TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the flurry of posts, I need to do cliffhangers more often!

Either Flo lives because the mook has no strength and just an iron bow, or Flo dies because the mook has a silver bow or something(UNLIKELY) Percent chance of Flo surviving: 95% given the terrible game design

Unlikely? He not only has a silver bow, but silver bow has ALSO been buffed to 15 MT(I didn't get a screenshot, just trust me)!

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 5: Chapter 4: Part 2: The "Epic" Conclusion

Well, not really. I actually lost all my saves and screenies for corrupt theocracy, so...

JUST KIDDING! Okay, okay, maybe I'm milking this a bit much.

3MjcuTl.png

WHIFF! I did some calculations, and his hit chance here was in the 60's(remember, Flo has hilariously high speed). Still, I got very lucky, since this would have DEFINITELY one-shotted her. And yeah, this was the sniper.

jLjx4rW.png

The ally paladin does his job and he does it well.

dzvevHj.png

You know, the healers really don't help the cluster****.

7B3QzWv.png

LET'S KILL THEM!

UJkSUaf.png

Suddenly, more reinforcements from the left side! Why yes, that archer most certainly IS on a peak. I'm lucky Blademaster didn't decide to go the extra mile and move those reinforcements just a few tiles down...

Tm0M4n2.png

Dang! Oh well, he distracted the main brunt of them for quite a while! You will be missed, paladin.

cXjjbj0.png

I drop another one, and leave him on the fort this time.

9iDuBvo.png

*FACEPALM* now the sniper can reach her again!

MhQe3HV.png

BLOCK IT RAPTOR

WxCe5Ru.png

More reinforcements, see the thing Blademaster loves to do is just repeat the same wave of reinforcements, over, and over, and over, and over...

qA0Rghp.png

This paladin doesn't last half as long as the other one! Dang!

wsPRKBm.png

This guy is still doing his job adequately... Wait, why didn't he attack the weaker units that were RIGHT THERE?

ezSz4fN.png

Oh, that's why. The paladins are equipped with hand axes, which have 25 uses, but it's NOT ENOUGH! I bet this is the first time you've seen a green unit wear out their weapon...

mD5oNg8.png

Get him, Barry!

TyGGlZZ.png679vE8z.png

Yeah! Now we only have one OP prepromote to deal with! And hey, how damaging can one prepromote be?

loMXKGQ.png

WE NEED MORE PALABOMBS!

nPRUUBp.png

MORE REINFORCEMENTS.

zeckdwm.pngAXksgyP.pngb5aVeTW.png

Oh, what? Well, okay...

eM5ED6f.png

He'll be safe up here, right?

vuHrM10.png

NOPE! Also, Henry(and a lot of other characters) have no death quote! Way to characterize, Blademaster! What is this, FE1?

d6iv1Vw.png

Okay, RESCUE SHENANIGANS!

KZmImIs.png

Everybody lives, and we get another paladin down! Man, rescue shenanigans solve EVERY PROBLEM, it's a pity it was removed in the later games...

HgVj3XZ.png

DO IT!

iDDkCtI.png

He does, but...

Well, with the prepromote gone, the chapter is basically over.

UJCpI1k.png

But the reinforcements apparently don't think so! Keep in mind basically every enemy remaining was a reinforcement.

wF1463k.png

WHY? WHY YOU ATTACH HIM?

d1BqGdp.png

NCITb3t.png

Once again, HAMMER TiME!

Fast forward a few turns...

5q6j7us.png

Sorry guys, there just wasn't any interesting combat!

3IRLsYg.png

House time!

SR2nhid.png

Jake: it up here! Congrats! Hey! Did you know? I give hints about the past! Did you know that in the previous chapter that Raptor could talk with Barry and Mark and that Ether could talk with Eli, Henry, and Troy? You should try it!

Yup, this is the first time Jake appears in a house. And he congratulates us for an impossibly simple task. He gives hints about chapters you've already done(EG: A long time after they're actually useful).

AMzBdvS.png

Let's visit this house!

toxxf8O.png

Turns out its actually a shop! THAT SELLS WEAPONS! Yeah, this is the whole inventory. I grab a few weapons, even though we really don't need them.

mmB3LIb.png

His text box covers whoever is engaging him, but here's the quote!

