FEE3 2014

Arch

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Project Name: Inheritance of Ash

Base Engine: FE7

Creator: Siuloir

Submitting: LP, and (maybe) possibly first public patch.

You saw nothing...

Might as well join in on the fun

Project Name: Project Nope (tentative)
Base Engine: FE7 (unless FEXNA goes open beta, then I'll be switching to that)
Creator: SentryDown
Submitting: First reveal; Prologue patch

Edited by SentryDown

hmm wonder if my project would do any good or if it even has enough progress

guess I'll go and embarrass myself

Project Name: FE4Online (not literally; tentative title)
Base Engine: FE4
Creator: Lamia
Submitting: WIP Patch

Edited by Lamia

um...not sure if this is needed...because I'm sure someone else does...but I have the first FEE3 if it's needed for some reason or another. I watch it or have it on in the background as inspiration to keep working XD

I'd appreciate if you didn't, honestly.

Give it to upload, or anything, I mean.

If you have to keep it, w/e, but I'd prefer if my old videos stayed off of youtube.

Edited by I have opinions

oh that's fine no problem at all. Was just checking if someone needed it for any reason. I wouldn't upload something to youtube that's not mine anyways XD

If you have to keep it, w/e, but I'd prefer if my old videos stayed off of youtube.

/screen turns retrospective/

this is bigger than you, trent

it's bigger than all of us

/record player makes a zipping sound/

/screen turns retrospective/

this is bigger than you, trent

it's bigger than all of us

/record player makes a zipping sound/

Klok has a point, whether it be in jest or not. If FEE3 is really a community event, one person really shouldn't be able to keep record of it inaccessible.

I actually understand Trent's motivations for wanting to take all his vids off youtube and why he doesn't want it reuploaded. When I get into the job market, as an example, an employer might find my username or email, google me, see my videos, and consider me unfit to employ. (P.S. Do not ever google me or you will find things unfit for human ingestion.) Additionally, having an online presence can be harmful in many other ways, and as I recall the first FEE3 was more hostile than the second and third ones. I recall a lot of prejudice on the part of the LPers in which hacks got the best treatment, which led to some controversy behind the scenes in the fandom at the time. Nobody would really want a stain like that on public record, so I can't blame Trent for not wanting it visible. As well, Trent was the host for two years. He edited everything together, he uploaded it, and he put the most work into it.

That being said, Trent wasn't the only person involved in it. Many people gathered their work, busted ass to submit for the deadlines, and there were other LPers present. I find it a fair point that he wasn't the only person to work on this and it was a huge community effort, so removing it just for his preferences could be viewed as selfish or some other negative adjective. Personally, I think it should still be up, since it was a huge community thing. I'm having talks with someone about starting an official FEE3 channel with all the old and upcoming vids hosted there, as well as designing a small site around it for permanent reference. History is important and we shouldn't discard it just because there were mistakes made. If we do that, we can't learn from it and we're doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

So yeah, that's my opinion. It's just an opinion though, and certainly not the word of god.

P.S. Regarding the people who submitted hacks and projects to FEE3, if it were me, I'd be annoyed that I worked hard to get trailers and stuff ready and then my work was basically erased a year later. That's really a shame that all that effort was simply wiped away after so short a period of time, intentionally.

Edited by Klok

Just so you guys know Trent is on holiday for a while until the end of this month so he may or may not be able to reply, and I don't feel like speaking for him so just letting y'all know.

Edited by Tryhard

I am not certain if I can get a working patch for my hack by August, however if there is something, I'll make a small demo that includes at least two chapters since it'd be impossible for me to get four chapters demo out. (provided I can get some mugs to replace the placeholders for the characters featured)

By that time if it does function will be when I'll ask few selective people to alpha test it.

Project Name: The Last Promise

Creator: Blazer and Co.

Submitting: Patch

Project Name: The Second to Last Promise

Submitting: Demo

Project Name: The Last Memory

Base Engine: FE8

Submitting: Demo, Trailer

One of these isn't real

Project Name: The Last Promise

Submitting: Patch

One of these isn't real

Totally this. I means, it's so obviously fake.

Project Name: The Last Memory

Base Engine: FE8

Submitting: Demo, Trailer

Demo AND a trailer? This is definitely the fake. I know you hate effort...!

Second to last promise made me lol though xD