Revenant Knight<Wyvern Lord, or roughly in that order), and even then he might not make it with Ragnell (With Ragnell he can only double 17 speed enemies)

His resistance is only 10, but I suppose his other stats are pretty nice

Robin's main problem is that he has only 21 Speed with 20 Defence, kind of like Orochi if you ask me

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Its also worth noting that out of all the amiibo characters, Marth is the only one with only one weapon type. However, because of that, he's also the only one with S rank swords. Robin being the only one who doesn't reach A rank Swords and caps at B.

At least,this is what I gathered from the main site, anyway

EDIT: From looking again, Ike and Lucina's secondary weapon types also cap at B rank

Edited by Noburu

How effective are Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina as units? The lack of personal skills is unfortunate, but they do come with their own personal weapons.

More room for another good skill. Though it bites that they cannot get Hoshido, or Nohr skills. As both of those skills are very good, if not the best in the entire game!

More room for another good skill. Though it bites that they cannot get Hoshido, or Nohr skills. As both of those skills are very good, if not the best in the entire game!

If I remember correctly from my Marth's skills, they do not get a skill in that slot. It just completely ignores the personal skill slot.

I'm not sure if that can happen if all 5 skills are already occupied but so far its impossible for my mar mar.

The personal skill slot is special and stays empty, so amiibo units and prisoners get five. Which is odd, since ememy Faceless often have Miracle or Pass in their personal skill slot.

I've found that Ike's personal weapon is handy, as 1-2 weapons that can double and crit is a huge deal in Fates, and Ragnell has higher Might than every 1-2 weapon other than Ginnungagap. I just wish I could take it off and give it to someone faster, as it's a great weapon.

Marth has the edge over Lucina because of his ability to access the other DLC classes. I just adore Speed Drain, too, ans Lucina's the only Amiibo who can't use it.

Robin has Rally Spectrum, so you can use him has a Rally bot and for chip, I guess.

Thoron

12 Mt, 70 Hit, 10 Crit, 1-2 Range 0 Avoid, Critical Evade +5, Resistance +3

It's Robin only, of course, bleh

I just need to finish Lucina's and I can compare and describe..maybe...

Update 1.01

So I finished them, after crunching a few numbers

Marth and Lucina are both fast (and kinda overly strong as well, what can you say). Lucina has slightly better resistance

Ike and Robin are both slow, and both have 1-2 range. Ike has defense, Robin has resistance, in a "attempt" to balance things out.

Realistically speaking Ike is more of a tank, Robin, not sure...

Marth and Lucina would probably reliably 1rko stuff for you then

When you look at their growths overall, Ike has "the best" overall growths, followed by Marth>Lucina>Robin. Robin's low speed and defense kind of hurt him, though he does have 45 Strength and 55 Magic growth...for what it's worth

Lucina's lower growths are "compensated" by her better resistance, more or less.

In general their growths are fairly balanced anyway..somewhat, Robin kind of gets the short end of the stick when you only count Str/Mag

Let me calculate their 20/20 Stats...

Marth and Lucina both cap Skl/Spd/Luck

They're both pretty similar, though I think Lucina has a slightly advantage

Marth has a 3 HP, 4 Skl, 6 Luck, 3 Def lead

Lucina has a 4 Str, 2 Spd, 7 Res lead

Ike probably isn't going to double except slow enemies (Generals<Great Knight<Dark Knight<Revenant Knight<Wyvern Lord, or roughly in that order), and even then he might not make it with Ragnell (With Ragnell he can only double 17 speed enemies)

His resistance is only 10, but I suppose his other stats are pretty nice

Robin's main problem is that he has only 21 Speed with 20 Defence, kind of like Orochi if you ask me

Do you know if the effect of Falchion's damage boost against dragons applies to Kamui even when not holding a dragonstone? it should but i just want to confirm.

If they could use that empty skill slot that would be too godlike(well just a little bit), sadly is not the case.