RXmTSGD.png

Henry is a very useless character. He has defense, but not enough in it to actually specialize, and he's an average unit in a hack where "amazing and excellent" is the norm.

s9OVEsQ.png

This house is in range of the boss. What EXCELLENT game design!

eGiXKPi.png

Copied dialogue!

Anna: it up here! Congrats! Hey! Did you know? I give hints about the future! Be sure to visit that house in the desert! I’m sure an old friend is there…

Anna gives hints about the future. You know, these tips are actually one of the GOOD ideas this hack had, but of course it's buried under all the crap. She's more useful than Jake, but she's kinda lying, the person in the house is noone we know...

Wait, DESERT CHAPTER? OH DEAR LORD!

Ya8sVBt.pngiKSgmjZ.png

Let's have the lord do the honors, turning the animations on for a minute!

bND5QZs.pngnuJAF7u.png

How eloquent. Blademaster apparently raised the strength cap for Eliwood Lord...

8Nb2fWh.png

Ulala: Thank you Troy… Oh! A-and you too, Eli!

Eli: Well, Lady Ulala, I suggest we go back inside for the time being and prep for when the enemies next forces come. We need to lure them into the castle so we can pincer them when their reinforcements show up. I hear that this Max fellow is leading their second charge.

Normal FE: Enemy loses the battle outside, and retreats into their castle.

Corrupt Theocracy: We win the battle outside...and retreat inside anyway.

We are the WORST tacticians.

Ulala: Ah, the man you believe is the cause of all this. I hope you can solve this problem that you have with this man.

If they have a boss convo, I didn't see it. Don't get your hopes up.

Eli: …Right... Well then, I will take my leave.

qLtpeN0.png

Ulala: stuff. I just want to run away from it all… With you…

iDiNA4m.png

Troy's mouth apparently waters so much at the though he can't even pronounce her name right.

Ulala: Please Troy… Spend the night with me tonight…

Well, we just went there. Game rating goes from E10+ to T.

And then, when this is all over, let us take a trip to Merc for a while and let Henry rule for once!

Troy: Of course Ulala. I would be glad to join you.

HmX2b17.png

EDXf1sp.png

I call romantic plot tumor, except the rest of the plot is so crappy we'll barely notice.

Hmmm, it appears I accidentally saved some images from next episode into this episodes folder...hey, have a preview of next episode!

LUG7LR1.png

MORE OP PREPROMOTE ENEMIES! MORE OP PREPROMOTE ALLIES! MORE TERRIBLE MAP DESIGN!

the most exciting thing of ch 5 (if ya don't give a shit) is collecting the treasure chests.

(this hack could be something i could get behind if it wasn't executed so terribly.)

get hyped for ch 6 dessert

and get wrecked (except not at all)

that next map's a doozy of a waiting game combined with what little gets threw those green units.

ya got lucky with the dodge though

Well, you just summed up the chapter. You gotta stop it with the spoilers, I want my readers to see the BS first-hand for the greatest effect!

the most exciting thing of ch 5 (if ya don't give a shit) is collecting the treasure chests.

(this hack could be something i could get behind if it wasn't executed so terribly.)

get hyped for ch 6 dessert

and get wrecked (except not at all)

Keep in mind guys, I have already played this hack. But yeah, treasure chests are definitely the best part of the level.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 6: Chapter 5: Part 1: Are They Even Gonna Make it Inside?

ATTENTION! Before the chapter begins, I would like to make a musical recommendation! Trust me, awesome music makes this stuff more bearable. If you like technological-sounding stuff, sharks, and over-the-top cliche music, I would like to recommend the laser shark theme(not a youtube video or tinkdeck, it's a bandcamp page).

Was I put up to this with CASH? Have I become a "sellout"? ...Maybe.

jQSNCPo.png72nYgYA.png

Hmmm...

pMqO6hg.pngXa31u3u.png0D9hDzd.png

The chapter begins the way it always does, enemies and allies appearing everywhere.

504mi9r.png

Max: And Pathetic. This won’t take very long…

KFkFKje.png

Reddier 2#: Our soldiers in the back are being killed! It’s the Repub army! And they are being lead by General Mac! This is not looking good Sir! We must retreat now! Our small forces are no match for an army of that callibur!

