Fire Emblem |影 の 夜明| 

NICKT™

Doesn't the EQ happen right in the epilogue in Ephraim's route, though?

I don't think so. I've beaten FE8 my fair share of times and I'm pretty sure its the same either way.

The only mention you hear about the quake in FE8 was in Natasha and Knoll's A support conversation. Knoll says four years in both.

When I was still part of the FE8.5 project, my idea was for the EQ to unearth an ancient evil that would pose the threat for the next generation of Magvellians.(A sequel doesn't have to be a continuation of the first installment's events. It can be an unrelated event happening in the same realm. Few worlds only have one antagonist) But it seems that my former partner-in-crime has taken the story largely in his own direction. :p

One concern is fitting a large story into an FE game. There needs to be balance between story and gameplay. Something I didn't realize until long after my involvement ceased. When I was in the project, there were a LOT of things planned to implements, now I see how unrealistic it was.

Another thing I learned is that with the state of Yeti's FEXP now, it'd probably be a better platform for FE8.5 than hacking FE7. lol

Edited by Nayr

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.serenesfo.../script_eb.html

"Eirika:

Where are you going, Brother? We've endured so much to get home, and now...

Ephraim:

I'm sorry, Eirika. I must journey to Grado. I just received word from Seth. In the south, within the empire, there has been an enormous landslide.

Eirika:

A landslide?

Ephraim:

Yes. Word is it was so great that whole cities were destroyed. They say the damage is so severe, the empire itself is in danger..."

None of those lines appear in Eirikas epilogue.

Landslide. Whatever. It clearly did enough damage to have a major effect on Grado.

Edited by L95

http://www.serenesfo.../script_eb.html

None of those lines appear in Eirikas epilogue.

Landslide. Whatever. It clearly did enough damage to have a major effect on Grado.

A landslide and an earthquake aren't the same thing. While it is true that Earthquakes can cause landslides, Grado has always been home to seismic activity. This one doesn't necessarily have to be the one Knoll foretold.

I wonder why Ephraims Epilogue would mention Grado being destroyed by something completely unrelated, then?

(I'm serious. I realize this sounds very sarcastic >.<)

I don't see the need for distinction, they both cause massive damage.

Edited by L95

I wonder why Ephraims Epilogue would mention Grado being destroyed by something completely unrelated, then?

(I'm serious. I realize this sounds very sarcastic >.<)

I don't see the need for distinction, they both cause massive damage.

Politics. Very bad events create very grim imaginations for what the future holds, followed by a lot of denial and covering to citizens.

It could also be that as bad as the quake/landslide at the end of FE8 was, the one in the future will be worse.

Edited by Nayr

Before you do that, it would be prudent to double-check the original text and see if the translators substituted the severity of the earthquake with a lesser-sever term, without realizing the implication of doing so.

Before you do that, it would be prudent to double-check the original text and see if the translators substituted the severity of the earthquake with a lesser-sever term, without realizing the implication of doing so.

*rubs chin*

Wise thought, indeed.

How exactly would I go about that though?

Also, does anyone know who I should talk to, to get the title of this topic changed?

Edited by ∑-sigma-

*rubs chin*

Wise thought, indeed.

How exactly would I go about that though?

By checking the Japanese script. And if you don't know Japanese, asking someone who does to check to see if the severity is indicated or if it's genuinely just a landslide. There's a couple members here who've shown off they know their Japanese--you can also ask around other places. Fanslation websites are an option; personally I always go to the translators of established groups dedicated to translating non-English games, just 'cause I'm more familiar with some of them.

Also, does anyone know who I should talk to, to get the title of this topic changed?

影の夜明

...how cute.

お前のゲームの言語は英語だろう?

By checking the Japanese script. And if you don't know Japanese, asking someone who does to check to see if the severity is indicated or if it's genuinely just a landslide. There's a couple members here who've shown off they know their Japanese--you can also ask around other places. Fanslation websites are an option; personally I always go to the translators of established groups dedicated to translating non-English games, just 'cause I'm more familiar with some of them.

As for this... all you need is the FE8 ROM and just import the battery file when you open the Japanese ROM.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Shouldn't the title be 夜明け, not 夜明? The latter seems to be a bit... odd. Or is this the norm for titles?

More than a couple :angry:

Edited by Agro

Shouldn't the title be 夜明け, not 夜明? The latter seems to be a bit... odd. Or is this the norm for titles?

No, you're right.

Which is why:

...how cute.

お前のゲームの言語は英語だろう?

• 8 months later...