FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

Spill the beans!! :)

There's a secret shop in that one map in which you face waves after waves of Nomads/Nomadic Troopers. Don't remember what number the chapter is but something around 20-22. Quite a tough map too with several sub bosses. It's just a bit to the north east of the tent you seize to end the chapter on a tile that actually does look completely out of place.

And there's another on chapter 25 on the tiny island just north west of the place you need to seize to clear the chapter. It's got fortify staves.

Edited by Vince777

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat it today. The final boss is way insane.

[spoiler=Final Boss details]It's a dragon with 37 attack that ignores defenses, and he has 37 defense and 27 res. Since all magic units in this hack are crap it came down to my Warriors with Basilikos and support bonuses. I actually wonder if it's possible to make it that far and wind up not being able to actually win because your units got bad levels. Which would be a real shame as the rest of the game is mostly designed very well. I think we've got a superb hack here.

yeah i dont get the story. did lyn die or something?

also raven's daughter is op af. harken's son seems really weak, is he the est? the prepromos have terrible bases for the time they join. they are a cut above the unpromoted enemy, but they only deal a little more damage and cannot double. the hero lady is good i guess.

Edited by jetbeamcantmeltsteelfuel

Um I have some questions about Fire Emblem 8 Green Patch. Is it true that I can only choose Eirika route after chapter 8, and I see there are 3 choices. Does anyone know what they are becos I can't read Kanji? And some of my unit has left, will I get them back later?

Edited by skywalker

Would there be any way of asking permission to translate this into english? It's not that hard in my opinion in FEditor

I've been playing more of 天地の剣, completed Chapter 4x and finishing Chapter 5 now. It's a very well done hack!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14799&page=18#entry3991079

yqtHicb.pngfhvvwWW.pngTc3odFC.png1F7Qx73.png

YBHc07L.pngQKHP1Zq.pngG8czYdn.png5OLRtZq.png

So far the level design is pretty good--a little cluttered in the first few chapters. The hack also throws a TON of units at you immediately, so you have a lot of selection, and the opening cast is based on the classic FE archetypes with Sacaen and Illian twists (you get Rostof and Grape as the Green/Red duo, a Nomad as the archer, Seeks as the armor, etc.).

The difficulty is pretty well made with a touch on the more difficult side compared to the vanilla games. A couple of the maps are also really well designed too--Chapter 4x involves your group planning an attack on a Bern supply caravan, and any of the wagons you can take you, you get their goods as they attempt to flee. Chapter 5 involves holding off the Bern invasion of Bulgar long enough for its citizens to retreat--and they actually leave the house and try and run away, more and more as the chapter progress and as Bern forces rapidly grow on the city walls. It's a neat aesthetic effect that feels just right.

The plot also seems pretty interesting, from what little I'm gathering. I think Lyn has been abducted by Bern forces, and Ilia's interested in helping prevent or mediate the invasion of Sacae by Bern. You play as members of the Lorca tribe, whereas Djute seems to be siding with Bern.

Definitely worth a try for anyone who wants a solid hack. It's also pretty conservative in what it does--the Green and FE_Girls patch add new features and become neat little spectacles of newness, whereas this hack is more interested in just making a very polished and recognizable tone that fits in right alongside FE7.

You can contact the hack author, whose information is in the readme. Next to that, you can always translate it regardless and leave credits and reference in your translation readme--general good practice is to include the original documents too.

You can contact the hack author, whose information is in the readme. Next to that, you can always translate it regardless and leave credits and reference in your translation readme--general good practice is to include the original documents too.

Okay, great! Also, I tried opening the rom with FEditor, but it didn't work. Is that because it is japanese? Is there a japanese FEditor?

FEditor is made for the (U) rom, so you're going to need more than FEditor to make a translation patch for it... unfortunately. I'm not even sure if a proper tool exists for Japanese modders to insert text: they might just do it all in a hex editor given the "do it yourself" nature of Eastern modding.

Edited by Alusq

Um I have some questions about Fire Emblem 8 Green Patch. Is it true that I can only choose Eirika route after chapter 8, and I see there are 3 choices. Does anyone know what they are becos I can't read Kanji? And some of my unit has left, will I get them back later?

Somebody answers me please.

FEditor is made for the (U) rom, so you're going to need more than FEditor to make a translation patch for it... unfortunately. I'm not even sure if a proper tool exists for Japanese modders to insert text: they might just do it all in a hex editor given the "do it yourself" nature of Eastern modding.

That's too bad. Oh well, guess I'll play the japanese version.

yeah i dont get the story. did lyn die or something?

also raven's daughter is op af. harken's son seems really weak, is he the est? the prepromos have terrible bases for the time they join. they are a cut above the unpromoted enemy, but they only deal a little more damage and cannot double. the hero lady is good i guess.

Lyn can die or survive depending on how you play the chapter she's in.

I thought the prepromotes were actually quite decent (besides Dorcas and the ally general) and the Jeigan you get in this game is definitely not that bad. They also seemingly all have pretty good growths from my experience.

Edited by Vince777

There is a text editor for jp rom released in 2008. You can edit text easily by it.

http://imgur.com/OXWCGMK

The big difference between it and FEA is that it compresses the edited text in the same way as the game does. It doesn't support to extract the whole text from the rom either.

Edited by MisakaMikoto

There is a text editor for jp rom released in 2008. You can edit text easily by it.

http://imgur.com/OXWCGMK

The big difference between it and FEA is that it compresses the edited text in the same way as the game does. It doesn't support to extract the whole text from the rom either.

I see; good to know.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but which one in the uploader is the Green Patch?

I've been looking all over and I can't seem to find it

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but which one in the uploader is the Green Patch?

I've been looking all over and I can't seem to find it

緑パッチ is what you're looking for: it should be at the top of page 2.