So, instead of us waiting for the allies to arrive, they're ALREADY HERE, they're just taking a REALLY LONG TIME to kill all the guys in the back. Great.

The question is, how is your army NOT capable of handling an army of "that calibur", considering the huge amounts of soldiers it appears you brought?

KE2Nxv0.png

WHY? WHY is it too late to retreat now? You're a paladin, just rescue some guys and ride out of here!

Max: Only hope is to conquer the castle and use it to our advantage and send for some reinforcements. We have to beat the enemy before General Mac shows up!

Scroll up to Eli...

Actually no, I reversed the order these convos appear in, normally this is supposed to appear first. It's because of all the weird screenshot problems I've had. Convenience.

Remember, our plan was to retreat into the castle to do a pincer attack on the enemy...

o8naMWe.png

Greendier: planned, but a problem has appeared. The enemy is apparently trying to pincer attack US now!

*FACE*

*FRICKIN*

*PALM*

WE ARE LITERALLY THE WORST TACTICIANS EVER

Eli: So I guess we should be prepared for a rear attack. I figured that the enemy would only attack from this side which is why I brought all the soldiers here.

The other enemy troops are gonna arrive through the back of the castle. How did they get there? Did we FORGET TO INSTALL A BACK WALL?

Greendier: Fear not, Lord Eli! We shall all do our best to help you.

And help us they will.

END DIALOGUE

COZ1Wex.png

If I remember right, this is the only defense mission the chapter has. Also, look at the chapter number. It's wrong, and this certainly WON'T be the only time.

jkTwFh0.png

As usual...

oDEpATx.png

The bard will be opening up the chests. All those keys we got will make sense now...

Y4m0Rnv.png

As good a formation as any...

JYGQr6Z.png

This is going to be a permanent thing, isn't it?

ycsp7wx.png

I tried to remove the interfaces and do a nice little map showcase, because it lined up quite perfectly, but one of my screenshots got overwritten. Dangit!

wS8ruLA.png

Here's the map. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?

q28bamA.png

Good news: I discovered this cool burst window thingy in the options! It's actually pretty cool! I'm gonna keep it on from now on.

Aa6pViu.png

These paladins are pretty strong. Keep in mind there's a 4-man wall on each side! The enemies will take a LONG time to bust through them.

VHagYEH.png

Almost every ally on the map has a short spear. For some reason.

Beot3MV.png

All the ally soldiers are pretty buff, but not THAT buff.

UAd6KUH.png

The knights though, they're AMAZING. Can I borrow a few? Seriously, these are better than those friendly generals in Chaos Mode. One side is staffed with a line of knights, the other with a line of soldiers. This results in kind of an imbalance in allied power.

DrTVHrP.png

There are a few allied generals around. They're pretty cool.

Lfk18IG.png

Also, WHY and HOW is this paladin here? IT MAKES NO SENSE. There aren't even stairs in there! And if he's a prisoner...

VV53Ara.png

THEN WHY DOES HE HAVE A GOOD WEAPON?

JxGqlEz.png

There a few enemy paladins, and they're about equal to our ally paladins.

ovMZJNy.pngBqMqYFS.png

Max is ALMOST as good as the generics accompanying him, but he'll die nonetheless.

fi6JkWw.png

A NEW type of prepromote to fight! Joy!

JZjBZpl.png

Perfect level. Woo.

Also, if you look, you can see that we had some trouble getting out of the starting positon. Just another bit of bad design, forcing you to jam your dudes in a thing little hallway.

Dv6FPxc.png

Max right away rides up and...fails to kill the soldier. Didn't get the combat.

SW8YbkB.png

And the greenies war is ON! Much of this chapter is just green combat.

zc6FkNd.png

The first blood goes to US!

i7Cjgc5.png

Look how many of them it took to get even ONE of us! And that's the weakest one!

q1ePoyB.png

On the other side, they barely even NICK the knights. That front isn't breaking anytime soon.

cIP19ob.png

The little grass patches on the side of the map are oft-used by enemies and allies alike. They don't need to be there, honestly.

YpOhEir.png

QEg07ym.png

Did I mention that the paladins MOVE? Not only will they chase down ALL the enemies, they'll even go after ones not in their range!

qYSL4Dz.png

Remember, we expect an attack from the back...which I honestly haven't really show yet. Oh well.

