New Serenes Forest banner

VincentASM

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strange. I've just tried tampering. Mind I don't actually have IE 7 so I'm working blind. Force Refresh and tell me what you see now. Or any IE 7 user for that matter.

I don't see anything happening...

Tried something different. Look again after reloading?

@Camtech

But Python is a backend language. It'd still need to output HTML and what have you.

There's a difference between mediocrity and subjectivity. You don't like it? I'll accept that.

there actually really isn't because 96% of things that can be considered "mediocre" are done so on a subjective basis

so you can't just play the subjectivity card to deny that there is anything wrong with the banner on an aesthetic level

it's a pretty clear indication when you have users coming in and vehemently stating their preference for an alternate skin. i'm sure that they wouldn't have really minded with the previous static banner.

Originally, the alter had a background item to hide the altered perspective. But the staff didn't like it so much, mostly because the alter was also on top of the structure, so it was removed.

ok that's great

that's not what i was saying. remove the damn thing entirely. replace the entire altar with a static mugshot of a protagonist that changes every time you reload the page, or something.

You don't like the movement? There are, of course other themes, but I'll research how to selectively disable it without generating a whole new theme, if possible.

see this really isn't a problem that is alleviated by "use another theme that's not the default"

because think of all of the random users that come here as guests. what are they going to think of a banner that is reminiscent of a shoddy geocities website - particularly if the animation doesn't even work correctly for what seems like most (or at least a significant fraction) of browsers (and heck, it looks clunky even in the browsers in which it does work)?

Edited by dondon151

Just popping in to say that I like the new banner itself, but the animation kills my browser's (Firefox, btw) performance, forcing me to switch from what used to be my favorite skin to Blue Skies to browse the forums. An option to have the standard skin without the animation would be nice.

Edited by Shade of Shadow

The perspective of that pentagram-like thing the characters are summoned from is completely butchered compared to the altar, although the rest of it is ok I guess. Can't see any animation after the summoned characters though.

My IE has a lot of troubles it seems but mine isn't fully updated so I can understand that.

Meh, rajaoin red all the way.

No idea if this has been mentioned, and too lazy to read, but the banner itself doesn't take me to the board index anymore (can't click it).

Now of course I can just click on the 'Forums' tab to go there, but it was very convenient to just click on the banner (and this still worked sometime with the new banner).

Using Opera, btw.

Also what is this animation you guys are talking about?

Edited by Fawful

I've got Opera, and I don't see the animation. . .and I think I like it that way. If you absolutely want to see it, get Chrome/Firefox.

And what is with Krom have the grilled food in his Falchion blade and have a Chef hat in the banner for? (P.S.: This is not a joke, I did saw it, I didn't get the screenshot in time.)

EDIT: I just found out it was on Safari browsers and Chrome browsers.

Edited by King Marth 64

Did you change something? Now the warp circle appears at the very bottom of the altar most of the time for me. Using google chrome. I don't think I changed anything recently, but I might have.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just updated Opera to 12.00 and now it displays all the character portraits just like in Firefox now. I just saw chef Krom passing and the armory guy showing up by so I guess everything works as intended.

However, for some reason the circle it loads is not the same. Opera uses the "from above view" version of the circle thats left from the one displayed in Firefox on the sheet.

Edited by BrightBow