Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Just in.

Divine Dragon Naga confirmed.

Evil Dragon is named Gimle.

Emelina is the Holy King of Iris. She is Krom and Liz's elder sister.

Game takes place on 2 continents, one that looks suspiciously like Barensia and the other looks like Archanea... The Archanea lookalike has three nations--Feria to the north, Perezia to the west and Iris to the east.

Branched promotions are back. Cavalier promotes to Paladin (better Move, Resistance) or Great Knight (better HP, Defence, +Axes), Cleric promotes to Battle Cleric (better Strength, +Axes) or Sage (better Resistance, +Offensive magic).

Character profiles translated by TheEnd

Frederick

A calm and collected knight serving the Holy Kingdom of Iris. Supports Krom as his deputy in the vigilante force. His class is Great Knight, a promoted unit who fights on a horse. He is a veteran who prefers guiding others and a great asset against powerful foes.

Sumia

A member of the vigilante force. She is a klutz and feels that she isn't up to the job because of it. Possesses the mysterious ability of understanding the feelings of animals. Her class is Pegasus Knight; her mobility on a pegasus is her selling point.

Cullum

An armoured Knight who serves the vigilante force. He is a front-line fighter, due to his great defence. However, he's sorely lacking in presence and isn't noticed even among his fighting peers. Will he ever appear in the spotlight one day...?

Ronku

A Myrmidon from the Kingdom of Feria, located to the north of Iris. He is a man with a cool personality, and keeps his feelings to himself. He's skilled with swords, but apparently bad with women for some reason. How he joins Krom's group is still unknown.

More details here

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emelina, Queen of Iris... Holy Dragon Naga vs Evil Dragon Gimrey (or whatever)... Not Medeus or Loputousu? Laaaame

Well, I suppose that map pretty much confirms we're talking about either an alternate reality Archanea or some kind of "1000 years later" scenario.

I just realised the world map looks kinda like our world now. Barensia=Americas?

I'm sorry, he built a similar topic. What can not be deleted?

Sure, no worries. You were only a few minutes or seconds behind, I think.

Edited by VincentASM

Your scans seem to be larger, though. I'll paste them here just in case

http://gfxf.net/images/IgT0m.jpg

http://gfxf.net/images/ItYgL.jpg

http://gfxf.net/images/4AGTr.jpg

I just realised the world map looks kinda like our world now. Barensia=Americas?

Holy crap it's a ripoff

>Sister to BATTLESISTER

Oh IS

Edited by TheEnd

Ok, I'm really excited about this now, particularly if that world map is what we think it is (Gaiden needs more love period).

...Hang on a sec, is that Liz wielding an axe at the bottom of page 3?

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Byte2222

Sumia

Member of the vigilantes. A klutz, she feels she isn't up to the job because of it. Has the mysterious ability of understanding the feelings of animals. Her mobility on a pegasus is her selling point.

Frederik

Calm and collected knight from the Holy Kingdom of Iris. Supports Krom as his deputy in the vigilante group. A heavy-armored Great Knight who fights on a horse, he's a veteran who prefers guiding (as in instructing/teaching) others. A great asset against powerful foes.

Ronkuu

A myrmidon from the kingdom of Feria, located to the north of Iris. A man with a cool personality who keeps his feelings to himself. He's skilled with swords, but is apparently bad with women for some reason. How he joins Krom's group is still unknown.

Karam

An armor knight, part of the vigilantes. A frontliner, having great defense. However, he's lacking in presence, and isn't very noticed even among his fighting peers. Will he come to the spotlight someday...?

I'll let other people care about properly romanizing those names

Edited by TheEnd

Sure, no worries. You were only a few minutes or seconds behind, I think.

Thank You

Ooooo, I like that they seem to have more classes to split into than SS.

Wait, wheres the bishop D:

I'm almost willing to bet that Liz's sister/cleric class is more like Mist's than the regular cleric.

Maybe they'll pull a FE4 and call the regular staffbots Priests or something, who knows?

Thanks man : D

In the world of Awakening, there is a legend about the Divine Dragon Naga, who protects mankind, and the Evil Dragon Gimle, who wishes for mankind's destruction. The story begins in the Holy Kingdom of Iris, a nation ruled by the descendants of the Holy King who vanquish the Evil Dragon with the Divine Dragon's strength.

Emelina is the current Holy King of Iris and Krom and Liz's elder sister. She is said to be a peace-loving, kind and forgiving queen.

To the west of Iris lies the nation of Perezia, where the followers of the Evil Dragon and Iris's sworn enemy, the Gimle Cult, have gathered, leading to increasing tension between the two nations.

The militant nation of Feria is located north of both Perezia and Iris. To the far west is a mysterious continent, which resembles the continent of Barensia from Gaiden.

Also, from the class change page:

- At level 10 with Master Proof, but "there might be another way" (auto-change at 20?)

- Battle Sisters can equip axes, if you couldn't notice from the screenshots

Edited by TheEnd

Branched promotions? Looks like they've "stolen" something from FE8 (did any other game have it? I don't think so... reclass, maybe, but not branched promotions...).

I love the Cleric -> Battle Cleric promotion. so legit

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Branched promotions? Looks like they've "stolen" something from FE8 (did any other game have it? I don't think so... reclass, maybe, but not branched promotions...).

I love the Cleric -> Battle Cleric promotion. so legit

Pretty much everything FE8 had of "new" came from Gaiden, branched promos among them. (Though Gaiden only did it for villagers.)

Just fitting for a game that apparently features Gaiden's continent, I suppose.

Edited by TheEnd