Fire Mumblem: The Chronicles of Lussaria (Beta 1 Released! 1/2/2014)

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tile Changes, you must remember. Marc can do some crazy shit.

As far as I'm concerned, the chapter doesn't have any tricks up it's sleeves. Ephraim hasn't really went into detail about his ideas, and he's ignored my warnings about mazes being a terrible idea from a gameplay standpoint, and I refuse to encroach on his freedoms; I gave everyone full control over what happens in their chapters. He seems really fixated on the idea for some reason.

Speaking of tile changes, I actually have two chapter ideas that make immense use of them. One is a maze as well, but the tile change gimmick makes the maze walls constantly rise and descend so you can walk over them. The other chapter idea... I'll keep a secret for now.

Also. Two new maps.

Created by SgtSmilies (Might be changed in the future)

River%20Map.png

Created by MarkyJoe1990

village2.png

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I'm liking the ideas so far.

Also, Lussaria's mug is cool, exspecially her smiling frames... look pervy, insane..? It fits the character.

Ah MarkyJoe, I think I understood where you got that name from...

In italian Lust should be "Lussuria" I think, not 100% sure which in english may sound very likely "Lussaria"...?

Edited by Heartwhisperer

I'm liking the ideas so far.

Also, Lussaria's mug is cool, exspecially her smiling frames... look pervy, insane..? It fits the character.

Ah MarkyJoe, I think I understood where you got that name from...

In italian Lust should be "Lussuria" I think, not 100% sure which in english may sound very likely "Lussaria"...?

I have no idea what the origin of the name is anymore. =X

Also, since SgtSmilies is no longer using the map I made for him (The one with lots of snags and rivers), I've decided to use it for one of my own chapters. I like the idea of a snag-focused chapter. Though, I'm wondering if there's a way I can expand the snag gimmick further than what the map implies.

If you need help with story arcs, I'll do that. Maybe my tiling isn't at all what it should be, but man can I work well with story arcs.

If you need any help, I'll do what I can. Hell, I'll even polish up that one arc I was talking to you about that other day.

If you need help with story arcs, I'll do that. Maybe my tiling isn't at all what it should be, but man can I work well with story arcs.

If you need any help, I'll do what I can. Hell, I'll even polish up that one arc I was talking to you about that other day.

Sorry dude. You're just not what we're looking for. If you wanna keep negotiating with me, PM me instead of using this thread.

what happened to you guys weren't you bestest friends???

That's irrelevant to this thread. If you want to talk, you have my skype.

Now onto something relevant:

I've created a base rom to make it easier for members to get straight to creating their chapters. As a result, some of us are likely to release betas of our chapters for public playtesting and feedback (This will vary from person to person). Expect to see me release a beta of my heal bot stage, and believe me, I will need your feedback; I don't like how it's turning out, but I can't quite pinpoint the problem with it.

In fact, here's some screenshots!

FM_1.png

FM_2.PNG

FM_3.PNG

SgtSmilies has been eventing one of his own chapters as well, and might release an open beta, so... uh... stay tuned? Things are gonna start picking up in progress.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Heeeeey everyone. Guess whose map is ready to be playtested?

Mine~

MarkyJoe1990 ~ Castle Of Healing

Some of you might be off put by the terrible map design of the original Heal Bot map. Well don't worry, I revamped the entire map. Here's how it looks now!

Heal%20Bot%20Version2.png

By the way, probably gonna update the FAQ soon so people know this is for FE7.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I liked it, although the enemies didn't always heal an injured unit, and never used the Fortify staff. I know this is sort of the AI's fault, but it makes it so that the difficulty is probably easier that intended. All I did was send Shigeid and the Mercenary guy up to the boss with the Elixer, had Shigied crit the boss, and then won. I felt no obligation to get the treasure, as it is just a demo and the thieves don't move after pilfering the goods. Unit balance was fine, although the Pegasus Knight was rather useless to me.

