So Which Amiibo That Haven't Been Released Will Be High/Low Stocked?

Randoman

So regarding amiibo figures of SSB4 characters that haven't been released yet, which ones that haven't been released yet do you think will be in high stock and which ones do you think will be in low stock? Also, do you think that any playable SSB4 characters won't get amiibo figures?

Among the characters that haven't been released yet, I feel Bowser and Wario are the only ones that are guaranteed to be high stocked, Toon Link, Sonic, Charizard, and Bowser Jr. have a decent chance at being high stocked, while the rest will be low stocked. I mean, if Marth and Pit were low stocked despite being the leads/main mascots of their series, I doubt that other characters from those series will get amiibo.

Also, I'm kind of doubtful that Mii Fighters and DLC characters will get amiibo figures. Mii Fighters are way too customizable and ambiguous to be feasibly made into amiibo and DLC characters would get complicated for those who haven't bought the character.

Yeah, I'm thinking Ike will be low-stocked too because Marth was. I think he's a little more popular out west than Marth though, so who knows.

I think Toon Link will be high-stocked. He's been in more Zelda games than regular Link and is loved all over the world. Bowser should be high-stocked as well. Charizard probably will too. The rest, probably not.

In terms of Wave 3 for what I think:

Lucario - NA will be rare
Rosalina and Luma - NA will be rare
Bowser - Common
Toon Link - Common
Sheik - Common
Ike - NA will be rare
Meta Knight - Medium to rare in NA
King Dedede - Common
Shulk - Extremely rare in NA
Sonic - Common
Mega Man - Common
Edited by kingddd

Also, I'm kind of doubtful that Mii Fighters and DLC characters will get amiibo figures. Mii Fighters are way too customizable and ambiguous to be feasibly made into amiibo and DLC characters would get complicated for those who haven't bought the character.

At E3 Miyamoto actually talked about Miis getting their own amiibos down the line, so I wouldn't write them off yet. As for DLC characters, I imagine that they could always have the game programmed to recognize the amiibo and redeem the character automatically, sort of like how Hyrule Warriors gives you the spinner when you scan in Link. They already got your money with the amiibo, so I don't think it would be a big deal.

Shulk is already sold out for preorder and Ike is probably going to be like Marth which is why I preordered him. Toon Link and Shiek will probably have more then one run, but it will probably be a month after the first run. As to any other FE amiibos that get released in future waves they will be rare and I will be preordering them like I did Ike because I learned my lesson with Marth and am very glad Target had one when I went.

So regarding amiibo figures of SSB4 characters that haven't been released yet, which ones that haven't been released yet do you think will be in high stock and which ones do you think will be in low stock? Also, do you think that any playable SSB4 characters won't get amiibo figures?

Among the characters that haven't been released yet, I feel Bowser and Wario are the only ones that are guaranteed to be high stocked, Toon Link, Sonic, Charizard, and Bowser Jr. have a decent chance at being high stocked, while the rest will be low stocked. I mean, if Marth and Pit were low stocked despite being the leads/main mascots of their series, I doubt that other characters from those series will get amiibo.

For Wave 3:

Ike

Lucario

Rosalina

Shulk

Meta Knight

Ike is niche as all hell but a popular character in smash so he will be the "Marth" of this wave. The bottom four are all store exclusives in the US so unless you preordered they'll be hell to find

Everyone else

Robin and Lucina: Probably not as bad as Ike and Marth because of the popularity of Awakening probably resulting in higher numbers but still relatively hard to find.

Ness: This one will be the definition of hell for collectors. Not only is Earthbound not as supported by Ninty but he's popular enough to have high demand and for completionists sake probably the crown jewel in alot of collections

Dark Pit: Pretty much same problem as Pit

Palutena: See above

Gannondorf: Not as bad as most the others mentioned but I could see it selling out quick

Olimar: See the reasons for Ness good god

Dr. Mario: I could see this one being relatively hard to find.

Edited by TacoMan42

I'm not sure if Dedede will be common or not, if I had to guess I would say he would be more uncommon (maybe like Fox who was fairly easy to find at first, but has become more elusive)

Dedede will probably be tricky to get but not impossible. Shulk is gonna be like, next to impossible to get. Im so glad i preordered him. Rosalina is gonna be tough too being an exclusive. However, Target tends to carry stuff exclusive to them for a good while. But she will probably be hella hard to get anyway because of demand. MetaKnight will be a pain...I expect to see lots of MetaKnight ebay battles. Ike will be low stocked, definitely. I keep forgetting about Lucario.

Toon Link and Sheik are gonna be pretty everywhere i think. I wanna get Toon Link for my niece!)

Ness

RIGHT? Ness gunna be hard to get. :U Im not anticipating getting him because he'll be a pain. But...you never know....He might get a lot. But i feel like hes gonna have Villager Syndrome. :(:

Robin and Lucina are gonna be trouble to nab. Better preorder those when they are announced. I want a Palutena but shes also probably going to be low stocked. I feel like Wario is gonna have plenty stock and i feel like Charizard will too. Jigglypuff however....

Ganny should be well stocked too. Zelda characters dont seem to have issues.

My nightmare. My nightmare made real will be DUCK HUNT. Getting a Duck Hunt amiibo....rip in rip...

Shulk is gonna be Satan to get, most likely.

I've seen rumors about how Gamestop is intentionally going to hold back stock on Shulk Amiibos (only giving them to those who preordered them and keeping the rest) and selling them later as "used" with marked up prices.

I don't know if this is true or not (they've done the same thing with the actual Xenoblade game and I don't know if it's just someone saying the same'll happen or not) but we'll see.

Shulk is gonna be Satan to get, most likely.

I've seen rumors about how Gamestop is intentionally going to hold back stock on Shulk Amiibos (only giving them to those who preordered them and keeping the rest) and selling them later as "used" with marked up prices.

I don't know if this is true or not (they've done the same thing with the actual Xenoblade game and I don't know if it's just someone saying the same'll happen or not) but we'll see.

Thats rubbish. The only thing i see happening, is them only gathering enough Shulks for preorders and then having very low stock of any non-preorders. I dont know what you are talking about with "used" Xenoblade copies since ive never ever seen that.

What you are correct about, is Shulk is going to be a nightmare for people to get.