PY53jRj.png

Suddenly reinforcements! Specifically, an enemy thief!

hjMRUhB.png7WekoLu.png

The paladins are punished for moving out and breaking the line. Well, one of them, at least.

PYorLpE.png

All the soldiers are already gone.

JBhMRDT.png

The "pincer" attack begins! These thieves unlock the immediate door, but they don't move after, because the general blocks their pathing. WHY EVEN HAVE TWO OF THEM THEN?

6HosUvz.png

The bishop is too busy wasting his physic to deal with the green threat.

jEQscnd.pngGKNASnK.png

One of the generals and the sniper is down! They're winning out!

g2csVi5.png

Hmmm, I wonder if this is a bad idea?

A2AJhjr.png

Suddenly, the boss charges through the gap in the paladin defense! THEY'VE MADE IT INSIDE! QUICK! MURDER!

HpevKWo.png

WHEN SUDDENLY, TROLLREINFORCEMENTS FROM THE TOP! A soldier and a sniper! AND MORE THIEVES...for...some...reason...

EJKsmlE.png

This guy had made about 2-3 hits on the general, and this is all the light brand has made. I have no idea why this guy is even here. There's no point!

TXzg222.png

Oh come on! Keep in mind that I killed the first thief, and then ANOTHER thief came and permanently stole this vulnerary! BS!

pY83xgK.png

And with that, the entire right side is clear(except for an injured general). Wow. Keep in mind that all we've done the past few turns is move around, honestly. I'll talk more about this later...

AYfn4tx.png

And now the LEFT side is also clear! This is insane!

Qiwesy0.png

The friendly paladin chooses to hit Max...from all the way over there?

ZTm4Waw.png

Now I can NEVER get my vulnerary back...

p2OuG6U.png

The lack of combat in this level means levels are kinda scarce...

j6yTaCF.pngqPHyai7.png

Turning on the animations for a moment, we kill the boss. Note that this has no effect on the enemy reinforcements, or anything at all, really.

Well, I think here is a good place to cut it. First update to surpass a hundred images.

So the boss said whe he got beat "Ouch K a bible"?

i believe he was expressing shock and pain at the player having killed him, as the root words for "ouchkabile" were most likely the words unthinkable, and ouch, or ouchy, or ouchers, or some other variant.

thus the truly wonderful, and thoughtful dialogue this hack is providing for us.

I'll play ch 6 of this game if you can find one nice thing to say about ch 6 moniker

Edited by Umbichueon

i believe he was expressing shock and pain at the player having killed him, as the root words for "ouchkabile" were most likely the words unthinkable, and ouch, or ouchy, or ouchers, or some other variant.

thus the truly wonderful, and thoughtful dialogue this hack is providing for us.

I'll play ch 6 of this game if you can find one nice thing to say about ch 6 moniker

Still think as he spoke his last words he found a bible, and had to mention it.

Something tells me that the only hard part about this game is the tediousness with the occasional prepromote giving danger.

that is spot on. cept for ch 6, but that is different for it's own special reasons remember mr mac?

hmm. that is appealing.

"ouch, oh! hey a bible! *dead* "

makes him feel more human ya know

I love all the speculation over random babble. I have now made this post my headcanon.

Something tells me that the only hard part about this game is the tediousness with the occasional prepromote giving danger.

Yup. Although, as the other guy said, Chapter 6 is difficult for its own...special...reasons.

I'm just going to wait and see. Somehow, the sheer terribleness of the hack makes it intriguing to watch....BECAUSE LOGIC! And all the while my IQ slowly drops from the sheer terribleness of the hack.

Yeah, I really don't get why this hack makes me keep playing it. The whole time you wish you could just stop and safe yourself the trouble, but you CAN'T. For comparison, I stopped Project Z about 12-14 chapters in because I found it had become tedious, but this hack is WAY MORE tedious, and also LAME, and yet I played it for all of the 30+ chapters!

What's scary is when there's a hack that gives better levels than chaos mode does, more often, to more characters :/

Yeah, I wish I could show everyone's growths to reveal how insane they are, but alas a growth sheet for this hack quite simply does not exist.

and the nightmare part is...I can kind of see some of these ideas being insanely trolling to the player with a bit of a tweak.

for example, moniker using the palabomb tactic gave me an idea....

