BwdYeti

How will magic work, the same way? Or do we have to wait and see? :p

Edited by eCut

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah stupid teasers within teasers. What does uther look like when he flinches? I R mad!

And Marcus!

And Hassar's below .5% critical was cool.

Oh, and I guess flinching frames in general are sorta cool...

Edited by deranger

Gah stupid teasers within teasers. What does uther look like when he flinches? I R mad!

And Marcus!

And Hassar's below .5% critical was cool.

Oh, and I guess flinching frames in general are sorta cool...

I thought Crits used one RN? Or have I been misinformed on GBA mechanics? Or FE7x mechanics, for that matter?

Edited by L95

I thought Crits used one RN? Or have I been misinformed on GBA mechanics? Or FE7x mechanics, for that matter?

I think that's only true for FE6. I don't know what I'm saying, I meant hit%*cri%=chance of crit, which, of course, isn't actually true.

Edited by deranger

• 2 weeks later...

Screen49.pngScreen51.png

http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=488

The initial XNA version of FE7x is now available~

Be sure to give feedback not only on how the new engine runs (a large part of the switch was to get better performance, so if it's slow or not working for you it means I need to fix it o: ), but also on the new changes to gameplay mechanics, skills, and more that have been introduced.

I cannot seem to get it to run. Is there a program I need to download? Is it because I have windows 7?

Did you install .NET and XNA? They're both linked in the demos topic. It's kind of a pain to have to install them, but at least you only have to do it once and you'd need them anyway for other XNA games

Did you install .NET and XNA? They're both linked in the demos topic. It's kind of a pain to have to install them, but at least you only have to do it once and you'd need them anyway for other XNA games

Didn't really take that long, at least for me. Like 5 min total max.

Well that was fun.

New options are pretty nice, esp screen zoom. I've forced myself to use the old immortal sword controls on vba, so I didn't end up using that =P.

As far as mechanics, I liked the whole WTA when attacking with or against bows. Just need to figure out how it works. I didn't figure out how the lighting worked for the map (is it supposed to be brighter in certain areas?)

Umm, ran pretty smoothly. Overall same good stuff made slightly better.

It might be my computer, but once in a while, the game will stop working. Now, this is something that has to be fixed, because I suspended the game once or twice and when I tried to go back into Load Suspended Game, there was no suspend data.

Ok, played a bit of the first chapter (Uther got killed by mages and armour knights :huh:) and here's my issues/suggestions:

-The left/right scrolling in unit stats screen feels sluggish.

-The map is too dark in the darkest parts compared to the rest of the game and it doesn't really look like it's night. Night would have more bluish tint in it.

-Exp bar feels out of place in the bottom of the screen, there's nothing else going on the screen when it appears so why is it at bottom? It works better with GBA games since they have less on the battle screen. (I play on 2x zoom if it matters.)

-The rest of the screen (aka not portrait and the level up card) could use some darkening when your unit levels up like in GBA games.

-Small pauses and timing things randomly popping up here and there, nothing major really. In general game runs really smoothly on my 5-year-old machine.

And that's all criticism I can think of. I do like how it shows more info when you put your cursor over a unit. And in general the demo feels solid.

And suspend didn't work for me. None of the menu options did for that matter. I was under the assumption that they hadn't been implemented yet.

The suspend option in the map menu doesn't quit to the title currently, but it does save (as does doing any action, like in GBA FE). What's important is if the load suspend button on the title screen works, test that maybe? :M

Ok, played a bit of the first chapter (Uther got killed by mages and armour knights :huh:) and here's my issues/suggestions:

-The left/right scrolling in unit stats screen feels sluggish.

-The map is too dark in the darkest parts compared to the rest of the game and it doesn't really look like it's night. Night would have more bluish tint in it.

-Exp bar feels out of place in the bottom of the screen, there's nothing else going on the screen when it appears so why is it at bottom? It works better with GBA games since they have less on the battle screen. (I play on 2x zoom if it matters.)

-The rest of the screen (aka not portrait and the level up card) could use some darkening when your unit levels up like in GBA games.

-Small pauses and timing things randomly popping up here and there, nothing major really. In general game runs really smoothly on my 5-year-old machine.

And that's all criticism I can think of. I do like how it shows more info when you put your cursor over a unit. And in general the demo feels solid.

The status screen scrolling is a bit slower than in GBA FE because of how much more space the graphics scroll over, and it would be jumpy if too fast. I'll see if I can do a little.

The darkness could be partly a difference in monitor calibration, or just different opinions on what's too dark. No one else has told me it's too dark but some have said they almost lost track of some enemies in the darkness... which is kind of a good thing I think, designwise? I'll think about it

It is some bluish tinted, I didn't go further because it looked strange to me

The battle scene will be getting redesigned so I haven't bothered to pay much attention to the exp gauge, but I'll keep it in mind, and the level up not darkening things was something I forgot about until after release and will get to

Thanks for the comments