Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was trying to spread out points since points will translate over to new system? But ok I'll just shoot

That wouldn't really work anyways, as more likely than not the 10 points was going to vowels. You plan almost guaranteed that further as opposed to just going for it which had 16% chance. It's like a just over 1/36 chance vs a just under 2/6 chance, respectively.

No risk no reward.

Edit: I'm probably not going to be around for the early evening due to uni obligations.

Edited by Snike

Breakdown of points for individual people

[spoiler=Individual]
Amalia: 6-->8
Uri: 5-->8
Erion: 10
Ari: 10
Axel: 6-->8
Gar: 6-->8
Bella: 6-->8
Lys: 8
Lane: 4-->8
Tina: 15
Reign: 6-->8
Thany: 6-->8
Kenta: 0-->8
Robin: 2-->8
Nika: 10

[spoiler=Teams]
Amalia, Erion, Uri: 42
Arietta, Axel, Gar: 24
Bella, Lys, Lane: 13-->23
Tina, Reign, Thany: 20-->23
Robin, Nika, Kenta: 12-->23

[spoiler=Total]

Amalia: 50
Uri: 50
Erion: 52
Ari: 34
Axel: 32
Gar: 32
Bella: 21-->31
Lys: 21-->31
Lane: 21-->31
Tina: 35
Reign: 28-->31
Thany: 28-->31
Kenta: 20-->31
Robin: 20-->31
Nika: 22-->31

DOES NOT INCLUDE OBJECTIVE POINTS

Edited by scorri

To clarify he's not near where Amalia went down. He's like several blocks away. Remember the group closed in from all sides on the house, wiping out sentries along the way. I'd just have her run over and 'report' since she can't talk to him and observe the field at the same time.

Seeing as the latest stat battle was the last one for the old system, I'm going to start putting more focus toward getting the update finished. The OP's going to be getting chopped up a bit to avoid any rule confusion during the transition, so for those who want to hold onto a piece of the past, I've left a pastebin of the previous version in my signature (beneath the gallery link). Here's a closer one, though. Link. Anyway, while the OP still looks the same on the surface, there's so much new information coming that I'm bound to have character limit issues trying to update, so the format it's in now is not the one it'll be in once the update's finished. I'll have to find some other way to make it work. Most likely there'll be an offsite link or two, and some information that can only be found on roll20 (only relevant to those actually participating in the rp) and in my profile (relevant to everyone but too much to stuff into the OP). With that, I rest ...

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what's going through those wyverns' heads when they shriek to each other like that.

Isis: HEY! HEEEEY! I'M A WYVERN!

Cloud of Wyverns: OMIGAWSH A WYVERN! HEY, I'M A WYVERN, TOO! HEEEEEEY! WYVERNNNNNNNS!!! (etc.)

Sasha: Shut iiiiiiiiit. (Says the guy who couldn't stop screaming at Sonya.)

OMIGOSH ROOOOOOOOY!!! :D I didn't think you were coming back!

And heyo, Disky. Welcome back to you, too! :)

Update: Windstorms in the area. Power/internet may be compromised until sunday or something. If stuff goes down, we'll see how long it takes for people to fix it.

Edited by Mercakete

Bad news about the windstorm, Merc :(

I shall try to balance this out.

Update:

We have our 12th (8th in listed order) class, folks. Meet the Caster class.

CASTER
Starting Stats:
HP: 4 STR: 0 MAG: 2 SKL: 3 SPD: 4 LCK: 1 DEF: 2 RES: 4 MOV: 4
HP: 12 Might: 2 Hit: 4 AS: 4 Evade: 5 Defense: 2 Resistance:4 Movement: 4
Promotions Bonuses:
HARROWER +1 MAG, +1 SKL +1 SPD, +1 RES
CONQUEROR +1 HP, +1 MAG, +1 SKL, +1 RES
Natural Proficiencies: Anima/Light/Dark
Available Starting Class Skills: Repression, Artifice, Nemesis
All Available Class Skills: Repression, Agitator, Entrapment, Cunning, Artifice, Nemesis

REPRESSION:
Requires 10% of the user's HP to activate each turn. All enemy boons become inactive while within 2 spaces of the user. They are not removed but cannot be used.

