Are Orochi and Hayato Worth Using?

CallMeViggy

Orochi's speed is fixable and her magic gets much higher with a better base and growth. Hayato's bulk and speed makes him a promising Oni Chieftain later on. Orochi is a good unit for Hoshido, while Hayato is a higher-end tome user in IK.

Orochi's high magic is insane, but has speed issues.

Hayato is a great Oni Chieftan, but he needs some investment early on.

That also work good together, and I have had good success with them on Hard. Might try them again in Lunatic.

Edited by crazy_man

If you have the special edition, I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Falcon Saizou.

Although his str is still good I havent' really trained his lance rank though since i have so many lance ppl

As for Orochi I've been mostly using her as Saizou's support

Edited by Thor Odinson

Horse Spirit + Kaze S + Tonic is like +11 Spd.

PpFsJi.jpg

A must since her speed is only 34 maximum as a witch which is frightening as it is meant to be one of the highest speedy classes in the game!.

Edited by PuffPuff

Sakura's most likely the best magic unit in Birthright, but she does begin staff locked.

Felicia is also great as a Strategist, just buy a Heart Seal, since in my opinion, not many units in Birthright needs a Heart Seal.

Isn't Orochi a good candidate to be a Witch class user?

Yeah due to her MAG Growth. She also makes a great Magic Mommy or "Last Pick / I Don't Care" Mom. Saizo's son, Asugi, has strangely high MAG Growth so she s a good candidate for him. She also grants him Diviner. Mind the SPD Decrease though, lots of Hoshido Moms carry that...

Orochi's speed is fixable and her magic gets much higher with a better base and growth. Hayato's bulk and speed makes him a promising Oni Chieftain later on. Orochi is a good unit for Hoshido, while Hayato is a higher-end tome user in IK.

When taking into account Hayato's personal skill, he's got 1 less effective atk than her. He's level 1, so it's active for a while. His growth spread is also significantly better everywhere else while still having a high magic growth. Whatever we think of Orochi should apply to Hayato. Regardless, I don't consider either of them very good because their base performances are terrible.

Edit: Revelation Hayato tho? Dude's like the second coming of Asvel. So amazing.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I tried to make Orochi work once I realized my team was a bit soft against Generals, but she ended up falling behind so I just Sealed Felicia to Strategist and used Izana instead.

I'd say that training one of them could be worth it if you find yourself needing/wanting magic users early on, but I wouldn't recommend them based on my experiences so far.

When taking into account Hayato's personal skill, he's got 1 less effective atk than her. He's level 1, so it's active for a while. His growth spread is also significantly better everywhere else while still having a high magic growth. Whatever we think of Orochi should apply to Hayato. Regardless, I don't consider either of them very good because their base performances are terrible.

Edit: Revelation Hayato tho? Dude's like the second coming of Asvel. So amazing.

Orochi and Hayato are p different. If they're trained for long enough, Orochi's mag advantage is about as big as Hayato's lead in speed. Hayato's defence also isn't THAT good, so both suffer from durability problems to some extent.

Since Orochi can A+ rank Rinkah (not that they care for the offensive stats the other one grants), Oni Chieftain is an option for her as well, and she will also be really bulky as one. Hayato's natural access to the class and higher speed probably makes him a better OC in the end, though.

I'm using Orochi in my current campaign. I gave her two Speedwings and she has Horse Spirit (+3 Speed) equipped, and paired up with my +Speed Corrin, and she is still struggling to double anything besides Generals or other magic users. That being said her magic stat is absurd, so it all balances out.

Can't speak for Hayato, but he's supposed to be faster but with lower magic. His personal skill should help him to catch up really fast though.

Edited by Chaotix

Orochi and Hayato are p different. If they're trained for long enough, Orochi's mag advantage is about as big as Hayato's lead in speed. Hayato's defence also isn't THAT good, so both suffer from durability problems to some extent.

Since Orochi can A+ rank Rinkah (not that they care for the offensive stats the other one grants), Oni Chieftain is an option for her as well, and she will also be really bulky as one. Hayato's natural access to the class and higher speed probably makes him a better OC in the end, though.

Agreed that they both suffer durability issues. They are both each other's best pair up option anyway so in that event I'd assume Hayato would come out on top due to innate Chieftain and his better Spd growth giving him a better initial start since they have the same base but he has almost double her growth on top of gaining exp faster. Then again, the +4 HP lead Orochi has on him could make a difference. You could probably skip Chieftain altogether for Hayato and just have him go Basara which would leave another Parallel (Heart?) seal for you to use for someone ese, though there aren't many people hankering for a reclass at the midgame as opposed to the early game.

I think Hayato is better for Revelations because he arrives (approximately) two-three chapters prior and I prefer having an unit that deals 2X damage than an unit that deals X+6 damage. Never used any of them in Birthright, though.

I'm on Birthright and pairing Hayato with Orochi is a deadly combo. The speed boost Orochi gets lets her double some enemies.

Plus, what's up with that skill that Hayato has that does +3 damage to units that are the same level or higher?