FE8 Reskin SS200

Kuru

So I had to cancel the other project due to me losing one of my hands. Wait, he/she was the only helper I had, then again I didn't get much help.

Oh, but that's alright. He/She will be back one day, maybe...

Anywho, I have to move on. I have decided to start a new project on my own, something that I might be able to finish in a month or two, or three, or ASAP, and surely something that will allow me to show you all what I can do. I can't do much, but it'll be alright, ha ha ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Edit------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I have removed the old text of this post, which in my opinion was not even helpful to anyone. Now I will keep some things in spoilers, just to keep this post neat and organized. Some of the spoilers are actually not spoilers, just so you know. For instance, in the first spoiler [PROGRESS] you will see what I am currently working on, how the project is coming, what I have finished, etc. The other spoilers will be quite the same, dealing with keeping some info neatly organized. The ones you should worry about, if you don't like SPOILERS, is the story and/or Characters spoilers. There you will find info for those two things. Anyway, just visit whichever areas you feel like visiting, but the first one will be where I will be updating how the project is coming. ~Terminator

PROGRESS

It's been like a month or so since I began this project, this SS reskin. Honestly, I had been wanting to do something like this for a while, but I never tried it since I thought I would fail big time at it. After going for it, things are not looking bad at all. I've managed to finish some things, but there is still work to do. Here is a list of what is done and also what I still need to work on.

DONE

--Organized the party till the chapter that the Tower of Valni appears. (Remember I said I would only work the Reskin to that part and see how things went) This means I don't have anything solid for the rest of the characters that join after that, so that's not in my view yet. But if everything goes well and I manage to sprite some more easy splices for those characters, I will hit the homerun and go all the way.

--Inserted Character Portraits

--Worked with Nightmare and managed to change the character classes and some stats and items. (Still not completely done with this, though)

--I've managed to recolor most of the battle sprites for the characters. Some I will not recolor, as I like how they look.

--I inserted some battle animations from FE7. Not many, but I did. I might add more later.

STILL TO DO LIST

--Finish 100% with the character stats/Growths/items

--Finish 100% with the recolored palettes. (I only have several to go)

--I still need to edit monster classes within chapters. Easy to do, but it will take some time. XD

--Work the story out. That means I will have to edit some stuff if I am to introduce my own story or just keep the SS200 I have planned. This will take me a few days, maybe weeks. In fact, it's the most troublesome for me, just because of all the text and editing. I still don't know if I will touch the supports, but I probably will. (If you have supports for me to use for your characters, just pm me the text and I will add it)

--Once the story is out of the way, I've yet to make sure the game runs smooth throughout Eirika's playthrough from chapter 1-10/11 I think.

--Create and release patch. Frankly I have no idea if this will be hard or not. I haven't even checked that info yet. But I will when it comes to that.

I think that's it for now, but I might add some stuff later on. If not that, I will surely be editing this area constantly, so check often if you wanna see how the project is going. :)

Wanna join? Check the following list out. If there are characters that are not taken, I might let you have one. Just let me know.

Charaters Taken **List can change any given time**

Eirika (Polaris)
Ephraim
Seth
Franz
Colm (Forged Thoron) Fenricc
Neimi (Forged Thoron) Risa
Garcia
Ross (Gabethegreen) Gabe
Kyle (RandomSwordmaster) Bale
Forde
Myrrh
Lyon (Fateborn) Nadhir
Vanessa (Dragoncat) Rene
Moulder (Mc_Trollface) Stephano
Gilliam
Natasha (Willie11111) Melvina
Joshua (Willie11111) Willie
Artur (AwesomeSauce) Rusty
Lute (Whitewolf8) Eve
Tana
Ewan
L'Arachel
Dozla
Rennac
Saleh
Amelia
Knoll
Gerrik
Tethys
Marisa
Innes
Syrene
How you can help? Well, I don't really need much help, I pretty much got this where I want it to. But I would appreciate it if you submitted mugs for me to use, or any other sort of stuff, such as animations, etc. Of course, if I use anything, credit will be given to you.
Things to still come:

Story

Still nothing, but soon enough

Character Data

Still nothing, but soon enough.

