EHM or HNM?

CrashGordon94

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these modes do you find more difficult?

• Eliwood Hard Mode
    • Hector Normal Mode

This one has been bouncing around in my head for a while now. I hear that Hector Mode is harder than the equivilant Eliwood Mode, but does that make HNM harder or easier than EHM?

Which one do you guys find harder?

EDIT: Whoops, the poll's fixed now.

Edited by CrashGordon94

Personally, I find EHM really boring, and I play on HNM 75% of the time when I start a new file on FE7. EHM is more difficult, though, especially when playing a ranked playthrough.

I always find the first few chapters quite hard on HNM, after that it's easy enough.

EHM is kinda tough all the way through

now HHM, that is hell to go through...

I voted for HNM since i find it more fun, You don't have to rely on Failwood so much, There is Farina if your not going for ranked and some Extra Chapters. I honestly just find this more enjoyable... I just find EHM more tedious, in my opinion!

Oh... Sorry... Eliwood Hard Mode...

EXP is such a killer on that mode... You barely get any if you kill a person who is low leveled...

Played EHM, felt like FE8 (at some points even easier than FE8 HM, which is saying something. Either way I don't consider it a proper HM). Don't remeber any normal modes. Haven't played those in a year.

Go with HNM because they're all easy and Hector Mode, like someone else already said, has extra content.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

EHM is harder.

Due to Eliwood being squishier.

HNM has one of the more reliable Lords in the series, and early on, Hector can withstand more damage en route to Throne.

EHM has an easier to get Geitz, but HNM allows Farina and Karla to be recruited, as well as a few more chapters.

ENM has energy rings and more dracoshields than HNM, thereby making it easier for Florina/Kent to have str, and more durability for Florina/other squishy unit.

Oh... Sorry... Eliwood Hard Mode...

EXP is such a killer on that mode... You barely get any if you kill a person who is low leveled...

Well, you might want to change your vote then.

And the answer is looking VERY clear now!

Hector Normal Mode is actually slightly easier than Eliwood Normal Mode. Its only with the hard modes where Hector's mode is beefed up.

Really? Huh, I'll have to keep that in mind if it's true.

Hector Normal Mode is actually slightly easier than Eliwood Normal Mode. Its only with the hard modes where Hector's mode is beefed up.

How so? The only difference is that the main lord is superior, but then that means Hector promotes later. Fairly sure enemy stats are higher in HNM compared to ENM as well, and the HNM-exclusive chapters can be tricky.

Unpromoted enemies have the same stats in Eliwood Normal-Hard and Hector Normal.

Only in Hector Hard are they stronger. 5 levels of class growths added to stats.

Promoted enemies have the same stats in Eliwood Normal and Hector Normal.

Eliwood Hard gets boosted promoted enemies. Compared to normal mode, 10 more levels of class growths added to stats.

Hector Hard promoted enemies are even stronger. Compared to normal mode, 15 more levels of class growths added to stats.

Both Eliwood Hard and Hector Hard increases the number of enemies and often reduces the number of units you can deploy.

Both hard modes makes EXP gains decrease faster as your characters gain more levels over the enemy units.

Both hard modes also alter the starting items of some playable characters and the droppable/stealable items of some enemies. Villages, chests, armories and vendors don't change.

Promoted enemies have the same stats in Eliwood Normal and Hector Normal.

Eliwood Hard gets boosted promoted enemies. Compared to normal mode, 10 more levels of class growths added to stats.

Hector Hard promoted enemies are even stronger. Compared to normal mode, 15 more levels of class growths added to stats.

Did you mean to say "unpromoted" there?

Except with a character who is also low leveled...

Yea, This is what i mean if people didn't understand the description.

If your a higher level than somebody you kill, You will get Less EXP (Barely any at all. I don't know if The Gap Between Levels will affect EXP Gain Either). If your going for a good EXP Rank, You may want to promote your units late... Very late...

Edited by *Narshen*

How so? The only difference is that the main lord is superior, but then that means Hector promotes later. Fairly sure enemy stats are higher in HNM compared to ENM as well, and the HNM-exclusive chapters can be tricky.

Hector mode has more chapters, which means more experience for your units

Also there are two units that you can only get in Hector Mode. But it sounds like they both suck.

One of them doesn't suck, she just comes really late. Plus, she's expensive to recruit.

The other one is certainly usable, but she sucks compared to everyone else at that point. Plus, her growths don't help her.

One of them doesn't suck, she just comes really late. Plus, she's expensive to recruit.

Well, I'm personally not convinced. I have a rather negative view of the fliers in FE7 because I feel they're made obsolete by :Florina:.