Fractured Realms: CANCELLED!!!!

Chocolate Kitty

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I tried to avoid the prince thing but honestly I feel like mercenary nobody saving the world happens more often in hacks, so I went with prince haha

but thanks!

now that you mention it, plot device of random merc saves the world really is over used. I wonder what different ways this can be done besides royalty/ ex villain types.

HAH

so like who saw this coming

tbh not me actually

since my laptop decided to take an unexpected turn last week(it was last week right? whatever day thanksgiving in the US was), I actually lost literally everything on it that wasn't in my dropbox and have been pretty unsuccessful in retrieving it. What exactly happened? The thing basically snapped in half when I tried to open it...

So yeah. With nothing to pull from it's sort of implied that we're done here, I've failed you all. Leaving rom hacking behind for FEXNA.

If I do manage to get my old stuff back, I might end up doing stuff again regarding it but.... don't get too excited about that.

*weeps bitter tears for those mugs will not get to shine*

=D. Appropriate hype. Haven't seen any XNA projects other than 7x itself. Are there many others who've earned Yeti's early favour?

It's not so much earning favor as "I need beta testers, you guys know what you're doing/can code/paid good money so you guys can be my beta testers". I donated a large sum, and I'm going to be writing the main guide for FEXNA, which is why I have access. I gave a bunch of my friends access, but almost none of them are touching it (They're waiting for full release, or like Primefusion, would prefer to stick to GBA). Skitty is the only one currently working on a serious project, aside from Yeti. I have a couple like Roguelike Emblem and Phoenix Saga and Sacred Contention 2 that I work on a little bit here and there, but I'm saving the majority of my creative energy for after FE8CM. There are two other people, like PwnageKirby/Charlotte and Terra who are making their own silly games/test projects to get used to the engine, but they aren't at the same level as Skitty's project.

Basically, Skitty is the only person aside from Yeti putting in actual effort on a serious project with FEXNA currently.

It's not so much earning favor as "I need beta testers, you guys know what you're doing/can code/paid good money so you guys can be my beta testers". I donated a large sum, and I'm going to be writing the main guide for FEXNA, which is why I have access. I gave a bunch of my friends access, but almost none of them are touching it (They're waiting for full release, or like Primefusion, would prefer to stick to GBA). Skitty is the only one currently working on a serious project, aside from Yeti. I have a couple like Roguelike Emblem and Phoenix Saga and Sacred Contention 2 that I work on a little bit here and there, but I'm saving the majority of my creative energy for after FE8CM. There are two other people, like PwnageKirby/Charlotte and Terra who are making their own silly games/test projects to get used to the engine, but they aren't at the same level as Skitty's project.

Basically, Skitty is the only person aside from Yeti putting in actual effort on a serious project with FEXNA currently.

so like the real world remember kids connections do you well.

on a side note now i reaaaalllly really cant wait for this. that and fexna

now that you mention it, plot device of random merc saves the world really is over used. I wonder what different ways this can be done besides royalty/ ex villain types.

I once had a few stories involving characters that weren't a mercenary or royal status. One was with a merchant as the main protagonist and another was a historian which was eventually changed into a historian and socially hardened princess :^)

And of course, there's Death or Glory which stars a regular soldier. You can do pretty much anything as long as you can justify it in the story.

I also saw this coming with multiple people being beta testers. Though, I didn't see anyone being capable of starting a full-fledged project with the first release assumed being a lot later in the year. Still, I am interested at seeing where this project will go with it being the first XNA project on the site. Guess this is my queue to get back to working on my hack and wait patiently for XNA.

Edited by Yui Hirasawa

• 3 months later...

dontmakeajokeaboutvillagerdontmakeajokeaboutvillagerdontmakeajokeaboutvillagerdontmakeajokeaboutvillagerdontmakeajokeaboutvillagerdontmakeajokeaboutvillager

Woow! this looks neat! Fractured Realms returns!

Yeah I know I'm a complete noob and unknown but I decided I'm waiting for the release before starting anything. Spending my time working on plot and story ideas.

Yeah I know I'm a complete noob and unknown but I decided I'm waiting for the release before starting anything. Spending my time working on plot and story ideas.

just start now, no one knows when its being released. Seriously, at least start hacking to start to understand FE gameplay and map design first hand. Don't just wait for FEXNA lol.

just start now, no one knows when its being released. Seriously, at least start hacking to start to understand FE gameplay and map design first hand. Don't just wait for FEXNA lol.

Or develop graphic skills in spriting and such. You need those for any project, hack or otherwise. (although hacks have stringent guidelines on things like the number colors per sprite, or battle animation size, that fexna will not.)

Perhaps try some mini hacks with simple events just to get a handle on ballence and map design. Ragefest just got reanounced, ant that contest perfers level design and cleverness over hacking or graphics quality.

Edited by sirmola

I feel bad for Skitty though. After all, when the next big update comes along in the beta, he's gonna have to transplant all of his files over. Easily the #1 reason I'm not putting serious effort into anything yet. It's easy to copy events, chapters, maps, etc over, but very tedious to port over even the slightest of code or animation modifications between versions. That's the biggest benefit everyone will get from starting with a V1.0 release, you're not waiting for a big update to add desired functionality, everything after 1.0 will be optional addons and maybe bugfixes.

I feel bad for Skitty though. After all, when the next big update comes along in the beta, he's gonna have to transplant all of his files over. Easily the #1 reason I'm not putting serious effort into anything yet. It's easy to copy events, chapters, maps, etc over, but very tedious to port over even the slightest of code or animation modifications between versions. That's the biggest benefit everyone will get from starting with a V1.0 release, you're not waiting for a big update to add desired functionality, everything after 1.0 will be optional addons and maybe bugfixes.

Eh, most of the coding I've done for skills isn't too complicated to port(I don't think at least), and the code that yeti and I worked on relating the events should be in the update so nothing to change there.

But yeah, for the most part I'd agree(it's why I haven't touched animations).

• 1 month later...

"with ease" seems like a bit of an overstatement for 4 movement cost.

iAXlx.png

:B

Where's mah Sequence/Acadia Hat/Peytral/Ninja Tabit/Angel Ring combo Eric? You better deliver broseph :B

(seriously I always did like the FFTA weapon/item icons)

Honestly, if i could make items like sequence and peytral I would, no joke