Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

FIRE EMBLEM: DEATH OR GLORY

A new hack on FE7. A young soldier named Ragnar, who is a simple knight under oath to Azalia (country), is aiming to make a difference. Silvatica, a country that recently had a changed of heart, began its invasion against neighboring countries. In their invasion, they've not only captured many people to be used as soldiers or slaves, but also have destroyed entire cities and towns. Upon their attempt of taking over Azalia, they failed and suffered defeat for the first time. Due to rage, Azalia declared war. However, things didn't go accordingly and now Azalia suffers in the palms of Silvatica as well as the others. But, only one knight has the will to stop them.

Can he really make a difference?

Second story (WIP intro)

The patch will include 15 chapters: Prologue to Chapter 13 with one Gaiden chapter (Two stories).

Screenshots:

9.png6_zps3d72c925.png5_zps159362ad.png3_zpsc59ab9ef.png8_zpsa47ee863.png4_zpse9894c4d.png1_zpsbdf0ef93.pngChapter123_zpsabf4be4c.pngNewGuntram_zpsc1c08f1f.pngChapter121_zps1ee43e4d.pngValia_zps75348c22.png9_zps798a84ac.png

Credits:

NYZgamer3

Kon/Mew/GabrielKnight/Nickt/Lenh/Solum

Jubby

PureHeaven

MageKnight404

The Blind Archer

Aura Wolf

Mercenary Lord

Agro

Fuzz94

Kitty of Time

Klok

Blazer, Arch and too many more.

Current Patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llvgiskdko9huc1/DoG%20Update%20V%202.5.ups?dl=0

ENJOY!!!

P.S. if you would like to LP it or as such, please ask me first and I'll give you permission :)

Death or Glory Banner. Show support! :)

DeathorGloryBanner-1.png

Edited by NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hack looks pretty meh so far. Oh well. At least you're better than most of the newbs on SF.

And I'd suggest getting help with your mugs, they need some serious cleaning up. Make a spriting topic, or something.

This hack looks pretty meh so far. Oh well. At least you're better than most of the newbs on SF.

And I'd suggest getting help with your mugs, they need some serious cleaning up. Make a spriting topic, or something.

Which mugs are you talking about, specifically?

Looks promising so far. The story seems to have good ideas, and I like the customness of it. The mugs need work but that isn't my expertise so I'll leave it to someone who can judge. The grammatical errors are quite common, however--I will look into it and show specifics later.

Good work, though. I'll be following this project.

Which mugs are you talking about, specifically?

All of them? Your Seth splice has some shoddy hair in the back, your FF4 Kain ripoff is completely flat in shading, and the two cavs have some undefined and shoddy hair shading. And don't get me started on the Valter splice guy, his head is a mess.

Basically, all your stuff needs polishing. But hey, at least you've got... something.

I disagree Seph. For the time being I think that the portraits are fine.

Of course you do, but you're not that good at spriting yourself, so :P

Oh, and Ragnar's battle palette; that white is way too bright. Might wanna take it down a few tones.

Edited by seph1212

Thanks guys. For the prologue chapter, I fixed the text and changed a few things around with it. I just haven't made a new video on it and the dragoon sprite got modified as well. I just have not put it in yet.

Edited by NYZgamer3

Of course you do, but you're not that good at spriting yourself, so :P

Well I meant it in the sense of that the portraits that he's made for his hack don't need to be revamped. That's usually after like two patches or maybe even completing most of the hack. Unless of course NYZgamer3 opened a sprite thread or something like that, then it would be an on going sort of thing.

Well I meant it in the sense of that the portraits that he's made for his hack don't need to be revamped. That's usually after like two patches or maybe even completing most of the hack.

Uhh...?

Just because they don't need to be completely revamped doesn't mean they can't be cleaned up. Even a simple splice can look good if it's done well, and these ones aren't done that well. He can continue working on the hack, but that doesn't mean he can't either A) try to fix up his sprites himself, or B) try to get someone to help him. He's made two chapters worth of progress already, so he's obviously going to put more effort into this hack, which means that it wouldn't be something that'd just get dropped immediately.

So yeah, he should try to see if he can make the mugs more clean, even if he doesn't revamp them. Smooth shaded and well put together splices, even simple, are better than what he's got.

