Fire Emblem 8 Lunatic Special

Lancer

You probably should have used Neimi if you could have afforded one of the secrets, but I suppose you spent it on the speedwing. The shaman does good damage and has okay-ish accuracy, and Palla / Vanessa can be pretty handy if you managed to get the southern village on chapter 2, and Eirika is pretty good since she had a lot of opportunity to level in axe land.

It's a good thing level 10 Seth's stats a bit better than that of a level 1 Officer. I suppose the game does forgive you for abusing Seth though, given that you'll get more worthwhile characters along the way (Forde, Kyle & Ephraim are all pretty good, and 5x gives them a lot of levels if you tried to minimize Orson's use). However, I assure you Seth won't be able to solo the hack.

Seth solo'd the hack. All he needed was a little healing here and there. Hero!Garcia kinda helped I guess, but only because Seth couldn't be everywhere at once. I think you may need to rethink your idea. It isn't hard, just tedious.You clearly have the ability to put stuff in the game, it's just the quality of what you've implemented.

a010e223388990754c407997f1f6538c.png?1365429781

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still working on that PKL?

I played the first couple of chapters. Its funny how Eirika is one of the only units which can gain experience due to evasion.

Yeah, Eirika can get a lot of EXP without much trouble if you do it right. Palla and Gilly can too, if you manage to hit up the southern village in chapter 2.

Seth solo'd the hack. All he needed was a little healing here and there. Hero!Garcia kinda helped I guess, but only because Seth couldn't be everywhere at once. I think you may need to rethink your idea. It isn't hard, just tedious.You clearly have the ability to put stuff in the game, it's just the quality of what you've implemented.

a010e223388990754c407997f1f6538c.png?1365429781

I meant after Chapter 8, when the next patch is out. I'm not sure how far Seth will be able to get on his own mid to late game. Even with stats like those.

man i'm just going to say it again but

i know that you like to think that you know exactly what you're doing, but i know what i'm doing too, and you have to trust me when i point out flaws in your methods of increasing difficulty. you can argue with me all you want, but i guarantee that it will help you make a better product if your goal is a difficulty hack.

I meant after Chapter 8, when the next patch is out. I'm not sure how far Seth will be able to get on his own mid to late game. Even with stats like those.

It may require.. Teamwork? Considering how lame everyone in compared to Seth in this hack so far. I'm not impressed, there has to be some incentive to use a team and not just one person. Maybe some buffs to the PC's are in order for the massively buffed enemies that only Seth can take on without fear of death in return.

I agree with Jedi. You need to give incentive to use multiple units. It doesn't help that you buffed Seth's growths, I know, I've been peeking with Nightmare! Tone everything down. Higher growths just means that enemies will reach their caps sooner. I'd much rather see one well placed horseslayer than a room full of silvers.

It may require.. Teamwork? Considering how lame everyone in compared to Seth in this hack so far. I'm not impressed, there has to be some incentive to use a team and not just one person. Maybe some buffs to the PC's are in order for the massively buffed enemies that only Seth can take on without fear of death in return.

Thanks. I'd like to stay away from just buffing player characters, but I'll work on the incentive part.

I agree with Jedi. You need to give incentive to use multiple units. It doesn't help that you buffed Seth's growths, I know, I've been peeking with Nightmare! Tone everything down. Higher growths just means that enemies will reach their caps sooner. I'd much rather see one well placed horseslayer than a room full of silvers.

There were at least one of those per chapter before, but I think you have a point. I'll need to increase the amount of Seth Killers for the next patch, and maybe add more for the finished chapters when I update.

I'll need to increase the amount of Seth Killers for the next patch, and maybe add more for the finished chapters when I update.

derp this is the exact opposite of what you need to do

(but given that you haven't responded to anything that i've said, i doubt this will get through to you either if you have me ignored. your loss!)

Thanks. I'd like to stay away from just buffing player characters, but I'll work on the incentive part.

There were at least one of those per chapter before, but I think you have a point. I'll need to increase the amount of Seth Killers for the next patch, and maybe add more for the finished chapters when I update.

You don't need to buff players, just nerf the enemies so Seth isn't the only one who can fight them. Then nerf Seth so he doesn't stomp them even harder. Remember, clever placement is better than filling the game full of traps. Think about where you put enemies and what they can do.

Why not just debuff Seths durability? Lower his base defense and his HP/Def growths so he can't survive everything by himself but still making him an important unit due to his other stats.

I played some of this, and... Really, really missing Lute. She's actually my favorite mage that's not Ewan, as well as Vanessa being my favorite Pegasus Knight in the series (unless you count Elincia).

And I mean, I wouldn't mind Caellach being gone if it didn't mean I couldn't have that epic moment where Joshua murders him.

This is, after all, my favorite game in the series and possibly of all time, so I'd like to think that many people have a special connection to some characters as they do in FE7 where everyone HNNNNNGs about Raven and Nino and Florina and Canas and stuff. I haven't played FE7 nearly as much as FE8 but I still have favorite characters, and Vanessa and Lute are two of my more highly-ranked characters in FE8 (Who cares about growths when I'm going to abuse Creature Campaign anyway?).

