Keaton or Kaden?

SaMaster14

So... who do you guys prefer? And preferences aside, who do you go with when you need the best unit? Here are my two in my Revelations game... Kaden's stats are better overall, but Keaton has mad HP and better strength. He just has really low Resistance.

WVW69i_g7JQ6pWWMy5.jpgWVW69i_g6zkfTzkcME.jpg

I like Keaton more than Kaden.

I like the Nine-Tails design alot more, but I feel that Wolfs are better units. They have more Hp, STR and DEF, while the Foxes have more Skill, Speed and Res (more anti mage units) and there are alot more physical enemies than there are magical enemies.

And does anyone know where you can get more Beast Stone+ and Beastrunes? I got two of both, can you get them from weapon farm map?

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

I like Keaton more than Kaden.

I like the Nine-Tails design alot more, but I feel that Wolfs are better units. They have more Hp, STR and DEF, while the Foxes have more Skill, Speed and Res (more anti mage units) and there are alot more physical enemies than there are magical enemies.

And does anyone know where you can get more Beast Stone+ and Beastrunes? I got two of both, can you get them from weapon farm map?

I think once your armory is upgraded to Lv 3 you can purchase more. There are also a few maps where defeated enemies drop them, at least in Conquest I remember getting a Beaststone+ from a defeated enemy.

I think once your armory is upgraded to Lv 3 you can purchase more. There are also a few maps where defeated enemies drop them, at least in Conquest I remember getting a Beaststone+ from a defeated enemy.

Yea my armory is upgraded to 3 already, but it only have the E grade ones. And I got all the ones from the Chapters Drops/Chests already. The only places I can get them now is from Lottery, Weapon Map or possbily from random conversation in My Castle, but want to verify if people got them from these before.

I have not played Nohr, so stat-wise, I really can't compare. I will say though, Kaden is one of my best units in Hoshido, albeit I've heard Keaton is better.

But the fox has a better look imo

Personality-wise they're pretty close, but Keaton wins by a small margin bc he made me consider getting Nohr.

whynotboth.jpg

Anyway, anything that's not a vanilla Beaststone needs to be obtained through the chapters. I have yet to obtain an upgraded Beaststone/Dragonstone through Museum Melee.

Keaton carried my sorry ass through Nohr. Kaden. . .wasn't really used in Hoshido. So Keaton wins.

Unit-wise, I prefer Keaton since he can take a lot of punishment, and due to his ridiculously high Str and good enough Spd, he can feasibly ORKO a good amount of units if he hits the threshold. He was also one of my best units in Conquest and is one of my stronger units currently in Revelations, so he's contributed a lot to my playthroughs. Kaden I'm currently using as well in Revelations, but between the two, I find that I have to play more conservative with him since he can't take a lot of hits. He's a good mage killer though, so I do like having him around for that.

Personality-wise, I like both of them, but Keaton edges Kaden out for me.

Edited by Medeus

I prefer Kaden character-wise, but Keaton unit-wise. Design-wise, I find Keaton's humanoid form more appealing than Kaden's, but Kaden's beast form looks better than Keaton's.

Kaden is funnier with his crazy laughs and silly quotes ("I've never met a grumpy pants with pants as grumpy as yours"), but I found Keaton way more useful on the battlefield. Physical enemies heavily outnumber magic ones in most stages, which automatically makes Keaton a safer choice to have in the fray in most cases. He's typically way better at taking hits in general, too, with his excessive bulk. Although Kaden is awesome for screwing over mages, picking at their usually low defense and laughing at counterattacks with his high res, baiting mages with him can be frustrating since he doesn't have any ranged attacks, so I usually just end up using Kaze instead. It's also risky sending Kaden out against physical attackers since his defense is typically so low, and you have to get in their faces where they can usually counterattack you. Although he's more likely to double, if you can't kill the enemy in a single hit, you end up having to rely on them missing, and we all know how the RNG is in this game.

I've been using both of them and they've been of great use in their respective games, but I think Keaton has been more useful in general.

Personally, I prefer Kaden. Foxes>Wolves.

Stat wise, Keaton seems to be better since he can take and deal damage well.

Both are amazing in Revelation, particularly since they join early and don't require grinding, but I preferred their daughters in the other two routes.

Keaton is cuter, although I'm not sure I'd want my husband bringing me dead animal skulls as presents.

Kaden wins easily in my opinion. Keaton in my playthrough didn't really help me that much, but he was alright. My Kaden would get critical hits most of the time and is a great father for Shigure, who also provided help for me in Birthright. Plus, Kaden's daughter is adorable and my favorite female child unit. I like Keaton's voice (since it's Gaius pretty much) and his design, but Kaden wins my heart.

Keaton has my heart. He and Leo join in the same chapter on Conquest and that was a serious one two punch of awesome right there. I love his design and I find his hording habit funny (a big gross, admittedly, but it's the dog thing y'know?). I like Kaden alright, but he just doesn't grab my attention the same way Keaton does. I like Velouria's design better than Selkie's, too.