Screens

No screens yet, but those will come when I deem it ready to show stuff

Credits/Special Thanks

I will thank many of you, but for now this remains as is.

Edited by Polaris Queen Cassiopeia

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I be a character?

Name: Willie

Class: 1) Sage 2) Mage 3) Bishop (In order of preferance)

Items: Elfire, Elixir (3), Mend (if Sage or Bishop)

Mug: I'll attempt to make a good one, but I'm bad at spriting. If I don't submit one, you can recolor one.

Thanks, and your hack sounds really cool!

So basically your Awakening fic in Elibe?

Haha, I'd have a hard time coming up with a good plot on the fly too...I have no Elibe OCs but you may convert Rene so she fits.

Could I be a character?

Name: Willie

Class: 1) Sage 2) Mage 3) Bishop (In order of preferance)

Items: Elfire, Elixir (3), Mend (if Sage or Bishop)

Mug: I'll attempt to make a good one, but I'm bad at spriting. If I don't submit one, you can recolor one.

Thanks, and your hack sounds really cool!

Yeah sure you can. Alright, accepted, but if you do get that character mug finished, hand it in ASAP because I am already starting on it. And if you want a recolor, let me know what colors and which mug.

So basically your Awakening fic in Elibe?

Haha, I'd have a hard time coming up with a good plot on the fly too...I have no Elibe OCs but you may convert Rene so she fits.

No, this is different than my Awakening fic. lolz It's not much in story, but I just want to finish something. And sure, thanks for allowing Rene to be in this thing. She's a Wyvern lord, just so others know that.

Btw, I have been spriting a few characters these past two hours. Nothing good but at least I will have some of my own made mugs in it. One is a ninja-like girl, the other one is Anna without the hand near her chin. XD I dunno if Anna will be the character, I might just recolor her hair or something. Then I have a recolor of Vaida. I'll post the mugs when I have all main characters submitted.

There are 4 spots still opened. Submit a character if you want to be part of this. One character per person, btw. If more empty character spots become available, I will surely let you all know.

CAST

Main Character: Still Unknown

Wyvern Rider: Rene (Dragoncat)

Mage: Willie (Willie11111)

----

----

----

----

Okay, so I came up with this: drcf8x.jpg

I can go darker with the hair still if you don't like that color. It's Karla's tone I gave him.

--Edit--

After thinking about some stuff, I decided to go with a FE8 reskin. It will still feature some of the story that I previously spoke about...you know, the Summoner being a meanie and raising the undead to cause trouble. I'll figure out stuff as I go. For now, more spots have become opened, so if you wanna submit more characters to replace the default team, submit them here. Yes, you can submit two or three if you want, as I doubt many peeps will submit. :P

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Wow that looks great, thanks!

Also, for some reason, I like fe8 more than fe7. I like the tower and the lords much better. I can't wait to play! (And I may submit another character...)

Yeah, I like how you can use the tower and the ruins to train your characters. But I just thought that having all the monsters already there would facilitate work on me, that's why. Today I've been thinking things over, though. Well, I'm good with just a reskin and some changed story, but I also feel as if making a custom hack is better, even if it takes me a while longer. I'm doing some work but it is safe to say I am thinking things over. I'll decide soon enough, though.

May i also be a character?

Name: Gabe

Class: archer -->sniper

Items: iron bow , steel bow, vulnerary

Mug: the one im using right now

This sounds like an interesting hack and i would gladly play it when i get a new computer

have something :p

Name: ???(Idk, come up with something?)

Class: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Items: Shamshir or Killing Edge(or whatever you wanna rename it to), Speedwing(or whatever you want to rename it to), Vulnerary(or renamed item w/ same effect)

Mug: (idk, do a splice or reskin of something?)

Growths: (You can use this, or balance as you see fit)

HP: 70

STR: 50

SKL: 80

SPD: 80

DEF: 30

RES: 40

LCK: 60

May i also be a character?

Name: Gabe

Class: archer -->sniper

Items: iron bow , steel bow, vulnerary

Mug: the one im using right now

This sounds like an interesting hack and i would gladly play it when i get a new computer

If you want me to use that mug please send me the blinking and talking frames.

have something :p

Name: ???(Idk, come up with something?)