And Caellach's replacement. How is fighting a female Hero more exciting? What made Scorched Sand so epic was the fact that the bad guy from the BEGINNING of the game and the guy who killed Joshua (another high favorite of mine)'s mother. Caellach was Joshua's friend, and they worked together in the events before the game... It won't be the same even if the story with the new boss is the exact same. I mean, I appreciate you trying to use a female Hero and use new animations, but really that's just a bit ridiculous that it has to take the spot of the coolest enemy and most emotional (bar Lyon's) fight in the game.

Plus the difficulty is just absurd. FEA Lunatic is absurd too but manageable with DLC, and you can't really argue with that. The pure existence of EXPonential Growth makes the game a lot easier, even if it's a few dollars. Plus in FEA Lunatic you can at least manage to use Chrom and Kellam paired up to get a few kills with the ridiculous defensive gains they can get whereas here... it's... well, absurd. No one but Seth can do anything much. Ross not starting as Journeyman 1 sucks too.

Ok I'm not going to get into the war over who should or should not be changed or genderbent but if you are going to genderbend that guy whose name I apparently cannot spell DEAR GOD PLEASE FIX THE PORTRAIT THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A WOMAN!!!

Why not just debuff Seths durability? Lower his base defense and his HP/Def growths so he can't survive everything by himself but still making him an important unit due to his other stats.

That's a good idea; I'll take it into consideration for the next patch.

I played some of this, and... Really, really missing Lute. She's actually my favorite mage that's not Ewan, as well as Vanessa being my favorite Pegasus Knight in the series (unless you count Elincia).

And I mean, I wouldn't mind Caellach being gone if it didn't mean I couldn't have that epic moment where Joshua murders him.

This is, after all, my favorite game in the series and possibly of all time, so I'd like to think that many people have a special connection to some characters as they do in FE7 where everyone HNNNNNGs about Raven and Nino and Florina and Canas and stuff. I haven't played FE7 nearly as much as FE8 but I still have favorite characters, and Vanessa and Lute are two of my more highly-ranked characters in FE8 (Who cares about growths when I'm going to abuse Creature Campaign anyway?).

And Caellach's replacement. How is fighting a female Hero more exciting? What made Scorched Sand so epic was the fact that the bad guy from the BEGINNING of the game and the guy who killed Joshua (another high favorite of mine)'s mother. Caellach was Joshua's friend, and they worked together in the events before the game... It won't be the same even if the story with the new boss is the exact same. I mean, I appreciate you trying to use a female Hero and use new animations, but really that's just a bit ridiculous that it has to take the spot of the coolest enemy and most emotional (bar Lyon's) fight in the game.

Plus the difficulty is just absurd. FEA Lunatic is absurd too but manageable with DLC, and you can't really argue with that. The pure existence of EXPonential Growth makes the game a lot easier, even if it's a few dollars. Plus in FEA Lunatic you can at least manage to use Chrom and Kellam paired up to get a few kills with the ridiculous defensive gains they can get whereas here... it's... well, absurd. No one but Seth can do anything much. Ross not starting as Journeyman 1 sucks too.

Noted, thank you for taking your time to make a comprehensive post.

There will be a lot of changes during the next patch, one of which will return Caellach to his previous gender. Thinking back on it, Caellach was my favourite villain in FE8, and I planned on the genderswap as a tribute, but nonetheless Caellach will be coming back.

Also, believe me, level 1 journeyman Ross was FAR worse. By FAR. I don't want Ross to be an effortless character, but I'm thinking of toning down his class power so that he can gain more exp during the next patch and grow faster.

I would give that to Franz, except I don't want all soldiers to give crap for EXP. They're hard, yo.

Also, Ephraim is evil. Totally not spoiling anything.

Edit: If you say the difficulty is absurd, it makes me feel like I'm succeeding

Callaech's neck is really long... It's kinda creepy

Edit: Is Marisa a Lyn Lord now? If so, SWEET!

Only if you hack ;)

The hack isn't finished to the point where you can get Marisa legitimately yet.

Edited by Lancer

So I just downloaded this.

The notes when you pick difficulty made me get an ego and picked difficult...

I lost at Prologue.

I hate you Palla *.*

Edit:

Normal still difficult for me.

AHHHHHH

I hate this RNG!

Edited by Ubel Engel

So I played this to the Chapter 8's Boss Defeat.

You missed few of the Vanessa and Lute's name change. For example... their conversations with each other and Vanessa's introduction by Frelia's King.

I was also glad to have grinded Coliseum on chapter 5... Chapter 8 boss would had made it impossible to kill without a good promoted unit.

Edit: If you say the difficulty is absurd, it makes me feel like I'm succeeding

on the contrary, it just means that you are experiencing confirmation bias

because as been stated earlier, the difficulty is trivialized by seth and there are numerous ways in which the type of difficulty can be improved - most of which has been suggested (by me, no less), but ignored. i doubt that is a coincidence!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...