120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ha ha! I am very close to wining now! I must say I've enjoyed the heck out of this patch, the snipers who can now use swords having barrier swords sure surprised me (kinda wish you could get the barrier sword without Layla but I guess that's too much to ask. I try to pair everyone so I've never actually gotten the barrier sword or the berserk staff since only subs can get those. I guess I'm going to have to do a sub run next ^_^;)

It's nice to see you're still at it! I have a final version I've never got around to releasing. It only has a few minor tweaks. I'm curious to which pairings you used, ArdenxBriggid was one I enjoyed.

Well lets see...

Sigurd/Deirdre obviously XD (Used staff abuse and the arena to get her to a level 30 sage, must say its done wonder's for Celice's resistance plus the barrier ring and tierfing he's got some amazing res)

Noishe/Ayra produced a rather amazing Lakche and Skasher also Astra + Slim sword wreaked havoc against mounted and armored units XD

Midir/Aideen was amazing multihitting insanity with critical hits in for good measure Lester has the hero bow and a long bow and Lana got a spell as soon as she got class-changed

Alec/Sylvia surprised me I think Leen capped her magic and she's using the fire sword which I noticed has a +5 mag on it, and darkness sword is just amazing and she's got the leg ring and knight ring so she's rather effective. Corple isn't bad himself either, he might have been better with a mage father but he's doing amazingly well as it is and he's already level 30. (actually almost every one is level 30 and the ones that aren't are close)

Levin/Fury just as godly as ever XD b rank staves on the pegknights are pretty sweet and Fee has a libro staff

Fin/Lachesis because... well I'm a totally sucker for this pairing XD Delmund and Nanna are very nice (gonna probably go with beo next time though to see the difference... but I like the +5 speed convo that Fin gives Nanna...)

Holyn/Brigid Patty is insane with a hero sword and a killer bow, she's paired with Shanan so they trade money a lot to help level her a bit faster too XD

Azel/Tiltyu amazing as expected going to pair her with Levin or Claude next time though just to test out Holsety or Valkyrie Tinny XD

Hmmm actually what pairings should I do for my next run? XD With the exception of Ayra/Noishe and Alec/Sylvia this is what I normally do... I usually pair Ayra with Lex and Sylvia with Claude. Soooo challenge me and tell me which pairings I have to use XD

How did you manage to assign animations for Axes to Forrests properly? Whenever I try I end up with just having them with axes and the animations, but the axes don't really show up.

How did you manage to assign animations for Axes to Forrests properly? Whenever I try I end up with just having them with axes and the animations, but the axes don't really show up.

Using the animation module, I set the hex value of Forrests' axe attack to the same value as their sword animation. Other than a flipped axe once in a while, it works well. However, for the hand axe animation, I had to steal it from the axe fighter. It looks bad but otherwise it freezes.

JamkaxEdain - He has pursuit now. Tremble!

ArdenxAyra - You get Holy Sword and Ambush, along with killer strength and defense. Ska's speed is a little low but he's tough.

ClaudexLachesis - B rank staves for Nanna, A upon promotion!

AlecxFury - Bow-immune Fee and decent magic for Sety.

AzelxSylvia - Megamagic and Volcannon for Corple.

LevinxTiltyu - You may wish to break Holsety before the end of the 1st gen.

MidalexBriggid - Bows for Patty and skills for Faval!

XD she's gonna slaughter me if I don't isn't she? XD Well normally I manage to recruit Tinny before she attacks me by keeping a close eye on her movement, honestly I'm more worried about the triangle attack mages that follow her.... XD wonder how they'll like a holsety to the face?

Hmm should probably make Arden pass down a speed ring then.

Edited by iavasechui

• 1 month later...

Been playing this for the past few days and just finished Gen I. It was a very enjoyable hack, and it's great being able to actually use some of these characters. Specially Ardan. He rocks here.