Class: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Items: Shamshir or Killing Edge(or whatever you wanna rename it to), Speedwing(or whatever you want to rename it to), Vulnerary(or renamed item w/ same effect)

Mug: (idk, do a splice or reskin of something?)

Growths: (You can use this, or balance as you see fit)

HP: 70

STR: 50

SKL: 80

SPD: 80

DEF: 30

RES: 40

LCK: 60

You submit a nameless character? I don't see the point since you submitted all the other info. So I guess I am free to come up with something, even his or her gender. Aight, guess that works.

I still don't have much to show, but I'm working on it. Soon I will show some screens, perhaps when I post again.

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Oh i dont have blinking or talking frames this is just a mug my friend made me. Sry i didnt think about that

Ok, I thought you had them. I think I know whose eyes those are...so lemme see if I can make them. I will edit this post and add a pic if I do get them to work. (Gonna work on it now)

And I did say I would post some screens/images when I posted next, but I still have nothing good to show. I'm getting there, though. So yeah, excuse me for that. I will post some images soon enough, though.

--Edit--Never mind, the mug has too many different pixel colors and I don't have the time to make it into 16. Either choose a mug from an existing character or something, or send me an image of it with 16-color.

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Ok ill try to find something thats already made because i cant make anything on this ipad. Also i Know nothing of the technical bits so idk if what ill find is what you can use so sry in advance if i mess this up

Edited by gabethegreen

Ok ill try to find something thats already made because i cant make anything on this ipad. Also i Know nothing of the technical bits so idk if what ill find is what you can use so sry in advance if i mess this up

You can just tell me which existing character you'd like recolored for your character. I can do some basic splicing, but we'll see. Just tell me what character you like and I will take care of recoloring and perhaps splicing it some so it is somewhat different.

And no, folks. Sorry, no screens to show yet. I got busy with some other things (been spriting some characters) :P But yeah, I am working on it as you can see. Soon I will post some screens for you to see and perhaps comment on them. Commenting helps since you can suggest things that might be wrong or stupid, then I can change whatever you think doesn't suit the story/characters. Anyway...I'll be updating soon.

Yeah that would be cool if it isnt to much trouble.

Naw, this took me around ten minutes to do. It's not much, but I hope you like it. If you don't like the clothing or color I chose, lemme know and I will see if I can change it to your liking; those are just the random colors I chose for him.

Well, I will be working on the intro chapter this day. Hopefully I will have some screens later today.

post-12650-0-30741900-1420913066.png

It looks nice and i hope the hack goes well. I wont get a new computer to try it till march at the earliest

I am glad you liked it. Hopefully by then the project will be in its final stages. I'm working on it, but I do have other stuff to work on as well.

Update

Here is the list of submitted characters and their classes so far:

Willie/Mage

Rene/Wyvern Rider

Gabe/Archer

????/Myrmidon

I can work with them and the ones I will use by default, so right now the group is not that big, and I like that. However, if it interests anyone, the main villain spot is opened in case anyone wants it...anyone who hasn't submitted a character, that is. :P Just post a character if you want to give it a go and I we'll see if it seems good enough to replace my own bad guy.

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Sure I'll go for main villain.

I'd like a bit more details on the main villain for me to sprite and submit though. PM me if you don't want to spoiler it.

Unless you're totally fine with me creating the original.

Edited by Fateborn

Sure I'll go for main villain.

I'd like a bit more details on the main villain for me to sprite and submit though. PM me if you don't want to spoiler it.

Unless you're totally fine with me creating the original.

Heck, if you are spriting it, I can let you have the position. :D What you need to be aware of is that I am looking for a summoner as the evil character. The summoner can be male or female, makes no difference to me. So, if you still want that spot, just sprite the mug and submit the info. All you basically need to detail out are his/her items, age, gender, etc. stuff like that.

So a person that raise or create things.

Gotcha. I can totally hit the evil but the robe... Ugh I hate robe.

He/She doesn't have to have a robe, you know? How would it be best for you to make him/her? With armor or normal clothing, or the robe? I don't mind, really. And how long are we talking in terms of days for you to have him/her finished? Just wondering, that's all.