Gregor x Cordelia

I cannot stress enough on how Gregor x Cordelia is freakin awesome.

Falcon Knight Cordelia

Lifetaker

Galeforce

Bowbreaker

Tomebreaker

Lancefaire

This alone is monstrous, but her 39 max strenght is a problem.

Berserker Gregor

Axefaire

Gamble

Armsthrift

Filler

Filler

Fillers could be Counter, Rally Strenght, Pass, Astra, Sol, and every single useless skill Gregor has. He only needs 3 to smash as a support.

Problem? Solved. Enjoy 49 Strenght Cordelia doubling people here and there getting +100%HP every turn with Lifetaker. Gregor is the definition of offensive support.

I did not tried this in lunatic because I cannot get through chapter 6 since I only leveled MU and Fred and I am not buying DLCs just yet, but in Hard Mode it worked wonders and did the major part in getting through the Priam chapter, did not tried Apo yet.

You'll ask: what about Severa?

Well, she is gonna get Dual Support+, Demoiselle, Hex, Anathema. Sounds to me like a good support unit, despite not abusing galeforce. She is still going to be a fucking beast, potentially giving +10 speed as a Swordmaster supportive unit for whatever male unit you want.

This also frees up Stahl (who is the one you usually marry to Cordelia) who can marry Cherche and make a very good supportive Gerome, Dual Support+ and Dual Guard+, but still that's personal preference.

tl;dr Marry Gregor and Cordelia and enjoy your happy facesquashing.

Henry does pretty much the same but with less damage then Gregor, Vaike does pretty much the same but has no Armsthrift, which means you cannot spam forged axes infinitely, but he has Zeal which is a slight crit boost. Nowhere near Armsthrift in usefulness. And I don't know about you but I like having dedicated supports and dedicated main units, rather then random units with good pair up stats.

Edited by TheIdiotNinja

YES, YES, and MORE YES.

I know it's not one of the "optimal" pairings, sure, but I freaking love it. Most of that first-love feeling came from the supports, but once I realized how amazing it is on the field, I never wanted to let go.

I think one of the main reasons it's not considered "optimal" is because it wastes a potential Armsthrift/Sol user on a daughter who gets it anyway, just like how Inigo also starts out a mercenary, so giving HIM Gregor as a father is also kind of a waste.

But Gregor ALSO gives said daughter Vantage, and adding this to the fact that she can get Vengeance means Vantage/Vengeance spam, go. Add this to the fact that she can get Axefaire from her father, Galeforce from her mother (or just plain old getting it herself) and Swordfaire from the Myrmidon line and ta-da! Excellent Hero - maybe even the game's best Hero, in my opinion - at your service.

So, all in all - I like it myself, but if people don't, they don't have to. I get where you're coming from though, definitely.

Did not thought about Vantage Vengeance. Holy flying cow, that makes it even more awesome.

Yup. To be honest I almost forgot about it myself. :)

But yeah. And with support from a magic unit like Laurent, Brady or Owain (depending on the father of course), she can actually be an amazing Vantage/Vengeance/Galeforce/Tomebreaker/Bowbreaker equipped Dark Flier. Or she could even be an excellent support unit, thanks to that Dual Support+ skill she gains.

Of course, Severa's hard to screw up to begin with. But Gregor's not a bad father for her AT ALL.

If I wasn't against my Waifu with other men I might be able to give an unbiased opinion.

But seriously Gregor is like Freddy. He's a sub for Stahl. Cordelia and Severa get AT on their own so Stahl would be the only one without it. And if my memory serves correctly Stahl ALSO passes down the Myrmidon class for Vantage. Just my admittedly biased opinion

So I would only use Gregor for the support (which to be fair is pretty good even to my bias) and dat fake red hair.

Edited by Sorin

Sorry, but StahlxCordelia is my OTP (for a female Avatar run, that is. For a male, I would go FrederickxCordelia). I love the supports, it makes a great Severa, and they're both two of my favorite characters in the game. ^^

If I wasn't against my Waifu with other men I might be able to give an unbiased opinion.

But seriously Gregor is like Freddy. He's a sub for Stahl. Cordelia and Severa get AT on their own so Stahl would be the only one without it. And if my memory serves correctly Stahl ALSO passes down the Myrmidon class for Vantage. Just my admittedly biased opinion

He does. Actually, Stahl is one of the best fathers in the game, due to him giving the Cavalier and Myrmidon lines. The thing about Stahl/Cordelia is that Severa by herself is kind of unscrewable. Some of the other children, however, don't have that same kind of luck, and would definitely benefit from having Stahl as a father. So pairing Cordelia with someone else (Lon'qu's another popular - and freaking great, might I add, option) then frees up Stahl for someone like Yarne, Gerome or Laurent.

