Reclassing and classes

Hatari

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there was any real point to reclassing.

Some units seem to take a massive stat hit and it seems that most don't do as well once they reclass.

(I've played around with reclassing a little bit, since I really don't like fighters...most are now mercenaries or hunters, but generally I've left them as they are)

What do you think is the most powerful unpromoted class?

Mercenaries, Cavilers, Hunters seems extremely strong to me.

Mages too.

Dark Mages, I have no idea why there are here since there is no specific dark magic in this game.

As for promoted classes, Dragoknights seem to be extremely strong and Paladins seems to have more res than normal too.

Reclassing is there to make units better, make a unit usable, and speed level.

Examples of making a unit better: Making Sheeda/Cadea a mage makes her better since she has a higher magic growth than strength or another example is if Oguma/Ogma is lacking strength in your run you can reclass him to a fighter to help his strength (since he has 60% to gain strength as a fighter compared to 40% as a merc)

Examples of making a unit usable: Dolph who joins late and has a hard time leveling up if kept in his default class, but he can be usable if he reclasses to a hunter so he can get some kills with range attacks and has a higher speed growth then when he promotes he can go back to a general or Doga/Draug who is poor if he's being used for his default class you can reclass him into a pirate which turns him into a glass cannon (units who deal alot of damage but are frail)

Exmaple of speed level: Merric can level faster and promote faster if he reclasses into a curate (since people are always going to be hit and curates gain more exp) then after promotion he goes back into a sage, and also going into a curate helps his speed and defense.

Reclassing a certain duo of prepromoted characters makes the hardest difficulty in the game easy >_>.

Best unpromoted class seems to be Mercenary while the best promoted class would have to be Hero or General (not taking Wi-fi into account).

Anyway, some characters become really good with some class changing, in H5, the likes of Abel and Cain would prefer to go Sniper after promotion for better ranged damage and slightly better speed and +20% SPD growth which helps since SPD matters in H5 and the late enemies carry Brave weapons.

Ah, yeah I noticed that about healers....All of healers are currently level 20 (though I only promoted one of them), so basically I'm playing with no healers right now.

I'm kinda surprised that healers have better defense than mages...maybe I'll change a mage into a healer and work that way.

Thanks

The point to reclassing is to make a class change system similiar to Gaiden and Sacred Stones that's expanded to cover every class and actually balanced.

Which I think they did a really, really, really good job at.

At the moment, it's helping me to level up random characters by making them healers and then Arena abusing another character.

It also seems to help to level out a person's statistics. Merric was a healer, then promoted and made him a Paladin and his stats are pretty even.

Sure, I'll post Merric's Stats once I finish Chapter 11 on my other file.

I started a second file to boss/arena abuse characters since I didn't do that the first time around (the file where Merric Paladin is).

Errr, any one know the max amount of money you can have. since I'm getting tons from all of the arena abuse I'm doing.

Stats for Level 2 Paladin Merric

HP 39

Str 7

Mag 7

Skill 16

Spd 18

Lck 17

Def 12

Res 13

Considering the max stats for a Paladin are:

60 25 21 28 25 25 30 25

I don't think that that is too bad, since he still has tons of levels to go, granted his str is kinda weak, but energy drops will help, plus don't paladin's have decent str growth?

Edited by Hatari

Merric has a 15% STR growth as a Paladin. Unless you Save abuse or get extremely lucky, his strength won't grow much more. Make him a Sage, where he atleast has a 30% MAG growth.

Max amount of money is 999999. You would only need that ammount of money if you are making a Wi-Fi team. The game throws enough money at you to make it through a non Wi-Fi playthrough.

Ah, cool...thanks about the money tip.

As for Merric, I might leave him be right now, this playthrough is just for fun anyhow...and I haven't reached the secret shops yet, where there are energy drops, so I could use those on him if I wanted to.

Ah, thanks, but for this second playthrough, I'm not going to reclass at all. My next playthrough I more than likely will, since I want to try to get a team together to play WiFi. I might use the non-reclassed team for a while, since some of them are decent too.