The personal skill slot is special and stays empty, so amiibo units and prisoners get five. Which is odd, since ememy Faceless often have Miracle or Pass in their personal skill slot.

I've found that Ike's personal weapon is handy, as 1-2 weapons that can double and crit is a huge deal in Fates, and Ragnell has higher Might than every 1-2 weapon other than Ginnungagap. I just wish I could take it off and give it to someone faster, as it's a great weapon.

Marth has the edge over Lucina because of his ability to access the other DLC classes. I just adore Speed Drain, too, ans Lucina's the only Amiibo who can't use it.

Robin has Rally Spectrum, so you can use him has a Rally bot and for chip, I guess.

Actually Speed Drain exists as an item, so in that sense they are equal, also Awakening is by itself is better than every skill that Marth has, and his Falchion altough slightly weaker lets her outspeed almost everything.

Actually Speed Drain exists as an item, so in that sense they are equal, also Awakening is by itself is better than every skill that Marth has, and his Falchion altough slightly weaker lets her outspeed almost everything.

I don't think the Speed Drain skill item has been made available, in spite of existing in the game data.

Edited by NeonZ

Kamui (and I would guess it applies to Kanna as well....and any of Kamui's children) are always weak to dragons

Same deal with Nishiki/Kinu/Flannel/Velour always being weak to beast weapons, the same happened in the previous game where the weakness is tied to the character

I don't think the Speed Drain skill item has been made available, in spite of existing in the game data.

It is very possible for it to be included in a dlc, tough even if she never gets access to it is not that godlike on her because aside from having speed mods, and a fast class her Falchion also has a nice +3 double attack threshold, so she is doubling almost everything anyways.

And lets be honest Great Lord has the best skillset of the amiibos by far, is not like she needs a skill of one of their classes, she is better with something like Aggresor to patch up her average damage, if only she could get Ogre Strike...

Kamui (and I would guess it applies to Kanna as well....and any of Kamui's children) are always weak to dragons

Same deal with Nishiki/Kinu/Flannel/Velour always being weak to beast weapons, the same happened in the previous game where the weakness is tied to the character

I tought so, but just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Amiibo characters don't have personal skills? That blows. It means they can't get as many skills as normal characters, and thus, they'll likely be inferior. :/

Oh well, I'm still going to use Ike anyway. How can I not? :P

It's not as useful as you may think; they've nerfed it to +2 instead of +4.

Amiibo characters don't have personal skills? That blows. It means they can't get as many skills as normal characters, and thus, they'll likely be inferior. :/

Oh well, I'm still going to use Ike anyway. How can I not? :P

Only three weeks to go before the NFC's comes out in our area. I'd like to have a Str Drain character and to kick back to old Tellus times. XD

I don't have the game for myself, so I don't know for sure... but I remember hearing that Amiibos can use any class specific item (dark wing, dread scroll, etc). So they also have access to Dread Fighter, Dark Falcon, Witch and Ballistician skills. Not just the amiibo classes, which are pretty handy.

I don't have the game for myself, so I don't know for sure... but I remember hearing that Amiibos can use any class specific item (dark wing, dread scroll, etc). So they also have access to Dread Fighter, Dark Falcon, Witch and Ballistician skills. Not just the amiibo classes, which are pretty handy.

Yes they can use those items but they are still genderlocked, and its the same with the non-amiibo characters, but they can still reclass back to their respective amiibo classes.

+2 in all stats still sounds pretty good, even if its not as broken as it was in Awakening.

The issue is that Robin himself can't learn any other rallies, making him pretty weak as a rallybot. His exclusive weapon seems to be the one thing that makes him stand out, and he's mediocre in every other category.

Yes they can use those items but they are still genderlocked, and its the same with the non-amiibo characters, but they can still reclass back to their respective amiibo classes.

I have a question, can the amiibo use the DLC emblems (Exalted Emblem,Hero-King Emblem, and the Fell-Blood Emblem) or are those not useable for the amiibos?