"Assist the red army?"

BlueLeafeon

"Red army"? That sounds... communist.

Anyway, assumng that you're talking about Pagalogue 13, siding with either the red or green army means you will have to fight the other team together with their reinforcement that you don't see in the preparation screen.

Helping either side also means two of the villages will close before the battle begins. So if you want to visit them all for their rewards, you should choose to fight with both sides.

If you don't care about reward or experience, go ahead and assist the red army. This makes protecting Yarne easier.

Trivia: If you choose to help the red army, they'll turn green and the green team will turn red. You're not going to actually fight green units or help red units in-game. I was disappointed when I found this out myself, because otherwise this would mark the only instance of having red units that you cannot fight against. (Fighting green units did occur before in FE5. Green units are closer to being "neutral" units than allies there.)

I'm just wondering if this prompt actually changes anything. If so, what are the pros and cons of each choice?

Actually it does. For that chapter, you have to choose to either side with the army in the village (composed of heavy armored units) or the ones in the forest (composed of various mounted units), or fight both.

Whichever team(s) are your enemies will deploy extra reinforcements when the battle begins, and fighting both armies at the same time is a massive step up in difficulty - but obviously lets you get a huge amount more EXP. In addition, of the four villages, two are linked to each army - you can only visit all four if you fight both armies.

Finally, Yarne is part of the 'red' army, so whether you're allied or fighting them will have an effect on how he acts and whether or not you're going to have to work around the possibility of him impaling himself on your weapons like the usual recruitable enemy problem.

"Red army"? That sounds... communist.

Blame the game, not me. XD

So choosing to fight both sides will resort in being able to visit all four villages, correct? Does this mean I get a reward after the chapter ends as well?

^I tried that but on Lunatic Classic

I'll warn you now 48/50 of the enemies aggro on the first turn. All at once. And it only takes 2-3 hits for you to die, even paired up, especially with forged Thoron tomes and the such. Fliers are screwed as well due to bow knights and rexcalibur tomes.

Also, the top left house gave me a beast killer and the top right house gave me a dracoshield. Anyone know what the other ones give? IIRC I made the knights my reinforcement because beating both seemed impossible without an end-game team and I wanted to recruit Yarne somewhat easily.

Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't get money at the end of the chapter.

Thanks~

^I tried that but on Lunatic Classic

I'll warn you now 48/50 of the enemies aggro on the first turn. All at once. And it only takes 2-3 hits for you to die, even paired up, especially with forged Thoron tomes and the such. Fliers are screwed as well due to bow knights and rexcalibur tomes.

Also, the top left house gave me a beast killer and the top right house gave me a dracoshield. Anyone know what the other ones give? IIRC I made the knights my reinforcement because beating both seemed impossible without an end-game team and I wanted to recruit Yarne somewhat easily.

Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't get money at the end of the chapter.

Thanks~

You get an Energy Drop and a Hammer from the other villages. So you get a stat boost, and a weapon that's effective against the other side.

Also, personally, if I ever try Lunatic, I'll just go with the Knights. An extra stat boost, slaying weapon, and bit of gold is kinda irrelevent with that difficulty.