FE9 tourney sign-up

Vykan12

I guess we'll start with 8 participants. Pick 3 characters so we can figure out some balanced match-ups.

1. Vykan (Devdan/Brom/Tanith)

2. Cynthia (Jill/Calill/Lucia)

3. Sirius (Boyd/Makalov/Geoffrey)

4. Colonel M (Ike/Tauroneo/Haar)

5. B2BD (Kieran/Volke/Devdan)

6. Kirsche (Oscar/Janaff/Tormod)

7. Mekkah (Mist/Stefan/Shinon)

8. Tino (Tanith/Calill/Muarim)

---

9. Ether (Mia/Astrid/Ilyana)

10. Red Fox (Jill/Mia/Nephenee)

***Sign-ups are finished. Sorry for anyone who missed out :(

Guidelines: The debates will carry out like any other debate on this board, so read around if you're not familiar with the process. I won't impose any time constraints this time since nobody adheres to them. Just try and make timely responses, I don't want this to drag on forever. Ideally, you should be making a post every 3-5 days or something. Single elimination, so there will be 3 rounds unless I get 12-16 participants, in which case it will be 4. If there are 12 participants, there will be a wildcard round for the last 6 people who signed up unless someone has a better idea. Last thing, 5 votes decide the victor of a debate unless too many judges are missing, in which case it'll be 3.

Have fun.

Edited by Vykan12

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we decide the number of votes per debate required to win? I think it should be either 3 or 5 judges per debate.

Hmm characters, Jill/ Callil/ Lucia. High/Mid/Low.

Edited by -Cynthia-

^Obviously only valid in low tier matchups, Rolf/Bastian/Elincia/Hawks/Shinon are probably all OK, anything above that is pushing it. Maybe i'll add someone else, since people seem afraid of low tiers.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'll join.

Oscar/Janaff/Largo

Edit: Upon reflection, I think Largo was a bad choice, could I swap to Tormod?

Edited by kirsche

We've got 8 people. If anyone else wants to join in, they better do so pretty quickly.

Some possible match-ups:

Vykan (Tanith) vs Colonel M (Ike)

Mekkah (Shinon) vs Kirsche (Janaff)

Cynthia (Calill) vs Sirius (Geoffrey)

B2BD (Volke) vs Tino (Muarim)

I'll throw my hat in in case there is room,and I guess I'll take Mia/Astrid/Ilyana.

That makes 9 people... One of us will have to have an extra debate if we included Ether.

I could do it, if Mekkah has no objections. Janaff vs Mia could be interesting.

^ How would that work?

BTW Vykan, did you look at the characters and then decide matchups, or did you put everyone in a bracketmaker and then decide? Not that I'm opposed to the first method, just curious.

Edited by -Cynthia-

^ How would that work?

Basically, ther'd be a match between Ether and someone then the winner of that would just be placed into the tourney, which would start normally, just without the loser.

Or Ether can sub, since there's bound to be a drop-out at some point.

What happens if there isn't? You and Vykan are pretty reliable for this stuff - you proved that in teh FE10 one, and I can't see Cynthia/Colonel M/Me dropping out either.

Tino is bound to have volleyball/homework/other real life stuffs :P

I just think it's more fair to all competitors is all. But if you/vykan are fine with it then so am I.

Tino is bound to have volleyball/homework/other real life stuffs :P

Really? He seemed into the FE8 debate tourny at FEP.

I just think it's more fair to all competitors is all. But if you/vykan are fine with it then so am I.

Not if they volunteer to do it, as that means they're asking for it.

Edited by kirsche

If another member is needed, and depending on when this starts, I might be able to jump in. But I can't make any promises. After all, I still have the last one to finish up.

BTW Vykan, did you look at the characters and then decide matchups

Yes. I even cross referenced with the current tier list to make sure my opinion was consistent with it.

If I get 10 people, I can make an extra round where the last 4 sign-ups are cut down to 2, which puts us back at 8 people. Do you wish to pick characters Red Fox?