I liked it, although the enemies didn't always heal an injured unit, and never used the Fortify staff. I know this is sort of the AI's fault, but it makes it so that the difficulty is probably easier that intended. All I did was send Shigeid and the Mercenary guy up to the boss with the Elixer, had Shigied crit the boss, and then won. I felt no obligation to get the treasure, as it is just a demo and the thieves don't move after pilfering the goods. Unit balance was fine, although the Pegasus Knight was rather useless to me.

Blazer actually suggested I use an exploit that forces the sages to use the fortify every turn, but it seemed like a sloppy solution so I declined. I might have to really consider using it now though.

This map's supposed to be somewhere in the midgame, so just pretend that you're playing a full length Fire Emblem with long term factors and want to get those chests. =X

As for Sharla... We still don't have all of the "essential cast", so I put her in the chapter for filler. She's really meant for ferrying and saving villages above fighting.

Seems fine to me, although the thief on the left won't generate unless you make that merc move by putting someone in that merc's range. Didn't seem too hard, but I think the thieves need an escape point. Sharla wasn't really useful, although she could double the thief with 100% accuracy, which was pretty much her only purpose.

2woer7m.png

Managed to get the two treasures beating the thieves not letting them wait, although I decided to get the Iron Sword from the thief instead of the 3000 gold because I could do this. Think Poalski's RES needs nerfing, but it's sorta irrevelant if it's in the middle of a story.

j0vax5.png

I wanna bow.

34gse2u.png

Think you'll need to activate Fortify each turn, but maybe you could cut down the staff usage to one, and then spawn reinforcements so it only pops up like every 2 or 3 turns? I don't know a lot about hacking, so not sure what would work for whatever suggestion you got.

Or progressively increase the amount of healers with Physic, which could double as a penalty for taking too long to replace Fortify?

Edited by pichupal

Ooh~ Screenshots~

Seems fine to me, although the thief on the left won't generate unless you make that merc move by putting someone in that merc's range. Didn't seem too hard, but I think the thieves need an escape point. Sharla wasn't really useful, although she could double the thief with 100% accuracy, which was pretty much her only purpose.

2woer7m.png

- I'll fix the thief spawn.

- Fire Emblem hacking currently lacks the ability to give thieves escape points. However, I have a workaround. Instead of getting the contents of the chest, I'm going to program the events so that the thief will destroy it, preventing you from getting the contents.

- Once we get more characters (The eight you use in the game are the only ones we have so far besides bosses), I'm going to put in a prep screen so that you don't have to use Sharla. This chapter wasn't really built for her anyway.

Managed to get the two treasures beating the thieves not letting them wait, although I decided to get the Iron Sword from the thief instead of the 3000 gold because I could do this. Think Poalski's RES needs nerfing, but it's sorta irrevelant if it's in the middle of a story.

j0vax5.png

A lot of people have told me that Poalski should have lower resistance, and I've forgotten why I made it so high in the first place. I'll change it.

I wanna bow.

34gse2u.png

Blazer offered to make a female archer for the hack. If he does what he says, you'll be able to trade her bow to Poalski. =X

Oh yeah, and credit goes to The Blind Archer for the General Bow animation.

Think you'll need to activate Fortify each turn, but maybe you could cut down the staff usage to one, and then spawn reinforcements so it only pops up like every 2 or 3 turns? I don't know a lot about hacking, so not sure what would work for whatever suggestion you got.

Or progressively increase the amount of healers with Physic, which could double as a penalty for taking too long to replace Fortify?

- I'm likely going to make the female sages use fortify every turn since that was my original intention.

- In fact lemme explain why they have both physic and fortify staves. Basically through experimenting with the AI, I realized that the AI is programmed to use fortify only if three or more enemies are in it's range, and low in health. Otherwise it'll do absolutely nothing. So by putting in two female sages with physics and fortify, I would be able to make them heal two or less enemies, as well as three or more, allowing more consistent healing.

But uh... yeah. Prolly gonna look into Blazer's exploit.

