Am I the only one sick and tired of people hating on awakening and fates?

Michelaar

I'm just sick and tired of it.

I get why people don't like Awakening. It is a game with not the best map design and not the best story. HOWEVER. I am sort of a series veteran and just started replaying Awakening, and I actually kind of enjoy it. The map design is horrible as well as the story, but it doesn't really bother me for some reason. I like the gameplay, and since reclassing and overpowering your characters is OPTIONAL you can just play this game like any other fire emblem game. I also strangely liked the characters much. Not all of them like Cherche or Gerome, but a lot of them I really like. The characters are gimmicky, yes. But not to the point where they are not fun to listen to anymore. My least favourite fire emblem games, the tellius games, had just as much gimmicky characters that I liked just as much. But there were some EXTREMELY boring characters in that game, as are in awakening. My point is, while awakening has bad parts to it, it is still a fire emblem game. Why can't people just stop complaining how bad it is and enjoy it?

Then we come to my favourite fire emblem game. Fates. I enjoyed all 3 versions. I didn't grind on BR and REV, and played on Lunatic. I see people complaining how easy those games are, but those people (Like Mangs) are often using much stat-boosters and visitor points items. With using those, you basically let yourself win the game, as it is almost impossible to lose the game. Me, I had quite a tough time with some of the chapters, Like ch. 23 and ch, 24. I feel like the difficulty spikes are handled very well in any of the 3 versions. Conquest, despite having not so good a story (Again, doesn't bother me) had a sweet level design, and could be enjoyed by almost anyone. Revelations is the game where the most complaints come from. ''The maps designs are the worst''. Really? I actually really liked those maps. All of them, except Ch. 25. I honestly don;t see whats wrong with those chapters and I had great fun playing it. Still, people complain about overgrinding, making the game too easy. 2 things. 1. It's OPTIONAL 2. Those same people complain about the later maps in REV being tedious and unfair, which makes them lose units. If you have trouble, GRIND. I had no trouble with those maps (except 25) and I enjoyed them big time.

i don't like either of them because i didn't think they were fun

seriously though people can talk about not liking a game if they want

no need to get mad just because people have different opinions

Edited by unique

Am I the only one who gets sick of people using the "But I personally enjoyed it" excuse to silence or complain about any negativity about their precious games?

I'm just sick and tired of it.

Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it's acceptable in any way.

So by your logic, as long as something is optional (like broken dlc than breaks the game or has tons of glitches), it's perfectly fine!?

Just because you like the game doesn't give you the rights to silence any negativity about those games. Individuals have a thing called freedom of expression that they're fully entitled to no matter who much it differs from your personal views.

So Conquest having shit for plot doesn't bother you in any way then?

Again, just because something's optional doesn't mean it can't be criticized.

Essentially, this whole post is nothing but "I enjoyed these games so stop complaining guys" which isn't how the world works buddy. Imagine if I made a shitty game and every time people called me out for doing so I'd scream "IT'S FECKING OPTIONAL CUZ U DONT 'AV 2 BOY IT!!1!"? It just doesn't work like that.

In other words, if they're open to disagreements of opinions and don't act all elitist, what's the problem with people complaining about something you might like more than them?

Edited by Dinar87

I am more sick and tired of people complaining about other people hating on Awakening and Fates.

Do people who dislike Awakening and Fates go too overboard at times, including me? Yes, yes we do. Do I give a shit that you enjoy Awakening and Fates? No. You continue liking the game, and I'll continue not liking them very much, and neither of us will give each other any problems. Sound good? Good.

I am more sick and tired of people complaining about other people hating on Awakening and Fates.

Do people who dislike Awakening and Fates go too overboard at times, including me? Yes, yes we do. Do I give a shit that you enjoy Awakening and Fates? No. You continue liking the game, and I'll continue not liking them very much, and neither of us will give each other any problems. Sound good? Good.

Exactly. As long as no one's acting like an elitist while criticizing those games or as long as they're open to people liking something they personally dislike...then what's the problem?