Do you think it's better to have even stats for characters, even if the stats aren't as high as they could be, or is it better to specialize characters.

Either way, I kinda want def/res to be decently high and even...so they don't have an obvious weakness, but I need to figure out how to do that.

Edited by Hatari

Shiida is not a good example for reclass. For a long time most tier players/debaters/whatever were under the impression Mage was a good idea, but then we went back testing Peg more and found it was much cooler because of how powerful a broken Wing Spear is.

Reclass has the following main uses:

- put promoted Class A/Female people to Sniper to allow them to double, not take a counter and have at least C bows

- put Class A/Female people to Cleric/Priest/Bishop/Sage to allow them to heal. mostly for Merric when he doesn't benefit a lot from using Excalibur during that map.

- put Class B people into either offense (Hunter, Fighter, Warrior, Hero, Berserker) or defense (General) modes. Usually offense is better.

That's really the largest extend to it, other than things like swapping back and forth between Paladin and Dracoknight for Cavs/Shiida depending on whether they want axes/swords, be able to fly or be able to take a hit from a bow, etc.

Some classes are really mostly useless, especially in H5. Mercenary and Myrmidon, for example, have no real use since the weapon triangle mechanics and representations are so poorly balanced. Horseman would be a cool class, but its bases are horrid and it's locked to either 1-range or 2-range (no Javelins, Hand Axes or magic). Knight has issues with literally everything except str/def, which means issues doubling and keeping up.

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of enemies are carrying lances in NM...I wonder why they made swords so unbalanced.

But, they do have the amourslayer...which is really useful and the levin sword.

Edited by Hatari

Every weapon has two out of the three slayer types (horse, armor, draco), but I'd say swords got the shortest straw even here. Cavaliers are more common in any stage of the game than Knights or the dragon-like enemies, except for the very lategame where lots of Mamkutes pop up. And effective might is tripled, which means their inherent lower Mt pales even more compared to the lance and axe counterparts now. Need much more might to get to OHKO levels, and if they don't do that, these sword users are going to eat counters more often.

Levin Sword is pretty useless. It has only 6 mt (1 more than Iron Sword), you only get two of them until Ch18 sells 'em, and while they hit on the lower res of the enemy, they also use your character's mag, both of which are going to be about equally shitty. So you're looking at doing about 6 damage per hit at most.

Every weapon has two out of the three slayer types (horse, armor, draco), but I'd say swords got the shortest straw even here. Cavaliers are more common in any stage of the game than Knights or the dragon-like enemies, except for the very lategame where lots of Mamkutes pop up. And effective might is tripled, which means their inherent lower Mt pales even more compared to the lance and axe counterparts now. Need much more might to get to OHKO levels, and if they don't do that, these sword users are going to eat counters more often.

Levin Sword is pretty useless. It has only 6 mt (1 more than Iron Sword), you only get two of them until Ch18 sells 'em, and while they hit on the lower res of the enemy, they also use your character's mag, both of which are going to be about equally shitty. So you're looking at doing about 6 damage per hit at most.

Lol, levin swords are good for leveling esp. with the low damage, or when I change Merric into a pally. (haha, sorry, couldn't resist, but the idea of a pally that has decent def and res for some reason appeals to me)

Since when did doing shitty damage correspond to gaining high EXP?

You get more exp for 3-4 rounding an enemy than you do for 1-2 rounding it, although it has to be a stationary enemy, which are somewhat rare in this game. Well, it doesn't have to be stationary if your character is good enough.

Since when did doing shitty damage correspond to gaining high EXP?

You get more exp for 3-4 rounding an enemy than you do for 1-2 rounding it, although it has to be a stationary enemy, which are somewhat rare in this game. Well, it doesn't have to be stationary if your character is good enough.

Bosses are stationary and have their own recovery, so it's a great way to level. I usually do level 10 boss Tier 1 then arena the rest of the way.