Soul's FE7 character rating topic.

Junkhead

rate them together as a couple they should do everything together forever (except when you want to deploy one and no the other)!

Bold: I completely agree

Italics: This should only ever happen in Hector's Playground chapter, due to only 1 free slot.

</fanboy>

That said, I'm interested to see what shakes down when Soul gets to the Etrurian badasses.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how you can give Guy only 0.5 more points than Lyn. He has at bases:

+7HP

+3STR

+3SKL

+2SPD

+4DEF

+1RES

And a lower base level, a lower join time, and a more readily available promotion item.

I mentioned it earlier, a lvl 10 Lyndis is assumed by then...

I don't think Guy is even worth a 7. Maybe 6.5 is alright for him, because, honestly, all he has going for him is a Killing Edge (Which could go for Marcus for some tough, boss-killing) and...doubling with meh damage and constant WTD.

EDIT: I'm going through some general edits of my ratings.

Edited by Soul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hector

Where should I begin?

Hector is the best FE7 Lord. No, wait- Hector, is one of the best FE Lords, as much as a character than as a unit. The former might actually just be opinionated, but I'm sure the latter is more of a factual matter.

Let's begin pointing out his goods. Hector has above-average offense, to begin with. He is bound to be 2HKO'ing just about every enemy, with the exception of some bosses and earlygame Brigands (Only the Brigands with 27 HP/5 Def. Which doesn't take much to get an Str proc and 2HKO them). Then there's the fact that just like Lyndis, he has his own Prf weapon, Wolf Beil. Wolf Beil has only +2 Mt over Iron axes, +5 Crit., and the same Hit rates. It also has effective x2 Mt against infantry units (Cavaliers & Knights). This weapon is what gets him to 2HKO pretty much anything earlygame, and it just helps that there are a few Cavaliers later on that he 2HKO's forever. I would recommend to not use it against enemies he is 2HKO'ing with a Hand/Iron axe, as it is a really valuable weapon. Another thing that Hector completely stands out, is his above-average durability as well. While base 19 HP/8 Def is looking great for as early as Chapter 11, 90%/50% (Respective HP/Def growths) are looking even better! He will fall no lower than being 4-3HKO'd from any enemy that isn't a boss. So as long as you keep up with his training, enemies will start having a much harder time killing him.

Now to point out his flaws. Hector has mediocre Hit rates. Everyone in the team is having better Hit rates than him. He has some trouble hitting enemies that aren't lance users with a Hand axe. Then there's unusual swordies, like Mercenaries, Myrmidons, and some Cavaliers bearing Swords, whom he'll have ~50 Hit on them, even with Wolf Beil. It'll take a while before his 45% Skill growth can get him out of his below-average 4 Skill base. The early Secret Book you get at Chapter 12 is very likely to end up in his hands. I was about to point out his Spd was a "flaw", but then I remembered- "What is the problem with his Spd, if the only enemies doubling him are Mercenaries and Myrmidons? Not to mention, his Atk is so great, he'll be 2HKO'ing in no time". I also remembered enemies at Midgame run around with 5-7 AS. So a lvl 16 Hector (which is very much possible, even disregarding favoritism) by around Ch 20-24 can double and 1RKO reliably. Especially with Wyerns flying around at that time. They are pretty tough. And he should have a great time getting to double and 1RKO every Knight along the way. And at last, I have to point out one last problem he has going for him: A late promotion. If it weren't for the fact he promoted after beating Chapter 29, and we could promote him when we get our first Heavel Seal during Chapter 26, we could get out his full potential very fast, making him a beast unit. But no, we promote him hella late, by the time 14 AS isn't special anymore, thanks to alot of enemies breaking into 2-digit AS. But his HP/Str/Def still stand out.

The last thing I have to mention, are his supports. Fastest support is with Elwood. They can easily get a C by the start of Chapter 13, and a B by Chapter 16-17. They both get full Defence, and decent Avo/Crit. Avo. Not much of a help for Hector, who just really wants more Hit. Then the other two are Matthew and Oswin, who will have trouble even keeping up. Matthew because he's most likely to stick with Guy, for even better bonuses. And Oswin can't because he's sooo slooow, he takes forever to reach any place unless he's constantly ferried around.

Pent

Count Reglay of Etruria, and our best magic user, in terms of offense, and comes pretty close in staff utility.