Pairings:

- Ardan/Aira

- Azel/Sylvia

- Lex/Lachesis

- Midir/Aideen

- Holyn/Briggid

- Claude/Fury

- Levin/Tiltyu

And screenshots of how everyone fared. Unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots of Diadora, Cuan and Ethlin before they met their cruel fates.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00000.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00001.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00002.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00003.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00004.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00005.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00006.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00007.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00008.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00009.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00010.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00011.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00012.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00013.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00014.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00015.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00016.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00017.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00018.jpgFireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00019.jpg

Eager to play Gen II now.

Cool stuff! It's good to see that you've been able to use most of the cast to some extent. I may need to tone down Lex's bases, his stats are pretty scary.

• 4 weeks later...

THIS. PATCH. IS. AWESOME.

Thank you so much for making this!

It simultaneously makes everyone awesome and yet the game is still harder. That is my favorite kind of hard.

Also, I noticed that Lex's holy blood appears to be missing. Is that a graphical glitch?

EDIT: No, sorry, there it is, my mistake.

What I'd really like to see is maybe allowing those sword skills to be passed down to anybody, not just sword users. Dew's most canon pairing, the only one he has a conversation in, would benefit massively if delmud could use Sol.

Edited by Alastor15243

Another happy customer! I'm afraid that unlocking inheritance is above me. If anyone can find any information regarding it, I'll be happy to take a look.

Another happy customer! I'm afraid that unlocking inheritance is above me. If anyone can find any information regarding it, I'll be happy to take a look.

Well judging by the success of Ardan and the holy sword, I'm guessing it's already possible to give sword skills to units that don't only use swords, so it's already possible for any sword-using unit to possess those skills without the game crashing...

My knowledge of romhacking is almost nonexistant, but I have a fair amount of experience with problem solving of this sort, so...

So if I understand the problem correctly, there's something in the game's code that removes sword skills from anyone who isn't Patty, Skasaher or Lakche, and you can't modify that?

Adding the skills to other units was no problem, and thankfully there was another patch that let them happen using other weapons. However, inheritance is hardcoded so changing it is pretty difficult. Way beyond me.

The Shin Patch (Balance Wise) is everything I want my FE6 patch to be (but which I've got a long way to go) you give the players a lot of new toys and go "Have fun with these" while also making the game much more difficult.

In short, I like this patch a lot,

I'm totally going for ArdanxAyra, just to see how it turns out. As for my usual favorite Ayra husband, Dew, he's going with Briggid. Shin Dew is a friggin' GOD, and Shin Ardan is a godsend, and nigh indespensible if you want to survive the prologue without save scumming. I noticed you raised the stat caps for thief fighter. About how high do they go now? I can't find that in the changelog.

Anyway, Thief bows + longbow + thief canto = WIN.

Dew: What's that? You say somebody stole all of your money? Don't look at me, f**ker, I haven't left the castle keep all day!

I can have dew snipe, and canto has the bonus effect of granting him quickchange, so he can change back to, say, his trusty wind sword after sniping somebody with a longbow.

That was really clever how you gave him the ability to use bows. Shame the animation is so glitchy, but once you train dew up and he reliably kills everything he sets his sights on, it's actually pretty awesome in its own glitchy way.

My main issues/suggestions (i've PM'd you about some of these, just thought I'd post them here for public record):

*Between the killer axes aplenty and the axe users with continue, a lot of the difficulty in this patch consists of the enemy's ability to instantly kill any character they like if you're sufficiently unlucky. This makes save-scumming almost a necessity just to get the speed ring without casualties, whereas I got all the way to part 2 without boss grinding, saving every village, and not losing a single character without saving in the original game. I recommend ditching the continue soldier skill and the ridiculously common killer axes in favor of generally higher stats. ...On the other hand, those killer axes make Nihil way WAY more useful for player characters to have, so that DOES help balance out Nihil.

*Ever since I found out that Patty inherits stats primarily from her mother, and Faval from his father, I've considered that ridiculously unfair. It's almost inevitable that, ignoring holy blood, the father is going to have better stats than Brigid overall. Giving Faval the major blood AND the father's superior growths, while giving Patty half the blood and half the father's growths... Can you change that so Patty inherits growths from her dad, and Faval from Brigid?

