Class path for lords and promotion in general

Hi, this is my first post outside of the introductions forums :)

I'm at chapter 16 on my first playthrough.

I promoted Chrom and Lucina at level 20 to Great Lords. Now I realized that I should've chosen the myrmidon -> SM -> Great Lord path.

They are both level 5 Great Lords. Should I still reclass them now and follow the path I mentioned above? I wouldn't mind grinding and because of the DLC I have enough money for all the seals... But it's possible to make them Great Lords again after being Swordmasters, right?

Also: Doesn't it make sense at all to reach level 20 with an unpromoted class if I'm gonna reclass them at level 15 of the promoted class anyway? I don't know that much about stat caps ;)

Thanks in advance :)

On lunatic I made my Chrom a 20 lord-> 20 Cavailer -> 20 paladin -> great lord. He had 3 or 4 stats capped as a 20 Cavailer but I think it was worth it for discipline and faster level ups due to being unprompted. Also Chrom can't be a Myrmadon

In my first playthrough (Hard mode) I never re-classed either.

In my next two (Lunatic), I took Chrom Lord -> Cavalier -> Paladin -> Great Lord, and it worked fine for me; Aegis is great, especially with Rightful King.

For Lucina, who's her mother? If it's Sully, Olivia, or FemAvatar, she has access to Myrmidon. Did you pass down Galeforce (from anyone but Sully or Village Girl)? If Sumia, Aegis/Pavise (Paladin & General) are good.

Thanks for your answers :)

I guess I was wrong with my class path planning. I didn't know that Chrom can't be a myrmidon and Lucina not in every case.
Her mother is Sumia so I don't even have the chance to chose the path I wanted.

I would recommend getting Rightful King before reclassing, at this point. Using a second seal will reduce your experience gain, and repeated use will make it very difficult to level them.

• 5 years later...

You guys said 20 lord-> 20 Cavailer -> 20 paladin -> great lord so I finally got him level 20  he starts off as lord already when I first got him so him being at lord 20 now I reclass back to lord? Now or does it mean I go cavailer then paladin then great lord? Just confused because  hes lord 20 now do I go lord to lord or just promote to cavailer now? I know it's super confusing to ask like hes already started out as lord so I dont need to bring him back to lord again right?? I'm just trying to get better understanding

Edited by K20MINH
Better way of asking question then before

10 hours ago, K20MINH said:

You guys said 20 lord-> 20 Cavailer -> 20 paladin -> great lord so I finally got him level 20  he starts off as lord already when I first got him so him being at lord 20 now I reclass back to lord? Now or does it mean I go cavailer then paladin then great lord? Just confused because  hes lord 20 now do I go lord to lord or just promote to cavailer now? I know it's super confusing to ask like hes already started out as lord so I dont need to bring him back to lord again right?? I'm just trying to get better understanding

If you got to level 20 lord, then you should second seal to cavalier. Then, once you level 20 cavalier, promote to Paladin. Get to at least level 15 paladin, then second seal back to Great Lord. No need to make him a regular lord after becoming a cavalier.

On 4/5/2013 at 12:44 PM, Kelthanas said:

They are both level 5 Great Lords. Should I still reclass them now and follow the path I mentioned above? I wouldn't mind grinding and because of the DLC I have enough money for all the seals... But it's possible to make them Great Lords again after being Swordmasters, right?

Also: Doesn't it make sense at all to reach level 20 with an unpromoted class if I'm gonna reclass them at level 15 of the promoted class anyway? I don't know that much about stat caps ;)

get them to lv15 before reclassing, their second class skill will help a bit more.

getting extra stats from leveling doesn't hurt either. then again, it all depends on you.

if you want powerful characters with maxed out stats, you'll be better off leveling all classes to 20. there's even a DLC that once completed will reward you a stats cap-increasing skill, in case you want some units to become truly godlike( Chrom with maxed out stats, Limit Breaker and Paired up with an S rank female is something unreal ).

otherwise, if you care only about skills, you might as well level the base class to 10, promote and level up to 15. rinse and repeat until you're satisfied with what you have.