Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

UPDATE:

-OP updated.

-Items list updated.

-Force tome series countering rules amended.

-Thief upgrade 2 changed from extra item slot to EP immunity following a theft.

-Monk skill and upgrades overhauled(skill sealing replaced with stun counters and stat reduction upgrades).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stun counter functions like a regular counter during pvp or arena matches would. It comes before the second attack if the enemy doubles, but after all vantage attacks and the second brave attack. And yeah, it's your hit+1d6.

Oh, one other thing I just thought of. Does it supplement or replace their regular counter? Because if they attack back and stun I don't know what I'll do.

Enemies (and PCs in arena fights and such) deal damage and stun. PCs countering do not deal damage.

So this long after the nerf to Dual Knives I noticed something. Was messing around with numbers, and the only difference between them and the Combat Knife, the doubling requirement, doesn't really do much. Nothing worth the 40 extra points over combat knives anyway and they're 40 points more than Stilettos that have the same doubling requirement and are ranged.

I'll throw some numbers at ya

Got 15 speed? Who can you double?

CK 10

DK 11

Stilettos 11 at range

20 speed? We got you too.

CK 13

DK 15

Stilettos 15 at raaaaange

That extra attack was the only advantage it had over the 60 point stilettos, and dual knives are tier 4. I think they need a minor buff. Maybe a damage increase from combat knives or something, maybe crits, I dunno. I'll let you guys know if I think of something, but they do need something.

EDIT: Forgot to note, Stilettos are the upgrade to Throwing Knives that have the same MT as both the CK and DK. I think they should cost, like, 20 more points. A CK with range and better doubling for the same price as a CK is kind of silly. They're not really tier 4 material though.

Edited by roymbrog

Thankfully I never have to worry about being nerfed. Hooray for Light magic and healing staves!!!

Recover staves actually got nerfed a while back. I mean sure ^_^

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'm in the middle of an update, but the OP's at its character limit again so I'm going to have to move some nonessentials and delete any outdated entries. My chapter reply tab is up(related to the update) but don't expect any rp posts from me for at least a few more hours while I sort this out.

UPDATE:

-OP updated: removed some outdated entries, compressed things where possible, added a couple of links, underlined various headers for visual aid, and changed the way unlocked items are displayed(from now on, there will be nothing but the item's name and its price; for the items actual information, you'll have to go to the complete list and look the item up.). Everything nonhuman related will be linked to an article in useful notes or somewhere in my profile (avians, fallen, dragons, vasili) to save space.

Items list updated.

-Dual Knives' doubling/tripling requirements amended. (100%/200% AS respectively).

-Price for upgrade to stiletto changed from 20 points to 30 points (effective stiletto cost is now 70 points).

-Bladeshield and Spellshield series weapons and tomes added(comparable to composite/synthetic series).

You're cruel as always CynCyn. T___T That's one more thing I like about you though ;)

Hmm... I've caught up so I guess I could start a small convo.... is Lia still around?

She's around when Ether is.

UPDATE:

-OP updated.

-Items list updated.

-Magician class skill amended.

Counterspells come at the start of combat and rely on an attack roll for accuracy. Upgrade 2 changed from speed nerf to automatic counterspell hit.

-Switch Books added(gear allows end-turn weapon switching).

-Rod counter specifics clarified.

-Rifle and Blunderbuss reinstatement costs lowered to 10 points. Rods and flintlock pistols lowered to 5.

She's around when Ether is.

UPDATE:

-OP updated.

-Items list updated.

-Magician class skill amended.

Counterspells come at the start of combat and rely on an attack roll for accuracy. Upgrade 2 changed from speed nerf to automatic counterspell hit.

-Switch Books added(gear allows end-turn weapon switching).

-Rod counter specifics clarified.

-Rifle and Blunderbuss reinstatement costs lowered to 10 points. Rods and flintlock pistols lowered to 5.

You little... bird I cannot hate.

Counterspells now occur first then? This will be useful for any of our people who specialize in Counter spells AKA Grant.... so why do I have the feeling the map is going to be littered with enemy Magicians?

Also I REALLY have to tell Chelsea to get her ass off the parking gear.

All right ladies and germs here we go it's battle time. Recommendations for what to do you ask? Never fear the team of Snike and Eail are here!

Zach can cleanly kill the Wyvern rider if he uses Overcast-SKILL

Blake can straight up kill the Fighter

Synthia should deal with the Soldier on that team with Overcast

I'd say that Veronika and Gar respectively deal with the Bard and Monk

Whoever cares to risk it can go after the Warlock but Robin should certainly attack him. Otherwise I have no recommendations aside from a unit that can survive PAIN

All right ladies and germs here we go it's battle time. Recommendations for what to do you ask? Never fear the team of Snike and Eail are here!

Zach can cleanly kill the Wyvern rider if he uses Overcast-SKILL

Blake can straight up kill the Fighter

Synthia should deal with the Soldier on that team with Overcast

I'd say that Veronika and Gar respectively deal with the Bard and Monk

Whoever cares to risk it can go after the Warlock but Robin should certainly attack him. Otherwise I have no recommendations aside from a unit that can survive PAIN

Synthia needs to be defended because she otherwise eats at least 1/2 of her health from the precise. Just checked the stats right now, so even non-overcast defended by a unit with 5 might or more can spell doom for the loldier.

I disagree with V & G respectively hitting the bard and the monk, both units double it so shouldn't it be Veronika who hits the monk for a clean orko while we see what Gar can do on the bard?

Aside from those I already suggested the other ones.

WRT the warlock we could also have at least one gunshot before someone else engages it.