Elibean Nights

Arch

So I just started Eliwood's tale after beating Lyn's Tale(as well as the gaiden for that tale. Speaking of that...ARCHIBAAAAAAAAAAAAALD. You know why.) I'm digging the new map.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding out for a complete version of this before playing.

I'm patient.

You know what you're going to have in the final version, or is there currently no end to your EN plans yet?

You should make Lyn's class Lorcan Huntress Swordmaster Ranger Woman

No, it should be Vergil!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Elibian Nights. 8]

You know what you're going to have in the final version, or is there currently no end to your EN plans yet?

In the final version, I'll have 8 main tales (Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Pent, Raven, Karel, Zealot, Legault), 3 maybe 4 gaiden tales, and one last tale to cap things off in an epic fashion (and provide a nice segway to FE6). 20 achievements to get, and 17 pieces of unlockable bonus content.

That specific enough? :P:

Currently Raven's Tale is in progress, and the next three tales will be ports of existing code (so, in other words, they should go fast if I'm properly motivated). Then all that's left is the final tale and tying up loose ends. The end is in sight.

Edited by Arch

Got bored in the car today, so I coded this feature that I didn't really need. I was considering doing reinforcements from those stairways, but decided that this would be a much cooler way to let myself know that I can still code neat stuff.

Edited by Arch

Dat REPOS code

I thought of something similar but I couldn't implement it because of some quirks I couldn't figure out

First of all if they get danced they can wait on the tile, move, and then move again... a similar problem happens with being, say, rescued. Also, I didn't know what to do if say, an enemy unit tried to move on the staircase (EDIT: to clarify, I mean like, the staircase on the opposite side of the map--if they blocked that square, would your guy not spawn just like how you can stop enemy reinforcements from spawning? XDDD).

But it's innovative regardless so I congratulate you on implementing it! :D

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

I think blazer chose his name in an attempt to counteract his constant raining on other people's parades

In the final version, I'll have 8 main tales (Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Pent, Raven, Karel, Zealot, Legault), 3 maybe 4 gaiden tales, and one last tale to cap things off in an epic fashion (and provide a nice segway to FE6). 20 achievements to get, and 17 pieces of unlockable bonus content.That specific enough? :P:Currently Raven's Tale is in progress, and the next three tales will be ports of existing code (so, in other words, they should go fast if I'm properly motivated). Then all that's left is the final tale and tying up loose ends. The end is in sight.

Aaaahhh!! No, Y U NO USE SPOILER CAPS!!? :o::angry::facepalm:

anyway, tl;dr: It's the beginning of the end. How depressing

Got bored in the car today, so I coded this feature that I didn't really need. I was considering doing reinforcements from those stairways, but decided that this would be a much cooler way to let myself know that I can still code neat stuff.

Wow, I know you're a great coder and all, but coding while driving? Damn dude, props for that, get bored more often!

Edited by Randombobman

Perhaps he thought this up while a passenger?

I see one of my favorite characters. . .is last. :cry: I'll wait until I have time before attempting this.

Well I love the hack but I think I found a bug. I started a new game and tried to skip the Elibe intro, which worked, but the background of the next scene changed to lyn's prologue map. The cutscence kept going (don't know if this is supossed to happen but I couldn't skip the rest of the cutscene) and when it was over I got to the tale select screen.

P.S. why did you change hectors talecry.gif

more not-being-able-to-skip-stuff? D:

If you're going to do so with text and set the scroll speed to normal at least don't add [A] or else we can't even wait it out because we have to hit the "A" buttons on our GBA or DS or whatever every like 5 seconds or so (for those of us who use flashcarts)

at least on an emulator I can just undo the "pause when inactive window" or whatever and go do something else >_>'

at least on an emulator I can just undo the "pause when inactive window" or whatever and go do something else >_>'

Or SPACEBAER I like the intro and appreciate the work that went into it, don't hurt me.

If you're going to do so with text and set the scroll speed to normal at least don't add [A] or else we can't even wait it out because we have to hit the "A" buttons on our GBA or DS or whatever every like 5 seconds or so (for those of us who use flashcarts)

You can get hacks on an actual GBA? blink.gif

In other news, Raven has become Ike.

marquesscornwellskid.pngravenshowdown.png

Similar facial structure, same pauldron, and a one-on-one showdown with his mortal enemy. In Tale 5 pt. 2, he transforms into a cyborg and replaces his right arm with a sword.

Also, the first part of Tale 5 will be on full display during FEE3. Hope you're all looking forward to the show!

Edited by Arch

Yeah, however, a couple of the hacks from this forum do not work on the actual hardware. I believe this is one of them, though it hopefully's been fixed.

The only issue I've ever had reported is that custom spell animations experience severe slowdown on the native hardware. This, unfortunately, would require an entire rewrite of the CSA system designed by Xeld. Fixing that is way above my pay-grade.

Apologies for any convenience to people who enjoy flashcarts and such. Turning the animations off is, unfortunately, the only work-around at the moment.

The only issue I've ever had reported is that custom spell animations experience severe slowdown on the native hardware. This, unfortunately, would require an entire rewrite of the CSA system designed by Xeld. Fixing that is way above my pay-grade.

Apologies for any convenience to people who enjoy flashcarts and such. Turning the animations off is, unfortunately, the only work-around at the moment.

If yours is one of the hacks Jubby mentioned, it didn't even boot properly. You can clarify with him if it was, as I can't remember where he said it. A handful of popular ones from this forum and FE Universe were incompatible.

EDIT: Ah, here we go.

Edited by Celice

I blame whatever flashcart they are using; I've had little to no problems with any Fire Emblem hacks on my superior SCDS2. The only problem I usually see in emulation is an issue with the palette on the no-animation HP bars--i.e. when you turn animations off and it just shows the map battle with the red and blue box next to each other, the colors screw up, but it's a very small problem that hardly affects one's experience.

In other words, I simply suggest they get a better flashcart. Wait, Jubby, wasn't I the one who suggested the SCDS2 to you?! D:

I don't even remember the CSA issue either but it's been a while since I've tried

Also I'm not really digging the new Raven portrait but it's just a portrait so I'll get over it once I look at it a couple more times ^_^

Lastly my main issue with the no-text-skip is my memories of me trying to hack the ending scene which has the same effect

I suffered very, very much during that thanks to the fact that it practically SPAMS that code and so it was too much of a pain to take out so I just suffered through not being able to skip text >_>'

*bannedforrelivingpersonalexperiencesinthewrongtopic*

EDIT: should you really be sharing private conversations, Celice...?

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

I blame whatever flashcart they are using; I've had little to no problems with any Fire Emblem hacks on my superior SCDS2.

From what I remember, DS2 doesn't run the GBA stuff on actual hardware, but emulates it. It's an invalid form, and so out goes it as evidence :/

On my actual GBA flash cart, this hack (along with most of the more ambitious ones, such as DoF) has NEVER worked. Using a more advanced flash cart, though, like the SC DSTWO, has made most of them playable :P

I disagree that GBA flash carts should be dismissed; I personally enjoy playing GBA games on an SP, like how I played the original FE's :P