Uh oh...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 6: Chapter 5: Part 2: Green Wins

1QR27GU.png

Here is Henry's level from killing the Bible boss. Dat 11 res...

YUb5Jki.png

I don't want to deal with that sniper, especially with that corridor hemming my guys in. GENERAL! HANDLE IT!

L7Une9A.png

More reinforcements come. This will continue for QUITE A FEW turns.

1o8xmXi.png

Look at that sniper, he just jammed himself in right next to the general!

UsHt3oa.png

I was trying to use Bowen to block those stairs from further thief reinforcements(which didn't come) but then the paladin victimizes him instead! Bowen's low speed and RES make him useless, regardless of his stellar defense.

PKTtPcK.png

Well, the paladins over there are free now. Would you guys care to help us with the top front?

WbcpuNF.png

Look at that paladin. Really, I'm shocked he got all the way up there!

1eKQRtc.png

Eli, take the keys. We're gonna open these chests!

psecLPu.png

Hey, that's pretty useful!

4LmVA6S.png

More reinforcements.

zYSsLjm.png

Suddenly, a sniper runs down and CRITS Troy, killing him! Dangit! Also, Troy has no death quote or game over script, which is odd considering his story importance.

4mLbCoV.png

Well, the paladin's journey is over.

35MIYi3.png

The rest of the paladins start coming up to help us...

CYDmEMV.png

The next chest is...uh...

sBc2w16.png

Welp. No joke, Blademaster decided to just dispense with the "gem" nonsense and give us giant bags of money! Why couldn't he have just given us the money straight? Was this a hacking problem back then?

ABXIhTU.png

More reinforcements!

When suddenly...

LhhHfdZ.png

The general gets critted, and then the other sniper runs down and...

jSyzmKf.png

...crits Troy. Again. B. FRICKIN. S!

E9X1ihx.pngFosgRA6.png

This cheers me up a bit. Nils Nova can actually use this.

cas9gWx.png

This time I pull Troy back. The general still dies, put the paladin also stands in the way of the sniper army!

FLEHhdZ.png

Honestly, this map...it's just...

S6dLWNw.png

Another one? Okay.

jMx461j.png

I decide to let Troy very slowly kill this guy. Look at all the paladins around! I swear, Blademaster LOVES paladins.

PKWQXfH.png

They try to push back the snipers...

But then they realize a funner possibility...

sz9LeC2.png

IT'S THE PALADIN KONGA LINE! EVERYBODY JOIN IN!

"Ohhhhh, this Theocracy is Corrupt,

If I keep playing this hack, I will eruuuuuppppt..."

gNGbQNY.png

"Reinforcements from the bottom,

Those knights will hopefully stoppem..."

LPbwDem.png

And then the paladins break the line. I could have kept that song going, too...

tq2kuXD.png

What, you thought the right side was the only one that got reinforcements? Nope, we have prepromotes coming from the left, and there aren't any greenies over there to stop them!

yGxyuoR.png

Well, there's why the snipers crit so much! Did killer weapons really have 35 crit in the main games? And do snipers have a crit bonus in this hack? I THINK THEY DO.

yEPak8D.png

The paladin has a fire brand, which may or may not be a custom weapon. Either way, it's just another magic sword "in between" the runeblade and light brand.

sIVPYlb.png

Finally, Barry can get some action!

nBTKn2A.png

Any promotion items anytime soon?

xiQewoK.png

More? Of course there's more.

RlicKeJ.png

The armor line starts to break...

0CZkC8H.png

Meanwhile, the paladins have finished with the snipers! You'd think they might not come out on top against one of these enemy squads, but they always do!

NLVgrlo.png

Barry comes under heavy fire, and I just can't keep him out here any longer...he needs to pull back, unfortunately.

Ny6Z3od.png

We ALL need to pull back, because EVERYONE IS A SQUISHY AND THERE'S THREE OF THEM. We need to head for the treasure room!

hivglz4.png

Barry can handle things down here, right?

GGAqnyx.png

More...

mj7qQr8.png1hMZfp0.png

Uh oh...

wG8dkg5.png

Annnnd he died. With no quote. Savestate, because Barry is a useful character.

