Fire Emblem: Dimensional Rift

fuzz94

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingdom of ZX? Zero? Are we really thinking about the same thing here? Although Zero ruling doesn't make sense, the whole idea of seeing him in FE is interesting.

I like your idea, it's certainly daring. The sprites, however, are kinda strange. Isaac looks more like Dew, with his yellow hair and suit. Jenna's resemblance to Lyn is simply screaming (I know it's a recolor). I have no knownledge on hacking whatsoever, so, I'm sorry I can't help you. Good luck with your hack, man.

Kingdom of ZX? Zero? Are we really thinking about the same thing here? Although Zero ruling doesn't make sense, the whole idea of seeing him in FE is interesting.

I like your idea, it's certainly daring. The sprites, however, are kinda strange. Isaac looks more like Dew, with his yellow hair and suit. Jenna's resemblance to Lyn is simply screaming (I know it's a recolor). I have no knownledge on hacking whatsoever, so, I'm sorry I can't help you. Good luck with your hack, man.

My spriting skills are mehh. So everything for now is just minor splices with some recoloring. And since I am starting over I am also rewriting the plot a bit, making Zero the leader of a mercenary group instead, which is a lot more in character.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some progress after switching to FE7 starting from scratch.

array.png

Isaac and Riku are delivering a message from King Ephraim to King Link and take a detour on the way home. They encounter some bandits but make quick work of them. Zappa comes along and talks to them and the three head off to the border fort of Vale together.

gnkawefhwenf, sword bearing infantry. Why is it ALWAYS sword bearing infantry.

Differing mug styles is distracting, and team colors is kinda weird, but progress is good.

Haha. They are the first two, but trust me I am straying away from sword users for most of the hack.

And as for the color schemes on the mugs that is problem I know about right now that I am going to get around to eventually

EDIT: What is "team colors"?

Edited by fuzz94

Oh I see what you mean now. I'm just basing their palettes off of the games they came from and the clothes they wore then.

And my mugs are horrendous and I'm waiting until I have loads of progress in this before I run around asking for mugs. (I actually said this earlier in this thread)

And Chapter 1 is complete!

arrayw.png

Isaac Riku and Zappa arrive at Fort Vale only to find it under attack with Sheik, Jenna and Laura outside defending it. After finishing off the attackers, they find that they are soldiers of the mysterious Twilight Empire. The enemy commander tells them about how the Emperor is unknown, but that he knows of the 7 generals of the Twilight. Based off of the descriptions Riku recognizes Ansem, Isaac recognizes Satorus and Zappa recognizes Viper. They return to the castle and tell Jenna everything. Glenn arrives with reinforcements and orders from Link. Zappa, Sheik and Laura are to accompany the three to Renais Castle, and gives Riku and letter for Ephraim. Glenn is also filled in with info and everybody goes their way.

Sorry Chrono Cross/Golden Sun fans! Glenn and Jenna are not playable yet.

Edited by fuzz94

You need to work on your text formatting/structure. Some of your message boxes are too long (basically right at the limit).

And I really hope the "Twilight Empire" is not going to be what I first envisioned it as :P:. Or maybe I hope that it will be, because I might play if it is going to be campy as hell. Camp is love.

Edited by Tangerine

@ Tangerine: I'm going to guess that "campy" is goofy and completely a joke, like the zombie hack. I am sorry to say that this hack is far from campy unsure.gif And If you are assuming that by Twilight I mean those stupid little vampires you are also sadly mistaken. As much as I'd love to have Hector and Ephraim obliterate Edward Cullen, this game will not feature that. And as for the text stuff I am going to release a demo patch at chapter 5 and then completely fix and perfect the first chapters before progressing.

@Makalov If you feel like there is not enough of them, then make one.

@ Tangerine: I'm going to guess that "campy" is goofy and completely a joke, like the zombie hack. I am sorry to say that this hack is far from campy unsure.gif And If you are assuming that by Twilight I mean those stupid little vampires you are also sadly mistaken. As much as I'd love to have Hector and Ephraim obliterate Edward Cullen, this game will not feature that. And as for the text stuff I am going to release a demo patch at chapter 5 and then completely fix and perfect the first chapters before progressing.

@Makalov If you feel like there is not enough of them, then make one.

i'm not insulting your hack...

besides when i had freetime and wasn't bogged down with college i was in the making of doing a rather Camp hack filled with bromance.

I don't think he thought that, he's basically saying if you want a camp hack go make one. People take hacks seriously, cause for us, they're like, actual video games that we spend many many hours developing, creating, testing, spriting for, etc

• 2 weeks later...

So Chapter 2 is oh so close to being done and I got this idea. I want to get a few beta testers to send the first 2 chapters and the prologue to, to see how I am doing.

It would mainly be to see if I was keeping everyone in character, but also any event bugs that I missed.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll probably take like, 5 people.

So alliek

In my free time, I fix up dialogue for hacks. I'm like, really amazing ith FEditor and all that crap. This entire hack looks mediocrish, but that text is actually making me feel ill. If you want, send me all your custom text and I'll rewrite it, fix it up for you, allthatstuff.

It's a dollar per line

gaaaah That would add up quick. Very quick.

I was more or less just hoping for people to play it and just tell me where I've been out of character, lacking detail, or just flat out wrote it bad, so I could fix it.

So Chapter 2 is oh so close to being done and I got this idea. I want to get a few beta testers to send the first 2 chapters and the prologue to, to see how I am doing.

It would mainly be to see if I was keeping everyone in character, but also any event bugs that I missed.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll probably take like, 5 people.

If you're looking for beta testers, I could play through it. I've been looking for a hack to play. ^^