I think it really comes down to personal opinions, though I do get tired of seeing some of the constant 'hate' (there are some valid reasons).

But eh I don't care at this point anymore. Everyone interprets stuff differently.

Edited by Jin

I'm sick and tired of people complaining of people complaining of p'eople complaining...

You get what I mean.

Enjoy what you like, fudge what the rest think, as long as you're respectful about it.

And if they are not respectful to you, wel fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge them, mate.

I never said everyone who hates these games is an awful person, I just wanna ask if they think these games did anything right at all? ITS MY OPINION.

No game is perfect, I didn't like the tellius games much, but much people loved them. i'm not boasting it around like: ''Its a stupid game''. No. I ask: Can't people enjoy a fire emblem game without complaining?

I'm sick and tired of people complaining of people complaining of p'eople complaining...

You get what I mean.

Enjoy what you like, fudge what the rest think, as long as you're respectful about it.

And if they are not respectful to you, wel fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge them, mate.

YOU DISLIKE MUH TELLIUS GAMES DO U!1? ILL KILL U M9!! BECAUSE SCREW HAVING DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON VIDYAGEAMZ!

I mean, uh, I disagree with you mate.

Edited by Dinar87

I see people complaining how easy those games are, but those people (Like Mangs) are often using much stat-boosters and visitor points items.

While I'd normally be the first one to tell you not to listen to Mangs' opinions on anything FE-related, it really is undeniable that at least BR Lunatic (haven't touched and probably won't be touching Rev for a while) doesn't convey any amount of pressure like other homonymous modes have.

Edited by Topazd

This is an accurate post that sums up my view on the matter.

I'll freely state that I hate Awakening and why I hate it, but really, that's just my opinion. If the reasons I dislike a game don't bother you about it, whatever bro, we can still get along. If you find things like FE6's story bland or hate the fact everything is seize, cool bro, that's your opinion.

Just don't try and force me to dislike GBA FE or like Awakening, and I'll do my best to return the favor. If you do try to do that or state your opinions like facts, I'll get upset.

That's really all there is to it.

I never said everyone who hates these games is an awful person, I just wanna ask if they think these games did anything right at all? ITS MY OPINION.

No game is perfect, I didn't like the tellius games much, but much people loved them. i'm not boasting it around like: ''Its a stupid game''. No. I ask: Can't people enjoy a fire emblem game without complaining?

I enjoy FE6 without complaining too much about some of its bullshit. I literally can't enjoy Awakening because it has almost no redeeming qualities in my eyes. Edited by Glaceon Mage

The only problem with that friend is that, if we don't complain, several things are never achieved...

1. Game companies could POTENTIALLY (admittedly a very small chance) see the complaints and decide to fix some of the issues consumers had. Or they could be like EA and ignore every consumer of theirs.

2. Finding people who have similar tastes to you and bonding with them. Often discussing things and sharing opinions potentially leads to finding like-minded individuals who share similar views to your own. They could potentially become friends. This goes for both positive and negative opinions on products. People like me are just interested to see if there's anyone like-minded to themselves.

I'm sure it must be extremely annoying if you like something that nobody else likes. But by complaining in the right places at the right time, you essentially having nothing to lose and everything to gain. Same with praising a game really.

I really love sonic adventure 2 battle but the majority of people these days hate it. However, I wouldn't go on a rampage just because they don't like a game I love (though if they act elitist about it like Egoraptor then maybe I would get somewhat irritated). I really like awakening's art style (except for the occasional fan service) and, while many animations are re-used, I think fates has the best 3D battle animations in the series.

Edited by Dinar87

People complain about the problems of these games because they care.

They want Fire Emblem to improve; whether it be in plot, cast or map design. Sometimes the negativity can seem a bit overmuch, especially since both Awakening and Fates have real merits, but everyone comes into these games with various expectations from older experiences.

In a way, I think the criticism is a good thing as it can lead to improvements in the later games. I mean, look at the cast of fates compared to awakenings; they are a massive improvement. This is because there was criticism that the cast was too gimmicky.