*Is it possible to change what skills do? I don't have high hopes for this, but it seems to me that the critical skill is redundant later in the game, when you start racking up weapon kills. Any way you can make critical give a BOOST to critical rate, say 10%?

*Extremely minor thing, but just for the heck of it, any way you could re-name the thieffighter class as "Ninja"? Fits the screen better.

*Ever since I found out that Patty inherits stats primarily from her mother, and Faval from his father, I've considered that ridiculously unfair. It's almost inevitable that, ignoring holy blood, the father is going to have better stats than Brigid overall. Giving Faval the major blood AND the father's superior growths, while giving Patty half the blood and half the father's growths... Can you change that so Patty inherits growths from her dad, and Faval from Brigid?

*Is it possible to change what skills do? I don't have high hopes for this, but it seems to me that the critical skill is redundant later in the game, when you start racking up weapon kills. Any way you can make critical give a BOOST to critical rate, say 10%?

- Can't let ya do that, Star Fox. You can't change what side of the family you inherit growths from to my knowledge.

- Not without ASM, nope.

Edited by Joekitty

Well then, if you can't make patty inherit from her father, why not...

Take Patty and Faval and give them all of eachother's data, such as sprites, names, genders, portraits, classes, everything except for the actual character ID, so that wherever the inheritance formulas are, they'll think Faval is Patty, and that Patty is Faval, and give the growth rates accordingly. Then just switch the item and holy blood inheritance back around, and you'll have a Patty the inheritance code thinks is Faval, and a Faval the inheritance code thinks is Patty!

...One POTENTIAL side effect of this: If the love growth gender assignments are hard-coded, this could make Patty and Faval both homosexual.

Edited by Alastor15243

Can you change dialogue and starting position?

Yeah, you can do both. Home castle can be rearranged however you want and the units which are put on the map can also be rearranged. Although how they do some units is different from others--for example, I could rearrange I think Sigurd pretty easily, as he was drawn with map event data, and told where to be put. However the other three weren't part of that data--they were placed in some other manner I never bothered to figure out. It's documented, I just didn't want to mess with anything back then :D

I seem to recall some of that being documented at here,

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/fe_mars/

and some message board posts. You'll probably find something helpful if you take a look through some stuff. There's also a data compendium uploaded to the uploader that would probably also be useful.

Yeah, you can do both. Home castle can be rearranged however you want and the units which are put on the map can also be rearranged. Although how they do some units is different from others--for example, I could rearrange I think Sigurd pretty easily, as he was drawn with map event data, and told where to be put. However the other three weren't part of that data--they were placed in some other manner I never bothered to figure out. It's documented, I just didn't want to mess with anything back then :D

I seem to recall some of that being documented at here,

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/fe_mars/

and some message board posts. You'll probably find something helpful if you take a look through some stuff. There's also a data compendium uploaded to the uploader that would probably also be useful.

Where do you get the map editor for Seisen? I think a couple people might appreciate if you like put it up with any documentation you have on it.

It should be up in the Binary thread, along with the map editor for FE3. FE5 has one too but I haven't found it yet D: The name of the guy who did it is supposed with the Super Thracia hack, but that's not enough for me to trace anything unfortunately :(

If they're not I can go through and upload the ones I have. But checking the uploader would be a good idea, since the ones I have might be out of date (I know I updated the FE4 editor twice while I was still playing with the game).

The level data for FE1 is also pretty simple, and there was a half-ass editor I got a friend to make, though it's not any better than manually editing the data. FE2 was being worked on by another forumer years and years back at a different place, and I didn't hear back from him... from what he described, it was pretty straight-forward as well.

A couple of the readmes included with the FE4 map editor were also translated by TheEnd in that same pinned thread. Skimming for any posts by me in that thread should help point out where exactly they are.