Pent has insane bases. 19 Mag/17 Spd is looking fantastic on the offensive end. Add up the fact he hits Res instead of Def, has excellent 2-range options with great Atk and accuracy, and you can tell you have one of the best offensive units. He's not looking too shabby on the defensive side either. With 33 HP/11/16 Res Def you are also looking at the magic user with the best durability, surviving 3RKO'd from the toughest enemies: Wyerns. Now add the fact that he has an auto A support with his wife, Louise, who offers him +3 Def as well as 7 Avo and 1 Atk. This makes him quite durable, even surpassing a few physical fighting units, like Isadora. And then, he also has another great use to bring to the team. Not something exclusive, I would say. But defeneatly useful: It's his staff utility. He has a whooping A rank in staves, and even brings a Physic staff to the team. Just how great is that!? He has a nice staff range to heal. And he can also use other high-ranked staves. But of course, like everything else, he just has to have his ups and it's downs...One of his flaws would be that his growths are pretty below-average. So you won't expect him to keep up an insane offense forever as to 1RKO everything. An extension to his growths problems, is his durability. While it is pretty decent, his durability will have trouble growing up later on, so I would highly recommend a Seraph Robe if you use him on the long road. Last flaw to point out is, it wouldn't bother if he came to help us out a little earlier. But you can't have everything.

Pent is an amazing combat and healing unit. Don't ever doubt on using him. With his solid bases, it'll take a while before he slows down. He's a great option up until the end.

Louise

Pent's wife. Klein and Clarine's mother. Yeeeah, you can probably tell she's cool. Or at least, not too bad.

Louise is a Sniper that arrives at Chapter 26, along with Pent, and with the aforementioned auto A support. Her stats are passable. 28 HP/9 Def isn't looking good at all. It isn't getting anywhere with her 60% HP/20% Def growths either. So that means she gets 2HKO'd by most Wyerns at her starting chapter, and alot of other enemies, and it isn't much better even when close to Pent (which she should be) for the +3 Def. But Snipers shouldn't be attacked anyways, so I don't see much of the problem. Her Res pretty much makes her a mage-killer, and to top it off, there's her +3 Def bonus, which also boosts Res.

Louise's offense: 12 Str/17 Spd means she's only redeemable with Silver/Killer and Brave bows. Steel bows would only slow her down, and still have her short of 2HKO'ing alot of enemies, including Wyerns IIRC. And her offense doesn't improve much either with 40% growths in both, Str and Spd. Her offense only turns out decent at most against flying and magic-using enemies. It doesn't help she is locked to an Enemy Phase, meaning she won't counter. Ever.

I'm don't think she should be deployed for more than two or three chapters after you get her. Mostly because Pent won't be needing her +3 Def/+1 Atk very much anymore after an Angelic Robe, and because Wyerns don't come in such abundance. But, on the bright side, she doesn't make you waste your time on crappy Archers to train, unlike Wil and Rebecca.

Her combat is below average to this point. And her lack of Enemy Phase isn't helping her case, sorry. I might even be even a little generous by giving her a 3.5.

And Rath is already done. So Priscilla is next. :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

Priscilla

Now, what can I say about Priscilla? Priscilla is a young and moderately attractive lady of House Cornwell, and the long-lost, Peter Pan-syndromed sister of Raven (Otherwise referred to as "Raymond", by Priscilla).

But let's get to the serious stuff, shall we?

Priscilla is a mounted healer. A MOUNTED HEALER. MOUNTED + HEALER. And I, uh...I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY. I barely even used her before! However! I would like to remind you guys that I usually try to be as factual as possible, as opposed to fully weighting the ratings on my opinion.

Anyhow, I'll ressume my rating. Priscilla is a pretty interesting unit. She is unique. Like, literally, unique. She is the only mounted healer in the game. So right there, is something quite good. Being a mounted affords her support to the team by bearing high enough Mov to keep up to effecient beasts like Marcus and the other Paladins. This also means that when she is not on healing duty, she could serve you well for Rescue-Dropping operations that would otherwise hinder one of your Paladin/Cavalier/Peggie units from doing something else, like visting a village/shop, entering combat, and even from rescuing another useful unit. For the healer part, we have the fact that being mounted allows her to heal just about anyone at her long reach without the need of a Physic staff. And what else can I say? She won't really need to be promoted unless you are in desperate need of that +1 Mov, which is pretty beneficial. Her flaws, like any other healer, is that she can't counter attack. As a magic user, her obvious flaw is her lack of durability. But she's a healer. Just why on earth would you leave her uncovered? She just doesn't need to fight, or consume any resources to be useful for your team, because by healing, she is already helping.

Edited by Soul

I was typing something about mounted healing not being worth much in the GBA games beyond +2 MOV, then I noticed your bit about rescuing and shit. Conceded.

• 4 weeks later...