Rate the Unit, Day 31: Knoll

The Master Seal is probably best on Knoll because the village is right next to the starting point. He also has full move in the desert, but moving him in any direction gets him instakilled because of his lolavoid, lolcon, and loldefenses.

Summoning is nice, but it's not that good. And I already have Natasha, Moulder, Artur/Lute, Saleh, and possibly L'Arachel for healers. Do I really need to waste energy on Knoll when he can only use Heal after promoting?

No.

Bench.

At the end.

Next to Ewan, Marisa, and Amelia.

1/10

Oh come on, he's way better than Amelia at least. Amelia's best use is to die violently and instantaneously if anyone attacks her. Knoll can create guys who not only do the exact same thing, they do it better than Amelia and he can keep making them.

I'd think the unit in question being rated should be assumed being used. You're likely not using all those magi at once, anyway, so why not rate him on his contributions were he to be on the team? Knoll doesn't even require to be anywhere close to combat to be useful-even healers sometimes might need to get a bit closer than comfortable to the front depending on the placement of other units, but Knoll can just chill in the back and make baits for those dickish long-ranged magic. And he doesn't need training, just a promotion. He doesn't have to be (and shouldn't be) rated excessively high due to his very much existent issues, but his possible contributions are worth more than Amelia/Ewan/Marisa's and thus should be rated higher than them.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

You know, Knoll can be pretty awesome in the desert since he can move so far and attack enemies from outside their movement range. IIRC, his phantoms can even ORKO the pegs if they dodge the counter so he can be effective at killing things.

I decided to post it anyway after reading, because I can and did and stuff.

This illness and the four hpur sleep I had are getting to my head

Edited by Darros

Uh...

10/10. Because he isawesome with summons and can use that Master Crest that he gets for free by himself. :KnollRoll:

2.5/10, he's kind of worthless. Summons and redundant staffbot, that's basically it.

Edited by Camtech

Oh poor Knoll. That guy who gets sentenced to death but eventually escapes.

Pros:

Can autopromote if necessary.

Summon ability.

Staff use.

Cons:

:(:

His luck at base is 0. 0!!! Thats bad. He cant dodge to save his life. And all the things crit him. All the things.

Hes really frail.

Bad speed.

Meh supports.

Something of a liability.

I dont like him. His character is cool but i just...eugh. I dont use Summoners that much. While the Summon ability is quite useful, i just...dunno.

2.5/10 If he couldnt be a Summoner, he'd be like 1/10.

I decided to post it anyway after reading, because I can and did and stuff.

This illness and the four hpur sleep I had are getting to my head

Just so you know, I'm not going to count your vote as long as the knollroll is in it. Same for you, Cam. I am INFLEXIBLE here.

EDIT: also some people have been uppity so i felt like exercising some pointless dictatorial power

Edited by Integrity

Just so you know, I'm not going to count your vote as long as the knollroll is in it. Same for you, Cam. I am INFLEXIBLE here.

EDIT: also some people have been uppity so i felt like exercising some pointless dictatorial power

Kitty would be so disappointed in you, Integ. :<

knollroll.gif

3/10. He can summon and has sole dibs on weaponry, but it doesn't really matter (Luna has been nerfed, and he can't effectively Nosferatu tank). Gimmick value only.

Edited by Baldrick

Ooh, yeah, sorry for the wording there. I meant it as in the future, edit your original vote post.

Anyway, Saleh > Duessel because Saleh is a better fighter than Duracell with a little less durability and almost the same availability.

Actually, Saleh is not a better fighter at all. His 2 speed gap is ephemeral since in order to match Duessel's raw attack with those amazing A Rank weapons, he invariably needs to lumber himself with something heavy. For instance, Saleh must choose between doubling Aias with Thunder, and missing the 4HKO, or using Elfire and not doubling. As a result, Saleh is not the best choice to take Aias on (Franz with the Heavy Spear or Dozla with the Halberd are probably better). Whereas Duessel is pretty clearly the best choice to fight Beran and the Chapter 11 Deathgoyle.

Saleh is also pretty pants against Carlyle, scoring another 4HKO with Elfire. Meanwhile, Duessel is one of the best choices to deal with Vigarde, since even though he cannot double he is one of the few who can survive a critical.

In general, Duessel is also better against lategame bosses since their defense is usually lower than their resistance. Garm more than closes the speed gap and is stronger: it also doesn't face WTD from Lyon. And unlike Saleh, Duessel will not require a Seraph Robe to prevent Morva from OHKOing him.

The durability gap is not small either. Duessel has 16HP and 8DEF, as well as complete WTA on Saleh.

Duessel is one of the best choices to deal with Vigarde, since even though he cannot double he is one of the few who can survive a critical.

33 MT (WTD taken into account) is still a crit OHKO on Duessel until --/12 or --/13 (and I'd have trouble assuming Duessel even gets there before chapter 14), on average. But if I'm missing something here, please tell me...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Kitty would be so disappointed in you, Integ. :<

But rules, Darros! Rules!

I for one support Integrity's regulation of knollrolls.

Ah, Knoll. I had this guy on the FE8 draft I picked up for Creeper. If I had to pick a second character that made me want to rage in that draft (first being Vanessa) it'd be Knoll.

What to say about Knoll? The guy's a shaman who starts off with 0 luck on average. If you're lucky, it'll be 1, but that doesn't really help, especially not this late in the game. His luck growth sucks too. His speed's nothing stellar, and he has a weapon type that weighs him down. Terrible durability, anything with skill has crit on him, and he can't dodge because he has no luck.

So ... what's good about him? He can instantly promote to get staves. And if you make him a summoner, he can summon these little phantoms that draw out enemy fire for you and cause distractions! Yay!

3/10, because I think his only redeeming qualities are his ability to insta-promote and summoning phantoms. Especially since Ewan's the only other summoner you can get in this game and he's a pain to train. I appreciated Knoll for his summons in my draft and nothing else.

33 MT (WTD taken into account) is still a crit OHKO on Duessel until --/12 or --/13 (and I'd have trouble assuming Duessel even gets there before chapter 14), on average.

Actually, you're right, I looked at Vigarde's NM strength. Still, Duessel can always use the Lancereaver, which lets him barely scrape a 4HKO.

What, I'm not allowed to make him roll? Not that I would, because he's the best-looking guy on Magvel, but I digress. . .

Unless you took the time to raise Ewan, he's it for your dark magic needs. Luna's gone from amazing to amazingly bad, and I'd rather Bolting a wall than Eclipse it (because anything with any self-respect will dodge Eclipse). Let's not forget that Gleipnir is the worst Sacred Twin ever. On the absolute off-chance that you promote him to Druid, and he gets S Anima, he'll have to fight with Saleh over Excalibur.

Then there's those little phantom thingys who do an amazing job of ferrying people across mountains. Too bad they can't drop Kyle like that.

5/10 (including a bias point thrown in for being hot)

ahaha haha

Finally tally on votes discarded: OrangeCrush, Darros, Cam, 313Archer.

waaaaaaaaait-

Okay, OrangeCrush, I see now what you did. I'm going to cede this one to you. Well fucking played, sir.

4/10 from me, tallying.

EDIT: For those who aren't Crush and his masterful play, there are no takesie-backsies on votes that broke the special rule, unlike my usual votetossing fare.

Edited by Integrity