Uhh...?

Just because they don't need to be completely revamped doesn't mean they can't be cleaned up. Even a simple splice can look good if it's done well, and these ones aren't done that well. He can continue working on the hack, but that doesn't mean he can't either A) try to fix up his sprites himself, or B) try to get someone to help him. He's made two chapters worth of progress already, so he's obviously going to put more effort into this hack, which means that it wouldn't be something that'd just get dropped immediately.

So yeah, he should try to see if he can make the mugs more clean, even if he doesn't revamp them. Smooth shaded and well put together splices, even simple, are better than what he's got.

Makes sense, I guess I see your side of the point.

This is interesting. Good luck keeping up the good work. Oh and friendly tip don't mind people criticizing you too much--everyone has different expectations/standards, so go with what you think is best. Like Seph is a very proud spriter so for him not having good sprites is a no-no in a hack, so he'll probably have a lot to say to help make your sprites better and act like they have to be fixed or the world will explode, but he means it in good-spirit from what I know. Or so we'd like to think, anyway, who knows Seph's TRUE nature...? Not I...

Like I'd say the writing could be shortened a little bit to make the same point without dragging things out as much but the world won't explode if it doesn't happen XD

Use exclaimation marks less. And a single exclaimation mark will do when you need it.

As Luffy pointed out, the dialogue could be more direct. Like the house conversation in Ch1 is ALL simple sentences. Saying more with fewer words I guess.

Unit placement in Ch1 looks annoying in that it takes twice as long as it should.

The maps and mugs are passable save the weird captian one.

It is nice to see a hack with decent progress though.

Edited by deranger

Thanks Luffy for those kind words. I cant please everyone so they gonna have to deal with the best that I can give them right?

And I ask for critique so at least they give me what I want so I have an idea of what I can come up with next.

Thanks Deranger. I'll keep that in mind.

Also this is just for fun. :)

Edited by Sirius
An edit button exists. Use it.

normally i'd be rather negative...but you've shown that you really do have something speical going on for a start.

i could picture this hack being fully finished and playable.

i have to agree on what everyone esle has said about the text, the sprites look fine for me except for that FF4 kain which i think is the helmet looks too much like plastic and not metal.

normally i'd be rather negative...but you've shown that you really do have something speical going on for a start.

i could picture this hack being fully finished and playable.

i have to agree on what everyone esle has said about the text, the sprites look fine for me except for that FF4 kain which i think is the helmet looks too much like plastic and not metal.

Thanks Makalov. Appreciate it.

ok i just watched chapter and honestly i think it's a tad too hard. the generic green units were a bit underpowered, especially the footsoldiers. you should definitely think about buffing them. and the cavaliers were a bit too powerful. they easily overwhelmed the green units and there was quite a few times where the archer guy almost died. that being said, other less fortunate players will probably have to replay the chapter multiple times. i'm not saying it shouldn't be difficult, but maybe you should cut down on the enemy head count. well, at least until you get a healer. also some general advice, try to make a decent balance of unit types. give us at least two of everything except things like healers. 1 healer, 1 troubadours. and 3 peg knights for triangle attacks. and finally try to introduce a healer sometime soon. this hack looks awesome and i hope you finish.

donwik, one of the top commanders, has shit for stats. =/

Ivar the skilled archer, with 5 skill =/

Gidon the overpowering fighter, with 8 str =/

your descripions lie T_T

on another note, those NPC soldiers got destoryed before they could do anything, whats the point of them being there if they don't serve a purpose? i say they need a buff.

other then that, its an alright working chapter.

Keep in mind guys it's the second chapter. I have a long way to go with my project and I think its fine the way it is. I don't want an easy game for players to play. I want a challenge where you have to use your brain a bit. Yea I agree you have to play it multiple times because when I tested it out, I only died three times. It wasn't that hard. It's just a challenge needs to be put in some of these hacks and why not start with mines. The soldiers are always weak anyways but the knights had good stats to take on the enemy. There was suppose to be two more knights to spawn but the two enemies on the two bottom forts were blocking it so they couldn't spawn at their place. Thanks for the feedback though guys.

Edited by NYZgamer3