If you like these games and care little for its problems that's fine but I would either get used to the complaining or ignore it if I were you. The only opinion that really matters is your own.

Nope. I like Fates overall, and I don't get sick of it. I like to see people butt heads. As long as there is a method to their madness, sometimes I have a tendency to goad them into continued to argue simply so I can see more of their resolve to be understood.

Awakenings problems are from a lack of polish IMO. It's clear that the game just has things that weren't well thought out.

if they don't like the game probably not

It mainly comes down to one's opinion. Personally, Awakening and Fates are enjoyable games and have some redeeming qualities, but I can't look over the issues these games have! It would do it injustice!

Also, not EVERYONE complains just to complain. The games have issues and for a series that many people love passionately, they want to voice their opinions so maybe the next game improves.

EVERY FE game have issues, even the well liked Tellius games(trust and believe me. I love those games, but even I have my issues with those games). If issues are there, they're there. However, don't get worked up over valid criticism(not saying ALL complaints are valid......you get what I mean)!

nope, you truly are a unique special snowflake that is the only person in the entire 7 billion world that doesn't enjoy hating on fates and awakening, you should give yourself a super special metal for being so unique.

i hate people that hate on people that hate fates/awakening

Eh, I feel like the hate on Fates and Awakening is a larger issue on other sites, people here on Serenes are at least civil in how they discuss what they like or dislike. While it does get tiring sometimes when the bad points of the game get brought up constantly (like how every thread about Fates is inevitably taken over by complaints about its story), it's pretty much a non-issue I feel.

i hate people that hate on people that hate fates/awakening

i'm down with that.

you sure never see these type of threads about tellius or elibe or anything else.

people are not entitled to enjoy the latest entry's in a game series just because you like them. ( see DmC and all the journalists calling fans of DMC entitled for not buying it, nevermind these same people said "if you don't like it, don't buy it, we don't need you")

with that said, i love fates and approve of the direction and steps forward it took, its not perfect sure, but its flaws can be fixed in the next installment, which i look forward too.

if someone does not like fates, that is perfectly fine and they shouldn't be forced to change their opinion to be mine, its just a video game after all.

I both love and hate Awakening. Which group do I belong to?

But in all seriousness, if you live by others opinions you've got a rough life ahead.

I see so many issues to be resolved in both Awakening and Fates, but from Awakening to Fates I think I also see a small glimmer of hope that something could change significantly down the road.

Or may be it won't, and I'll still willingly put my money down for more their games because I had fun.

Edited by ___

To be honest, I have no problem with people "hating on" Awakening and Fates, because more often than not, they have very valid reasons for why they don't like it, and it's not just blind hate. People are allowed to criticise something even if it's something you like. I personally like Awakening (it was what got me into the series in the first place), and what I've played so far of Fates, but people's criticisms have allowed me to see different points of view, and allowed me to notice things I might have simply ignored or overlooked otherwise. Given the choice, I wouldn't silence the people who don't like it, because if we only ever listened to positive feedback, we'd never improve on the things we're doing badly.

Not to mention, the world would be a pretty dull place if everyone had the same opinion on something and people who didn't share that opinion weren't allowed to say anything.

Well, the fanbase is the place where most of the hate inevitably concentrates. That is hardly unique to Fire Emblem, if you take a look at fanbases like Star Wars and Transformers for example.

Basically it boils down to people just wanting to garner attention and importance by insulting others' opinions. That won't stop anytime soon. Luckily, they are just as bland and predictable like the generic enemies in FE, so we've all been properly trained in dealing with them, perhaps even without knowing.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind, but in Fates's case especially such criticism rarely, if ever, actually goes anywhere new and usually only leads to people complaining about the same things over and over and over and over and over...

So my reaction is less "Why are these people hating things I like?" and more "Sweet Arceus, we've discussed Fates's plot how many times now?" Ergo, I do mind, but that's mainly because I don't like beating dead horses. I don't like beating live horses either, really, but that's something else entirely.

(Also what Jave said)