EDIT: Blazer did some fancy ASM shenanigans and now I can force the sage to heal EVERY turn. Be prepared, everyone. Next update's gonna be a bit more challenging~

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Based on the feedback given to me in this thread and elsewhere, I've updated my Castle of Healing map. Be prepared, ladies and gentlemen, the difficulty has dramatically spiked.

- The female sage heals EVERY turn, and has infinite Fortify staff uses. The ASM code required to make this work is thanks to Blazer.

- The Mercenary blocking the spawn point of the left thief has been moved right one. The tree tile he stood on has been removed to remove 20 points of avoid that the thief has.

- All playable units have been relatively nerfed and buffed accordingly. Shigeid isn't nearly as ridiculously fast, Feltyn no longer has a Light Brand, Sharla is fast and deals more damage, and is sometimes capable of ORKOing the monks given that they have stats favorable for the player (Seems to change sometimes in my playthroughs). Sorlene can actually deal reasonable damage. The units' starting positions have been changed to be more favorable.

- I went and changed the class growths and bases of all male classes to fit something along the lines of FE6 hard mode. Furetchen and SgtSmilies gave suggestions, most of which I followed through with. This, combined with a working healing gimmick, have substantially increased the difficulty. Most enemies can match the stats of your own units, and you will not be able to kill them with one unit alone.

- Getting near the boss (Within the brighter tiled zone) will trigger two shamans to appear on the staircases every turn indefinitely.

Bugs:

- You may notice three soldiers spawn above the female sage. That's part of the fortify exploit. Don't worry about it. I just need to make those units invisible.

- Losing Feltyn causes a game over, and most of the characters still have death quotes. This is just an oversight. I'll fix it soon. FIXED.

- The female sage who heals can level up, which freezes the game, but can be fixed by reseting and resuming the game.

Play at your own risk, and remember: There's no permadeath, so don't be afraid of losing units. You will most definitely lose some anyway (Just don't lose Lussaria).

MarkyJoe1990 ~ Castle of Healing (v2)

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

?qU lɘvɘ⅃

10zx08x.png

Oh, and the game freezes there... forgot to mention. Other then that, I like the difficulty despite how bad I am at Fire Emblem.

.sav if you want it.

http://www.mediafire...ck33391g1fsu1sc

Reset the rom and just hit resume. I'll have to set that unit to not gain/give experience. That should fix it. *Writes it in the bug thing*

I've tried your Beta, MarkyJoe.

Well, wow.

I've liked it very much!

There are some things that other have already pointed out and you have fixed, but apart from that, I have enjoyed it a lot.

I also like the characters, and I'm glad you're running a main character/lord with the shaman class as well.

Even if my shamans have different stats and growths

Ah, answering an old reply in this topic, yes, Lussuria is Italian and "Lussaria" kinda reminds me that name which effectively means Lust.

Really, good job! I'm waiting for more. :>

I've tried your Beta, MarkyJoe.

Well, wow.

I've liked it very much!

Splendid. I'm hoping to make chapters of this kind of quality consistently through the project; short, but gimmicky and challenging.

I also like the characters, and I'm glad you're running a main character/lord with the shaman class as well.

Even if my shamans have different stats and growths

I looooove female shamans~

I think the next chapter I'm gonna get to work on is the late-game defense mission chapter I have planned. Feast your eyes.

I%27m%20onto%20something%20here.png

Also, I created one of the boss themes for this game. Check it out.

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's the late-game player phase theme too.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I think that between the cracked walls and the multiple entrances this is going to be a tough defense chapter. It looks well-made in general too, though I do question why the fortresses on the piece of land to the far southwest are there unless you have some fliers spawning (in which case, awesome!).

I think that between the cracked walls and the multiple entrances this is going to be a tough defense chapter. It looks well-made in general too, though I do question why the fortresses on the piece of land to the far southwest are there unless you have some fliers spawning (in which case, awesome!).

Pirates are going to spawn from the forts in the southwest. If you look closely at the top of the island and the bottom right, there's two river tiles, which means they have a way to get into the water and reach the villages.