[FE4] Rate the Unit XLIV

So I was gonna do this yesterday and then I closed Firefox and raged too much at it to retype.

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Johalva: 3.93

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Celice: 9.54

DAY 44: SHANAN

__

Shanan's that really awesome unit you get and he wrecks face all game. He has Meteor Sword, Pursuit, Continue, and Balmung. With Balmung (which takes zero effort to get, because legit you have Patty/Daisy talk to him, and she's right there damn it) he faces <10 hitrate from the Dark Mages, and he usually ORKOs them. This epicness continues throughout the game, because he has one of the best skill combinations in the game, and, on top of that, a sword that increases his dodge and also his Continue and Meteor Sword activation by, well, a lot.

Despite being a foot unit, he's the cream of the crop. Only Levin!Sety can argue to be better than Shanan when it comes to being a footie (dancers don't count). He dodges everything and kills everything.

Also, Odo line makes him awesome. +.5 yay

7.75/10 including bias

So I was gonna do this yesterday and then I closed Firefox and raged too much at it to retype.

this happens to me like twice a day

Shannan has overkill combat from the moment he joins, is slowed by being a foot unit a bit, and slowed more by status staves. Still, his evasion is through the roof with Balmung, as is his combat.

8/10 with bias since he's a cool motherfucker

that rating was repetive but oh well

8/10

He's awesome. Major Odo with the Balmuk are great. However, he has the problem of being a footie, so by the time he gets anywhere, odds are Aless, Celice and Co. have already killed a good number of the enemies. But he is one of the best footies ever, losing probably only to Sety. He also has epic evasion.

Not having a horse doesn't bother me. He starts with a holy weapon and has some good skills. Only problem is for some reason at least for me he dies a lot when he's going against those dark mages at the start of chapter 7. Plus has a good chance of getting a bargain ring if you didn't get it in part one.

9/10

One of the best foot units, with ultra-evade and offense, I can't really fault him... oh, wait! No horse. But that's pretty much it, and his res isn't too hot.

8.5/10

Edited by Parco Folgore

Lakche got a biased 8? Shanan gets an 8.5, no bias. He's a good fighter and kills things but he's also a footsie (suk). But he has the added benefit of neutralizing Arion without you the player having to do fuck-all, which I do like.

Shanan gets a 9.5/10 from me. He kills pretty much everything at 1-range and very rarely gets hit. And while FE4's AI is weird and will sometimes attack him at 1-range despite having 2-range (Mage sisters), it's still a point against him. Plus he gets a bit bothered by the Dark Mages in Chapter 10 and F.

He's necessary for saving Patty/Daisy I think? So he puts a thief and a hero sword in the bank, at least. He's useful at a few specific spots after that and doesn't require any favor to ORKO/OHKO whatever random non-Nihil'd thing you can manage to get him in range of.

7/10

Shanan gets a 9.5/10 from me. He kills pretty much everything at 1-range and very rarely gets hit. And while FE4's AI is weird and will sometimes attack him at 1-range despite having 2-range (Mage sisters), it's still a point against him. Plus he gets a bit bothered by the Dark Mages in Chapter 10 and F.

Jesus on foot. If he can't kill it, it wasn't meant to be killed. If he can't dodge it, it wasn't meant to be dodged.

But still on foot.

But still Jesus.

8.75/10

He's terrible. His stats are worser then Lakche at level 30. I don't count the holy weapons since they are cheap and don't count.

But in all seriousness

9/10

Edited by Esaka

Shanan is an unit you can be sure that will pwn regardless of what the RNG does. The Balmung gives him even more bonus to speed, he's got Meteor Sword and a fair STR. He's hard to hit and only a few units survive a round agaisnt him (in that case, some bosses, because enemy units will always die). The only problem with him is his movement, but that doesn't slow his proggress or makes him bad, this isn't a Draft.

9/10

Lakche got a biased 8? Shanan gets an 8.5, no bias. He's a good fighter and kills things but he's also a footsie (suk). But he has the added benefit of neutralizing Arion without you the player having to do fuck-all, which I do like.