Sorry, but StahlxCordelia is my OTP (for a female Avatar run, that is. For a male, I would go FrederickxCordelia). I love the supports, it makes a great Severa, and they're both two of my favorite characters in the game. ^^

Your OTP against mine. :)

I would like Stahl/Cordelia a little more if they did more than just play the harp together. Some deep discussion would have been nice. I can't argue with the resulting Severa, of course, but it does also go against my slight preference for Stahl/Olivia. Besides, I have a hard time deciding on an OTP for Cordelia because no matter what, Severa will be a very useful unit.

Ha, figures as much, Vash. XD

I also often like cavalier knightxPegasus knight pairings. :D

I don't mind the Stahl/Cordelia support because it sort-of implies that he was already in love with her, which just rings of stories to be told. Of course, the way my headcanons ended up working, I kind of brutally rip the possibility apart by giving him a chance up until the very last moment when she finally ends up with Gregor. I'm terrible, I know, but if any character ends up in my hands, they usually end up suffering a bit for their happy ending.

Of course, from a GAMEPLAY perspective, this is definitely one of the better Severas, but like I told Sorin, there's several other kids who benefit from getting Stahl as a father and I don't mind "nerfing" Severa some to increase another child's potential, since really Severa's like Sumia and really only needs a father to exist.

I though the harp playing was sweet. ^^

It's just like how I want to bond with my future husband. Through a mutual hobby or interest (in my case, preferably Nintendo games). And yeah, Stahl did already seem fond of Cordelia at first and he deserves an awesome girl like her. Cause he's awesome. :D

I'm joining the OTP fest! :D

VaikexCordelia is my OTP! Best supports with Cordelia that IMO sort out both of their insecurities when it comes to Chrom and they seem compatible personality wise! And the resulting Severa is a beast! DAT STRENGTH! AND DAT HAIR! Blonde Severa FTW!

I also don't care that Vaike doesn't have Armsthrift; it's a waste of a skillslot to me anyways since I have infinite money and can spam as many forged weapons as I need.

Edited by Silver Lightning

I hope this doesn't turn into another shipping war

If we're all mature about it, it really shouldn't. Then again, lately maturity has become a precious resource... >_>

I though the harp playing was sweet. ^^

It's just like how I want to bond with my future husband. Through a mutual hobby or interest (in my case, preferably Nintendo games). And yeah, Stahl did already seem fond of Cordelia at first and he deserves an awesome girl like her. Cause he's awesome. :D

It's sweet, but then again, picking between all of Stahl's amazing supports is like picking between types of chocolates. :\

There's the way he gets Olivia to trust and communicate with him, there's him going out of his way to make Panne feel like she's a part of the Shepherds, there's the way he tries to get Tharja to open up to him, there's him learning as much as he can about Cherche's culture to better relate to her... damn. Stahl doesn't HAVE a bad support. Even his supports with Kellam and Donnel are great! Best three-way bromance in the game right there.

I'm joining the OTP fest! :D

VaikexCordelia is my OTP! Best supports with Cordelia that IMO sort out both of their insecurities when it comes to Chrom and they seem compatible personality wise! And the resulting Severa is a beast! DAT STRENGTH! AND DAT HAIR! Blonde Severa FTW!

I also don't care that Vaike doesn't have Armsthrift; it's a waste of a skillslot to me anyways since I have infinite money and can spam as many forged weapons as I need.

I agree, that's a good one for her - gameplay and supports-wise. The support itself unites them around the one thing they have in common and they help each other grow and get past that obstacle in their lives, with Vaike wanting to always be better and thinking he'll never match up and Cordelia having her heart stolen by a man who will never return her feelings. In a way, Vaike's Thief line makes sense here: he manages to, at the very end, steal her heart back.

There's so much cheese on that line I can top a damn pizza with it. XD

Vaike doesn't need Armsthrift, but he DOES pass it to his daughters. Even though Severa already has it, it's kind of wasted, but she can pseudo-Aether the heck out of EVERYTHING thanks to the Knight class he passes.

I did that on my first playthrough.. but only for the hair color.

Then, I started playing as a MaMU, since you could have two children, and marry someone that's NOT Chrom.

Cordelia is my favorite First Generation Female anyways, with Severa being my favorite Second Generation person thing.

What does Gregs give? Axefaire.

What does Vaike give? Luna, Axefaire, and a better strength mod.

What does Lon'qu give? Amazing mods and Vantage for VV.

What does Stahl give? Luna, Vantage AND amazing mods.

Gregor is MUCH better on Cherche, Panne, Miriel, or Maribelle.

EDIT: If you like AT so much, you should use Gregor to give it to someone who actually needs it, not someone who can get it from their base class. Another question involving that is why no AT on Cordelia? Did you not know she gets merc?

And one more thing. This is purely to help you out here.

Zerk!Gregs' skill set-

AT

AS+2 Counter

Axefaire

Aggressor Astra

LB Vantage

Then he will be the ultimate support unit.

And then I realized you don't have DLC. Let me edit that.

Edited by Duck