H7lcY8E.png

He still comes under fire, but this time he lives. Just LOOK at that cluster around the green knights! I have to give a big shout-out to them, they held their own, and without them, the castle would likely have been penetrated earlier.

7HMd9y8.png

Buuuuut we'd better keep retreating.

ykjQ0iV.png

The paladins are back to distract the oncoming prepromote stream!

xyDTVER.png457NhyC.png

Also, I kill the one in the cell! Look at Troy, using that new archer skill cap!

VrrTU1A.png

Let's hole up in here, it should be safe...

7Pu2YNr.png

Do we REALLY NEED more?

3asxbln.png

The knight line is horribly broken...

r4hRsjw.png

One more turn and that paladin will be able to reach the throne(even if he can't seize it)

nqhmyTE.png

WHEN SUDDENLY

And yes, that is a dialogue cursor, not my in-game cursor. No idea why it comes from this corner.

tVxxRUV.png

Mac: Alright men! Move out and secure the castle!

And then we just skip straight to the part where the castle is secured. Does General Mac even HAVE an army?

Although, as we'll find out, he really doesn't need one

3HFmP19.png

Who's the hero guy? He spends a lot of time in this cutscene doing nothing...

Mac: The same can be said to you Lord Eli! Your Father, Lord Enron, along with King Zinc and his family and Lord Danri are also here to!

Eli: Really? I will go speak with my father for a while then. I have things I would like to talk to him about…

Ke84D2J.png

Iforgethisname: we must meet again under such circumstances. How have you been lately?

Ulala: I have been good as of late. And now that you are here, I feel much better. You have always been like a second father to me and Henry… Tell me, are Zypher, Lyra, and Gunni here?

Lyra? Wasn't that the cat from Fe10?

IFHN: Yes, I have brought them with me. Would you like to see them?

Ulala: Oh yes! I will go talk to them now!

ruxdcP8.png

IFHN: we must now get down to business. Al! Get in here!

tVJPoF8.png

IFHN: Gentlemen, this is my intelligence report on this Akuma fellow. He is considered one of the Merc Five, the five strongest warriors in Merc. Even among the Merc, he is widely hated. Why he wanted to kidnap this Dragon child, I have no Idea.

WoURbGA.png

And NOW he speaks. First time the whole cutscene!

qB55cq8.png

Let's play "Spot the typo"!

IFHN: Very well. Take Mac and Eli’s forces with you.

He doesn't mean "Mac and Eli's armies" he means "Eli's army and Mac".

And you know what, I'm MORE than grateful.

Laus dude: I would also like for my son and Raptor to go with you.

Harken(?): Very well. I will go and brief them on the mission specs.

"Mission specs"? They didn't have that terminology in medieval times!

ILqoCx6.png2oMYf2C.png

Laus dude: would like to speak with you about before you go. It’s about Lady Ulala…

cH8Hyi3.png

Hmmm, no cats here, but there IS a live Leila!

Hellene(?): Well, I am just happy to see her smile.

Zephiel(?): Mother, whenever anyone smiles, you do the same!

l61tKAX.png

Guinivere(?): Gunni smiles too!

Overdone baby talk alert!

Hellene(?): I guess there’s no fooling you Gunni! I hope these happy times never end…

YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRICKIN WAR

4UZJwpJ.png

Next time: The Hack Replaces its Weird Fake BS with Real BS

You know, this chapter guys...it was really a perfect example of how to do a defense mission WRONG. First off, the bad castle design, where the enemies didn't have many routes to get to the throne with, AND the fact that the enemies were very, very, VERY far away from your starting position. Another thing that was wrong were the OP green units. They cleared the chapter for you, and you didn't even have to do anything. They were invincible, they moved, they made your presence completely unnecessary! And then there was the OP enemy prepromotes. They further compounded the problem by making it so that even if you DID make it to some combat before the greenies, you would have to shy away from the prepromotes and be unable to accomplish anything, FORCING you to rely on the greenies! Not to mention, thief trollreinforcements and killer bow sniper trollreinforcements!

This is probably one of the worst chapters in the game, and considering that I normally like defense missions, and this is the only one the hack has(there isn't even a "survive" mission!), I feel kind of cheated!