AGITATOR:
Requires 10% of the user's HP to activate each turn. While a select enemy is within 2 spaces of the user, any ailments they have or receive cannot be removed via their own skills, by taking damage, or by their allies. Ailments can still wear off naturally.

ENTRAPMENT:
Requires 10% of the user's HP to activate each turn. A single enemy within 3 spaces of the user is inflicted with the Gravity ailment, reducing their MOV to 0, and forcefully moving them 1 space toward the user during their own phase.

CUNNING:
If the user inflicts an ailment on a target during an attack or counter, and that target is already suffering from the same ailment at the start of the combat round, they will instead receive the Break ailment for 1 turn. The effect can only occur once every 2 turns.

ARTIFICE:
Once every 3 turns, as a free action, the user may transfer one of their own ailments onto an enemy within 3 spaces. The ailment's count is reset when transferred. It will not work if the user cannot take any action, such as in cases of Stun or Sleep.

NEMESIS:
For the first 3 turns after inflicting an ailment on an enemy, that unit can be attacked or countered from up to twice the range (rounded up) of the user's equipped magic. Only works with magic.

Notes:

-Agitator vs Adapt: I know this will come up so here's how they interact. Adapt grants full immunity to previously accrued ailments. Agitator can only keep Adapt from cleansing ones the victim still has, not get rid of immunities that are already there. Note 'immunities' is a reference to Adapt specifically and has nothing to do with the Immunity boon.

-Cunning vs Adapt: This did come up already so here's how they interact. If a character has an ailment on them already, Cunning users can double up on that ailment during a new combat round and cause a Break. Once the target's immune to an ailment, they can't receive it anyway unless Nihil is involved, so Cunning would only apply in those instances.

-Artifice vs Adapt: This can be used regardless of the target's immunity to an ailment. If the target can't receive the ailment, just treat Artifice as a cleanse lite.

They hurt themselves to spite the world. Emo class. XD

Nifty, though. Might want some heavy HP and regen skills/gear for this sort. That and stun bombs and poison tomes. That's just my first impression, though.

Can a Break be transferred via Artifice if it was self-inflicted? (Pretty sure there's a skill that has self-break as a penalty, unless that's changed or it's the skill of another class. Pretty sure mage had something like that.)

You could transfer a break, yes, but no class does it to themselves that I recall. The Mage has the self inflicted exhaustion but that's it, I think.

You could warp/displace without enough HP and break yourself that way, I guess.

Edit: I should probably see if I can't work the 'break status' into the powercard rolls. That'd be easier than tweaking stats constantly. Or maybe I could work a break status into the sheet and basically halve the final values of everything when it's switched on. Not sure yet.

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The items list conversion is complete. That's not to say that it isn't still more or less beta, but it does mean there's nothing left for me to try and bring over from the old system. It's all straightening out the new material from here. You should have everything you need to complete your starting builds, though keep in mind, item prices are subject to change multiple times between now and the end of this overhaul.

Items List

Caster Class update:

-Repression now nullifies (removes) boons on affected targets rather than simply preventing them from being used.

-Agitator now also extends the duration of the target's ailments by 1 turn. This only happens once per ailment per target.

Break update:

The ailment itself isn't changed, but I added a toggle to the character sheet on roll20. It will halve the character's stats (before bonuses and penalties), and the final number (green) will reflect this, when Break status is toggled on. I'll try to integrate the radio button itself into the sheet better once I suck less with html. Don't wait up for, I'm more focused on functionality right now.

So... How did Lumi know which ship was theirs, anyway? I don't think Greta described it until she told Pete. Just said a direction before, I think.

Would have to have been a lucky guess ("A frigate with some golden bits? Yep that's probably ours"). That's my guess lol

Yeah they just headed in the same direction the wagon was heading and got lucky

Okay.

Also, slapped together a theorycraft of MountItem!Luca: Leaping Lightning Horse. Also, it has now been confirmed how much Nadya loves her horse.