Black Belt Nob

Raven

The guy is in both Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Gold/Silver/Crystal and their remakes.

Coincidence? I think not!

Click on "Show" under "Trainer List".

So yeah, the guy gets around a bit I guess. I mean he has a single Lv19 Machop in RSE (Hoenn), then he has Lv25 Machop and Machoke in GSCHHSS (Johto). Then, Lv29 Machop and Machoke in RSE. So what's he do? Start off in Hoenn, then goes to do some Cianwood Gym Trainer work, then go back to Hoenn again? Does his defeat by Gold make him consider going back to Hoenn to continue personal training, or what?

I am intrigued by this Nob! He's probably the most fleshed out generic Pokemon trainer in the whole series.

Discuss Nob.

There's also a Hiker Nob in FRLG. He's got a level 13 Machop and 3 level 13 Geodudes. Perhaps he ditched his Geodudes, hiked over to Hoenn, and started martial arts?

But in all seriousness, apparently the Nobs are named after the guy that translated the Pokemon games.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nob_Ogasawara

There's also a Hiker Daniel in the Jotoh games and the Sinnoh games, but with different Pokemon. Once of the scientists in HG/SS Cinnibar Gym is named Scientist Daniel, and I think there's a Camper Dan or something in the Jotoh games.

Plus there's a Gym Leader in the Orange Islands League in the anime named, you guessed it, Daniel.

Dan(iel) sure seems like a popular name for Pokemon Trainers.

Perhaps he ditched his Geodudes, hiked over to Hoenn, and started martial arts?

I see a way where he could kill 2 birds with one stone. Although it's actually more like killing two stones with a single blow, but whatever.